It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:42 pm

Think SNOW! 
Alert A+

Post Think SNOW!
The Boulder Fourmile Canyon fire is the most devastating we've seen in years. When we all pull together with thoughts and prayers, we can only do good. Nothing bad can come of wishing safety for the residents and emergency people caught up in that conflagration.

..............THINK SNOW..............

If some store owners still have a Rain Stick like Mike and Cheryl used to have, go shake it. If not, maybe they could get one. If we think BIG - by thinking SNOW for the Boulder area - maybe we'll get some kind of precipitation and cool temperatures to take stress off those working to fight the fire.

You can do it, readers. I know you can. Send your prayers. [-o<

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Alert A+

Post Re: Think SNOW!
Here's something to get you in the right frame of mind.

.................for Boulder!!

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile WWW

I'm thinking very hard about precip for the fire zone. I'd like to request that you leave Park County out of the call for snow just for a little bit longer, though. <):) Those poor folks up there going through hell. God bless them. For Boulder and the firefighters Think Snow!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:29 am

I hear that Cowboy1! No snow here yet. Want pretty golden leaves at least for a little while. But definitely snow, rain, whatever they can get in Boulder. Last I heard, there were 92 structures lost. What a tragedy.

[-o< are with them.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:35 am
Alert A+

Authorities say large animals that have been displaced can be brought to the Boulder County Fairgrounds in Longmont, while small pets can be temporarily housed at the Longmont and Boulder Valley Humane Societies. They could all use help with feed for these all-important family members.

Boulder Daily Camera Help Page

How to get Help, How to Help

Thanks!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:54 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for that link! My friend was just asking how to find a way to help out. We're sending money for feeding pets.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 am

Good idea, opine. I'm heading over to do the same. Thanks! It seems better to be able to do something, even if it's small.

Still THINKING SNOW!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:00 am

It's sickening to watch that coverage of that fire. It reminds me so much of the Snaking and Hayman. I can't stop watching it, but it hurts. Physically hurts. I haven't stopped praying since it started. Now I'll be praying for a heavy snow for them that will suffocate the fire and melt slowly to saturate the area. I don't know what else to do. And of course I'll donate to the emergency shelters for little furry friends. Thanks for the helpful links

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:05 am

This really does bring back some B A D memories. I'm thinking SNOW as hard as I can but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe there are too many naysayers out there. Somebody is not with the program!!! And thanks for that link to all of the helping opportunities. I've sent it out to several people and contributed myself.

Those poor people. We're getting some supplies together to take up. Our neighbors are helping out, too. We can't forget how bad it was when we went through this. At least I can't. Thanks everybody for caring.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:03 am
Alert A+

Benefit Concert:

On Saturday, September 18, Yonder Mountain String Band guitarist Adam Aijala and bassist Ben Kaufmann will perform a duo show in Lyons, CO. The gig will take place at Planet Bluegrass Ranch’s Wildflower Pavilion and will celebrate the Autumnal Equinox. However, the show also will now serve as a fundraiser as well. Yesterday, Kaufmann explained via Twitter, “Adam and I are now making our show at the Wildflower Pavilion on Sept. 18th a benefit concert to help those affected by the 4-Mile fire.” More than 170 homes in the Rocky Mountains foothills have been destroyed as a result of the fires, with the area still on alert.

http://shop.bluegrass.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=730

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Alert A+

Residents set to return to homes evacuated during wildfire
By Tom McGhee
The Denver Post
Posted: 09/12/2010 09:15:59 AM MDT
Updated: 09/12/2010 09:16:10 AM MDT

Boulder County residents forced to flee a week-long wildfire that consumed about 6,400 acres will start returning homes today.

The fire is 73 percent contained and no additional acres or structures have been burned, according to Terry Krasco, a spokesman for the fire incident management team.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16057207

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Alert A+

Tax returns available by request

The Colorado Department of Revenue understands some taxpayers who have been directly affected by the recent fires in our state will need to request photocopies of tax returns that have been lost or destroyed or will not be able to meet Colorado filing and payment deadlines.

Taxpayers who need to get copies of Colorado tax forms (including electronically filed returns) must use the “Request for Copies of Tax Returns"(DR 5714).

In an effort to avoid identity fraud, the department requires taxpayers to get the DR 5714 form notarized. Notarization confirms and verifies the person’s identity. The notarized form must be mailed to the department. Requests for copies by fax are not accepted. For more details, see the instructions on the DR 5714 form.

Taxpayers who cannot meet tax obligations as a result of the fires should contact the Colorado Department of Revenue through Colorado Tax Assistance Online or by phone, 303-238-7378, and their situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Cases will be routed to the appropriate office within the department.

Office of Public Information and Education

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 am
Profile WWW