It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Run for the Fire Board. 

Post Re: Run for the Fire Board.
Any truth to the rumor that the Sheriff's friends all refused to go to the meeting and that's why it was cancelled? Were they protecting Fred from uncomfortable questions about why his deputy might have been fooling around with school girls? Or maybe he doesn't want to answer questions about why he wouldn't accept a statement of a crime from his opponent? Or why he got in an argument with his opponent in a public parking lot and was calling his opponents bosses repeatedly?

Back in 2006, Fred just asked his friends in the Republican party not to have any Meet the Candidates because he didn't want to be challenged. I guess he's pretty used to controlling everything. The Fred-friendly clerk found that the Sheriff's opponent didn't have enough signatures then, either. That's when it seems to have started for her.

The snow was much worse over here and people who aren't law enforcement with free cars were all ready to go. But the Sheriff's friends said they wouldn't go. It sounds just like the weenie and the weenie-protectors.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 am

NJ I bet you are exactly rght! :o I was wondering why they cancelled over on the other side when they got hardly any snow that day!

He's Hiding! And his friends are covering for him! OMG!! #-o

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:32 am

They said it was becasue the fairpley candidates couldnt get there but Dave Kintz was already there before they cancled. What the heck is up with cancleing 20 minutes before start time. I was gasing up and saw fred at the gas station. He wasnt in uniform or even very nice casual clothes didn't look like hed been planning on going to an important meeting.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:13 am

The Sheriff is always out running around on the highways in bad weather. The only reason he would cancel due to a storm was if he was scared of the meeting. Now he gets to dodge all questions until after assembly. And the dummies who go vote for him at assembly will be just like the ignorant public that voted for Obama because they refused to get themselves informed.

You saw him at the gas station and he wasn't dressed for a public meeting? That says it all. This was planned to be cancelled. All of the chickens in the Park County government taking care of their pork leader who hides their spending for them. This is so obvious that the people making money over and under the table are defending this government. You watch, push come to shove they will toss the "hero" under the bus because he's the dumbest. Or maybe Doobie, too. Tossup.

So citizens need to contact him and ask him the questions and bring the answers, if you can get him to answer anything. Like mentioned before, he always used to talk to Parkbull on stories before and now won't talk to them, even. That's one scared puppy. He said at the central committee meeting "if you want the truth call me" so call him. He was calling Graves a liar when he said it, but he invited people to call. I would like to know how many calls he takes.

The county needs to know that the guy they think is a hero is really a coward hiding from the public and the questions. Just a coward who obviously has something to hide.

(719) 836-4101 office
fwegener@parkco.us

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:12 am

Did you see the new button on parkbull? It's on the right hand side. It's a link to the fire district elections. I didn't realize there were 3 districts in the area having elections. In Platte Canyon, one guy has an incredible background. Looks like he could stand up to the current insiders, too. :D

Check out the fire candidates and click on Bennet. http://parkbull.com/politics/2010/candidatesFIRE10.html

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:47 pm

I am just curious.
Are the other incumbent candidates unaware that they can contact Parkbull for a free web page or are they just so sure they will win that they think it is unnecessary. Sure hope it is not the latter. :shrug:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:37 pm

ps...Here is my web page :D

http://parkbull.com/politics/2010/vanho ... a2010.html

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Maybe you and Lora and Paul should get to gether and organize a meet the candidates night since the other one gto cancled. If you guys dont campaing hard, Davis will make all of his fire goobers vote his way and youll get out voted. You have to get at least several hundred people to come and vote for you. Davis will fight dirty to win. You gotta fight harder and cleaner. Youve got our votes but were only two people.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 am

It is so sad to read how people feel about our fire department these days. How did they go from being our unsung heroes to the most mistrusted folks in the county. (right behind our county government, that is)
My hope if elected is to try and rebuild the trust that people have lost in our fire department. There are great men and women volunteering and putting their lives at risk for us each day and they do not deserve to be viewed in this light any longer. Hopefully, they will stand up and do the right thing.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:50 am

By the way....Setting up our own meet the candidates is a great idea.
We should include all candidates though.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:51 am

All of those pages are good. Right to the point and some good experience to help the board. I don't think the guys who are there now are exactly money managers. It's obvious from what they said to get their tax increase that they either don't know what's going on or don't want us to know. They just want to glorify themselves. We need some citizens to watch out for the taxpayers for a change. (That's ME! The Tired Taxpayer!) I'm sending links out to people. Please do the same, readers. Nothing will ever change if we don't work at it one voter at a time.

Did you see the letter to the commissioners about putting up more information on the website to let the public know what's going on? Somebody needs to send the same letter to the fire department in PC. They are the richest in the county and do the least for their community with public notices. It just looks like arrogance.

Get the word out! Less than a month away!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:10 am

All due respect, these guys aren't going to get elected. You can't spend 2 minutes in over a month just sticking a page up and putting a couple of posts in here and expect to win. It's been a month and a half and nobody is campaigning. That means the current guys stay in. These people don't want it that bad. So they get us stirred up for nothing. Really frustrating.

Just another bunch of big talking do nothings. They can't get organized enough to campaign, how can they get organized enough to work on an important board? Too little too late.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:28 am

Beanie...Were you at the candidate event this past Saturday?
I was.
I am pretty sure that all of us are talking to people every chance we get. I work in this community and talk to people each and every day.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am talking to neighbors, customers, strangers at the store, co workers and anyone else who will listen.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Beanie wrote:
All due respect, these guys aren't going to get elected. You can't spend 2 minutes in over a month just sticking a page up and putting a couple of posts in here and expect to win. It's been a month and a half and nobody is campaigning. That means the current guys stay in. These people don't want it that bad. So they get us stirred up for nothing. Really frustrating.

Just another bunch of big talking do nothings. They can't get organized enough to campaign, how can they get organized enough to work on an important board? Too little too late.

Beanie:

Some of us who have busted our asses for years and years are pretty frustrated over the fact that voters don't give a hoot about turning out to vote. Why should you expect a very small number of people to lead the charge when others are just staring off in space. I would respectfully suggest that it is far more important at this stage to get voters out than pick on the people who continue to stick their necks out and try to make a difference.

Sorry if I've lost your vote. But I find this situation highly frustrating and just had to say something. The problem is NOT the candidates.

Lora

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Lora...Thank you. You said exactly what I was thinking.
Nothing will change if folks don't go out and vote.

With all due respect....your vote is much louder than your voice here.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 pm

BANDBVH wrote:
Beanie...Were you at the candidate event this past Saturday?
I was.
I am pretty sure that all of us are talking to people every chance we get. I work in this community and talk to people each and every day.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am talking to neighbors, customers, strangers at the store, co workers and anyone else who will listen.

Pretty interesting how somebody brags about going to one meeting. I go to every one I can when I'm not working. So how many total have you been to in the past couple of years? Just the one? I sure haven't seen you around at all the ones I go to.
You can't just leave it to voters to know about you if you're not making an attempt to reach out to them. If you don't put the effort into it, why will voters think you will do anything once you're in the seat?

All I'm saying is, if it isn't a priority for you guys, it isn't going to be a priority for the voters because they won't even know who you are. The kind of answers you gave aren't going to get you votes, they're going to run people off. You can't take a question or someone challenging you without being cranky and insulting somebody you don't even know? I might be one of the most active people in the area, for all you know. Not a hot idea to just assume you're talking to somebody who doesn't do anything when it seems to be you guys who don't do much.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Beannie, pull your head out of the sand. Ive seen and heard from the candicates all over the place.

Im talking to everyone i run itno about this and trying to get them to vote for Lora nobody adn Paul. What are you doing to make a difference there Beanie (besides whining)?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:35 am

Beanie, I am not trying to brag. I am just saying that we are all doing the best we can. I am pretty involved in my local politics.
I try to be as informed as I can. I have great resources and listen to and watch what is going on around me. I use my vote to make a change. I have even decided to run for an office to try and make changes around me.
Every candidate running for the fire board, including the incumbents works a full time job and then some.
You can keep complaining about the situation here or you can help to change it.
Your choice!
What is that saying?,
"You are either part of the problem or you can be part of the solution."
It is obvious to me that given the background of all of the candidates that are challenging the status quo, that all are very active and engaged in the community.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:50 am

Personally, I would hate to think that the only criterion a voter uses to cast his or her vote is whether or not the voter "sees" candidates at meetings. To me, this thinking is akin to saying that a person is productive at work if they are there for 8 hours a day. Well, the person may be sitting in their chair, but are they are truly being productive for that 8 hours?

I have attended more meetings than I can count over the past few years, and one thing always shines through for me: many of these meetings are ill-attended by the general public. A case in point is the last meeting the fire district held for its ballot measure for ambulance. I was one of the very (and I do mean, VERY) few people how bothered to show up for what was an extremely important meeting...at least in my mind. I was so disgusted by the attendance level that I left after the first 20 minutes because no one came. It was a night when the church was, indeed, preaching to the choir.

I would also like to offer a comment about Julius Caesar and his battle of tactic of choice: divide and conquer. When you get people fighting among themselves, you know without a doubt about the certainty of the outcome. The status quo will prevail.

I continue to take every opportunity to network with people and encourage them to: 1) Vote on May 4; and 2) Vote for three candidates who can change the complexion and tone of the board of directors at the district. If we don't get the voter numbers up, nothing will change.

Lora

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:16 am

LoonyBoony wrote:
Beannie, pull your head out of the sand. Ive seen and heard from the candicates all over the place.

Im talking to everyone i run itno about this and trying to get them to vote for Lora nobody adn Paul. What are you doing to make a difference there Beanie (besides whining)?

Loony, I'm heavily involved in the community and these candidates never go anywhere except the one who shows up to sell things everywhere. Full time jobs? Not from what I see of where they spend (or don't spend) their time. It's a joke that you see them all over the place. Or something not very funny at all.

You sound like that guy who ran for commissioner in 2008. Whenever he knew he was wrong he deflected by launching personal attacks. That's how you guys all sound right now. That means you know I'm right.

Whining? You guys are the ones whining. I'm criticizing people running (or crawling) for public office. We lowly citizens have a right to do that, you know. Did you not hear that calling people names on here isn't in keeping with the rules? It's too bad. I really hoped there would be a change but you guys aren't taking this seriously, unless some of you think hiding out is a serious campaign strategy. With only 3 weeks left, you're getting nowhere fast. You maybe talked to 6 people? The rest have no idea who you are.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next