It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:02 am

Turning off 9 News for extreme bias, false reporting 

Post Turning off 9 News for extreme bias, false reporting
I had heard that NBC was horribly biased, but I thought it didn't affect my favorite local 9News. As of this morning, I see that's wrong. I am no Sarah Palin fan, but their spun fake news reporting this morning is appalling and they should apologize and run a retraction with humble apology followed by a real news story.

They said that it was Palin who "fanned the flames of controversy" surrounding the Tucson shooting. Have they had their head under a rock? Or elsewhere in the dark? Palin said nothing until she was accused, within hours of the shooting, of having caused it. That lie was spread before anyone had any information. Are any of us not allowed to defend ourselves against false accusations that the media spreads without conscience? The term "blood libel" she used was defended by none other than Alan Dershowitz. 9News writers apparently don't read anything. It means being falsely accused of having blood on your hands. Seems to fit. It's certainly not anti-semitic, as 9News said this morning.

They reported that Palin gave no examples (in one interview last night) of Democrats using target maps. Again - have you been living under a rock? Ever since the accusation came out that Palin had a crosshairs map, the bullseye map used by Democrats has been in the news. You can see it here, as if they didn't know.
http://marbury.typepad.com/marbury/2011 ... e-map.html

I can't believe for a minute that they don't know this information and yet they reported it in the worst manner to damage an innocent victim of false accusations and death threats. They owe their audience and, especially, Palin a public apology that reaches the same people, loud and clear, that they reached with the disgusting false spin reporting. It is the same as a lie.

I will spread the word across the internet about what they did this morning and encourage people to never turn on 9News again because they will be misinformed in a grotesque, biased manner. Too bad. It really was my favorite. But I don't want my news channel constructively lying to me due to petty political biases. They are the ones fanning the flames.

I hope they fire the person who wrote that story and the news reader too stupid to know it's false.

Feel free to take this info to other local outlets to let people know that NBC has now gone in the idiot toilet locally as well as nationally. Write comments@9news.com if you think they need to be reminded of what news reporting means.

Channel 2 has a long newscast in the morning. We'll see how they do. :(

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:49 am

Post Re: Turning off 9 News for extreme bias, false reporting
There is true information readily available on the subject and any news outlet reporting the way you say 9News did has to be deliberately misinforming people.

I tried Channel 2. Good weather and traffic reporting in the morning. That's all I look for anyway.

Thanks for the heads up, NJ.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 am
Profile ICQ