It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:22 am

We knew it would happen 

Post Re: We knew it would happen
ihavealtitude wrote:

Disclaimer: I am not a deputy and I don't work for the county

With that wish list, you probably didn't need the disclaimer. I suppose you're going to claim you're not "parkbull" either. /:) You know you'll be accused of being all of those since you're not supporting the write-in phantom.

I have to say, I pretty much agree with your list. I would just add that anybody running unopposed doesn't need the gratuitous vote. It just goes to their head.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:12 pm

This is a good change of pace. I wish I could vote in the Sheriff's race, but there isn't a sane alternative. If you ask questions of the phantom, you get your head (or other body parts) handed to you. Why do they think that's better than we have now? Short answer, it may be worse.

I would vote for Anissa Price for Coroner to keep the snot-nosed kid out of public office. His daddy, head of R&B, should be fired for costing us $10,000 a day for two years in fines. Eisenman should be canned for pretending he never goes anywhere that there's a problem he should address. It could be coming, but won't hit until after the election. Too bad.

I'm voting for Ken Buck because Bennet has cost us a fortune, too. Typical liberals. I'll vote against the Sheriff by not voting. That's the best I can do.

Most Important - get a new commissioner in there. Monica Jones will shake things up.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:43 am

I agree on Jones. I haven't figured out what I'll do with the Sheriff vote. We could write in anybody now that there's a line. That could be fun. :D Who should we write in? SkyHigh?

Buck is not such a great guy, in my opinion, but definitely better than Bennet. And I guess I am voting for Tancredo. If Maes doesn't drop out, he should be permanently banned from Colorado politics. He will never again get any support. He's working for Hickenpooper.

The smart vote is for prohibition and against the tax so we keep these commissioners from burning through even more money covering their a$$es. They won't spend it on protecting the county.

The lies about the TABOR issues are disgusting. They can still raise taxes and use debt if it passes. They just have to ask first. That's what they don't like.

SkyHigh for Sheriff!!

Not all change is for the better. We've had some real duds run for office in the past. But SkyHigh will clean it up. \:D/

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 pm

As to the original topic, it's a feather in your cap to be attacked by certain dregs of society. Serial liars have an opposite effect, eventually.

Skyhigh for sheriff? I guess it couldn't be worse than it is. No offense, SkyHigh, but I really don't want to vote for anybody I know nothing about. That includes the guy who came out of the woodwork after spreading false stories about a pregnant student and now wants to be written in to run law enforcement. I thought Graves was a pretty good choice, but he got wrapped up in that whole storytelling diversion and backed the crazy serial liars. He's never been man enough to apologize for the damage he helped do. The others won't either. They just make more excuses and blame everybody else for their failings. They should write fiction. Oh, wait....

I also won't vote for republicans because the ones here aren't really republicans anyway.

Ok, I give up. SkyHigh for Sheriff. Or Pogo for Sheriff. Or the Aflack duck. I'm leaning towards the duck. At least he comes with benefits.

Thanks for all the news on the judges. That's what really brought me back. This was the first place in the county to draw attention to it and to bring out the actual links to the reviews. Good job.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:24 pm
Profile ICQ

You came back because of judges?? Wow. Well, I guess we should be paying attention to that. I came here because it was getting so much heat I had to see what it was about. I remember when this site used to look like it was pro-government and got all the county news. Now it seems to be more watchdog and a lot of people seem not to like that, including the county. So it must be worthwhile. The information is much better now. Nobody looks like they are protected in politics. That makes it valuable. You're always going to get hit when you tackle all subjects and don't coddle people.

I did go look at the judges, since the info was made so handy. Normally I wouldn't even vote on judges. Now I can.

But it was really the scandalous creaming you guys were getting from county and pro-government people and a couple of websites that made me curious. ;) So here I am. I like it.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Somebody said my post was harsh. I went back and re-read it. I don't want to be like some other people and just throw broad unfounded accusations around. So let me clarify what I was saying. Everybody who supported Mike Graves is not a serial liar. I was a supporter for a while. Everybody who criticizes other people is not a serial liar. I do that too. The fact is there are a few who are well-known to lie about other people when they get in a pissy mood and some of my friends have been the victims of them doing that in the past. Most people in the community know who they are. The rest will learn.

So for the broad segment of society who might have felt I was insulting them - I only mean you if you fit the bill. :p

Welcome aboard, shrug. I was brought back here partly because of the slams against the posters here, too. But I decided to post on the political stuff because of the coverage of the judges. I think the people here make good points. The whole stars thing had me ROFL.

What does everybody think about the marijuana prohibition and 4% tax. That's going to total up to 7.9% tax if they add that much on! Holy :cow: !!

Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:43 pm
Profile ICQ

I am voting no on the tax on MMJ. There is no cap on how much $$ can be collected ever except for the first year, and the wording allows for the monies collected to be used for other county stuff, not just MMJ enforcement and paperwork. It's just another way for the county to get money to spend frivolously. Yes, there are folks whose MMJ use is fraudulent, but those for whom it truly is medicine shouldn't be paying tax, the same as mainstream meds are not taxed.

I used MMJ when I was going thru radiation and it was the only thing that helped the nausea. Those that can benefit from MMJ shouldn't be punished with a 7.9% tax.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Windchime, thanks for talking about that. It gives me a new perspective. I wondered why MMJ would be taxed when all other medicines aren't. I guess there's no good reason except they are doing it for the money. It shouldn't take any more administrative costs to license MMJ than any other business. They really just don't seem to like business in this county.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:04 am

Here's the quote from the Blue Book on Ref. B that disturbs me:
"With revenue to be used for additional costs incurred for adequate enforcement and administration of medical marijuana regulations and other general purposes of the county. (bold is mine, as the county wouldn't have the nerve to make that more noticeable).

They also de-Bruce it in the continuation of that sentence. "And shall all revenues derived from such medical marijuana tax be collected and spent as a voter approved revenue change, notwithstanding any revenue or expenditure limitations contained in Article X, Section 20, of the Colorado constitution." I particularly enjoy "collected and spent" -- ParkCo is really good at the "spent" part.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:58 am

I just got a mental image of Tighe drooling over the unrestricted de-Bruced income . . . .

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:03 am

Windchime wrote:
I just got a mental image of Tighe drooling over the unrestricted de-Bruced income . . . .

ugh. Right at lunchtime, I had to read this.

Absolutely right on the motives for the tax collection. They don't need extra tax for this purpose - they just want more in their slush fund. Or is that their food fund?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:14 am

Hey, did everyone hear that B-ecky left home and went back to Texas? Is that true? She won't be running for fire board next year?

Also, I read that the new website was sold already and is going through some drastic changes. Maybe the two things are related somehow? It could be the new website owner will clean the place up.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:14 am

Sky, shouldn't there be a lot of ***** in your post?

I don't know if the place will get all that clean. The ****** is still posting, I heard. The Femme Fiction Fatale has a new name on PC, too, I heard. Still lashing out insanely and causing trouble anywhere she goes - that new one is. But, what would we do for entertainment otherwise? Have sane debates about real information? How dreary. [-(

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:55 am

MountainMom wrote:
Sky, shouldn't there be a lot of ***** in your post?

I don't know if the place will get all that clean. The ****** is still posting, I heard. The Femme Fiction Fatale has a new name on PC, too, I heard. Still lashing out insanely and causing trouble anywhere she goes - that new one is. But, what would we do for entertainment otherwise? Have sane debates about real information? How dreary. [-(

:roflol2: I don't know if I have enough time for all of the drama. Sane debates sound fine to me. Working and having a life keep me from following too much of it. I read PC sometimes, but always leave any thread where a pain in the butt seems to keep interrupting. That probably means I missed the new one. :shrug:

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:59 am
Alert A+

Did you two wake up bored this morning? Careful with the speculation - don't get carried away. You know where that takes you. ;)

Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:41 pm
Profile WWW

ParkBull wrote:
Did you two wake up bored this morning? Careful with the speculation - don't get carried away. You know where that takes you. ;)

Yes. We end up being the ones we're complaining about. :D

You can't believe half the stuff anyway. Rumors and fantasies spread like crazy, especially with somebody trying to dance out on things. Look how many things they made up or got wrong about us. Hysteria makes people do strange things. Someone might leave, or might want it to look like they did if there's trouble. I'd like to hide sometimes. Who knows? Not me. I hope the new people do well. I know there's still some obsession. Hopefully it will be outgrown if we and the other place ignore it.

Happy Spring All! What a nice day, once the wind stopped! (o)

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:04 pm