It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
New website takes more news than they write 

Post New website takes more news than they write
Hey Parkbull, a new website has decided it can't do any work for itself so they have a weird person copying and pasting your copyrighted news content onto their own crazy forum. The person knows absolutely nothing about the county, obviously, but only knows how to take somebody else's hard work and then misunderstand it.

Just thought you should know. Must be an incompetent gang that can't do any work for themselves. Not only are they going to get sued for defamation, but now they prove they will steal, too. No wonder they've been banned here. :shrug:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 am

Post Re: New website takes more news than they write
They are just like Pinecam then? They can't stand the idea of having a link back to the EVIL PARK BULL >:) >:) >:)

They're ok with stealing the work but not giving out the link so the ones who do the work get the hit. Do they steal from the Flume, too, or just the place with all of the government exposure information?

I've seen so many mistakes over there that I'm worried the election results will be very delayed on August 10. You've got somebody over there who doesn't know anything about elections or how the county runs emphatically giving people wrong information and advice. It's gonna be a mess for those people who listen to the advice. :sadly:

It's a great example of why responsible forums are moderated. Maybe the community needed to see that. The other forums are vindicated.

Thanks Parkbull for all the hard work you do. =D>

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:24 am

Unfortunately, it's all of those Mike Graves committee supporters again, I think. :( They're doing so much damage.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:35 am

What have they stolen and where is it posted?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 am

That would be the problem, wouldn't it. You don't see that they are copying and quoting news headlines and stories from the Parkbull because they don't tell you. For us regular readers, we recognize them instantly. They just copy the content and paste it over there. I'm not going to put up links to material they took when they won't send people to the original source to read it. I have the copies, though in case parkbull needs it to contact them with copyright complaints. Not that it would do any good with that group.

You really can't see where they are copying news items and pasting them in the forum? It's obvious that it's stuff they've taken and copied and not written. It isn't surprising considering some of the people supervising over there.

What's funny is one of the posters was accusing other people of plagiarism not too long ago just for agreeing with somebody else's ideas. You can add that to the list of words they appear not to understand. I'm so glad those people aren't here any more. What a mess.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:56 am

Right, MM. I spotted them right away, too. They were big deals, items about the government that only Parkbull bothered to cover. But they wouldn't understand doing your own work - just complaining about what everyone else does or doesn't do. It's crazy. People are having good laughs at their expense, though. I guess it can be good entertainment. JMNTBHO

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 am

No kidding, guys. Copying the whole thing without so much as a link to the original source is just plain rude. News collections don't do that, even.

No respect. No manners. :( No me going over there again. It's full of misinformation anyway so maybe it's better that PB isn't linked there. :))

They fit right in with our county government. Is that who runs it?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:12 am
Alert A+

Hey, friends. I really appreciate your sharp eye and loyalty. Don't worry too much, though, OK? It's an interesting contrast to them saying last week that ParkBull was bought off to not criticize the government. You have to appreciate the irony. :D

(We still have that convenient PayPal account if anybody wants to send "donations" to influence our coverage of anything. Anyone? ;) ) Disclaimer: it won't do any good.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Alert A+

Hey, guys, maybe I spoke too soon. Got an ugly email from a mod over there (you'll know who I mean - she picked fights constantly here and on Pinecam and got banned a lot like some of their other names) and she took offense to your posts here. I think maybe you're not supposed to object to work taken by such a valuable site that turned on a camera to bring the videos to the public. Apparently, that's worth more to them than any actual work done here over the years.

They want to say that we are the silly ones who are worthless and it's oh so sad we've gone downhill so much *sniff* and don't do anything any more. Again with the irony. The work done by you folks and this site gave them the material to launch most of their arguments. The new copycats take your work and then try to tell you you're worthless. :shrug:

I want to tell you all how much I appreciate that, in all these years of tireless attention to the issues, you brought us tips, documents, voter fraud reports, candidate information, and got those original credit card bills from Monica published for the use of the public months ago. They certainly are finding those helpful as well. (But you get no credit, of course.) Keep up the good work.

Ironically (again), they have taken the side of the government and party insiders in trying to discredit the Bulletin which has tackled and challenged the county for years. But it's blind anger there, sometimes. You have a few people who would get in a fight in an empty elevator. They have given the "powers that be" exactly what they wanted by picking up the rumors that our detractors have spread. No proof. Not thinkin'.

Just thought you should hear you hit a nerve. Still, don't worry. Most people know. News is not made by uninformed people engaging in histrionics, false assumptions, blind attacks, and miscommunication. It's hard work, foundation, research, verification, and organization.

p.s. I've blocked her email (and aliases) because once she gets going, it never ends. Don't expect a followup. :)

Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:55 am
Profile WWW

It seemed inevitable they would head for trouble. Too bad for the community. Over at pinecam, I tried to get people to read the good sourced information that was published here. Some objected, of course. It's odd they can't recognize a good source when they see it and, instead, try to destroy that which they use so often. Sawing off the limb. I think someone was right in the other discussion, saying that the loudest are so consumed with hate that they will kill any chance they have, and wipe out some of their best support.

I want to thank everybody here, too. I didn't realize so much had been made available because of the group. A lot of good, solid information has been sponsored by the members and this website over the years.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:24 pm
Alert A+

Thanks, jethroB. And a belated Welcome Aboard. :wavey:

Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:57 pm
Profile WWW

Are those guys going to be on the citizens group if Mike wins? That's a troubling thought.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:37 pm

roadrunner wrote:
Are those guys going to be on the citizens group if Mike wins? That's a troubling thought.

That's a question only Mike can answer. You can bet it's on his mind.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:18 am

Oh hey. I had some dealing with one of those "ladies" over there. I thought she was going to harrass me for life. I think she's a control freak with some problems. Constant hammering, attacks, lies about me, nasty communications - it was like it would never end. She'd call other people and make things up. Day after day, sometimes multiple contacts in a day to me or others around me. But then she got really mad at somebody else and lost interest in me, I guess. Others say they have had similar experiences. Best bet is not to get involved with her in the first place. It's a good thing you blocked your email, if that's the same person. I don't know who your heard from. They get really to the point of harrassment and she won't give up even when there is nothing more to fight about. I hope it's not the same person that you're hearing from. But that's our experience FWIW.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:33 pm
Alert A+

Thanks, opine. That will probably be a valuable warning to someone. I don't know if it's the same person, but I guess it's possible. People might be careful to understand that the type of behavior you recount can turn on anyone who currently thinks it's funny because they are part of the gang. For now. It can turn, as it has before. People who will make up stories about "friends" or lie to people they call "friends", should not be a surprise when they do it even worse to the "ex-friends".

Time to close this thread down and get back to the important election issues. That should be our focus this year, right?

Moving along...

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]