It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:26 pm

THINK SNOW AGAIN!! Loveland fire 
Alert A+

Post THINK SNOW AGAIN!! Loveland fire
Let's face it, we could use a little precip all over the state, so think and pray away.

To help people in the Loveland area affected by fire, please visit:

From the Coloradoan, Area Relief Agencies Work to Help Residents

The Larimer Humane Society is available to help with evacuee animals. Call (970) 226-3647. They are located at 6317 Kyle Ave., Fort Collins. The Longmont Humane Society is helping to take pets of the evacuees at 9595 Nelson Road. The Red Cross is also gathering a list of pet-friendly locations where evacuees can take their pets.

Residents needing shelter for large animals can call Loveland Police dispatch at (970) 667-2151.

For other ways to help, please contact the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army. Thanks, neighbors!

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:15 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: THINK SNOW AGAIN!! Loveland fire
I know that the weather gurus say sunny and dry all week. But I'm here to tell you, there's something in the air. Maybe I'm all off, but something may be coming. You're right -- we need moisture all over to stop this busy bad end to fire season.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:26 am

I was wishing you were right, Cowboy, but it looks like moisture is a long way off. It helps that the temperatures have cooled down a bit since these fires started. I guess we can be thankful for that. They need prayers renewed today as the winds kick up again across the foothills.

Good luck everybody. And please be careful! We don't have a fire ban in Park Co yet, but it may not be far off.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am
Alert A+

Well, Sky, shortly after you posted that, Park County announced a fire ban. It begins in the morning.

Park County will be in a Stage I Fire Ban effective 9:00 am Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Alert A+

Tax returns available by request

The Colorado Department of Revenue understands some taxpayers who have been directly affected by the recent fires in our state will need to request photocopies of tax returns that have been lost or destroyed or will not be able to meet Colorado filing and payment deadlines.

Taxpayers who need to get copies of Colorado tax forms (including electronically filed returns) must use the “Request for Copies of Tax Returns"(DR 5714).

In an effort to avoid identity fraud, the department requires taxpayers to get the DR 5714 form notarized. Notarization confirms and verifies the person’s identity. The notarized form must be mailed to the department. Requests for copies by fax are not accepted. For more details, see the instructions on the DR 5714 form.

Taxpayers who cannot meet tax obligations as a result of the fires should contact the Colorado Department of Revenue through Colorado Tax Assistance Online or by phone, 303-238-7378, and their situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Cases will be routed to the appropriate office within the department.

Office of Public Information and Education

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47 am
Profile WWW