It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:26 pm

Did anyone go to IMHS board meeting 

Post Did anyone go to IMHS board meeting
My kitty has been sick since New Year's Eve day, so I wasn't able to attend the board meeting this past Thursday (at the vet when the meeting began). Did anyone attend, and if so what happened?

Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Post Re: Did anyone go to IMHS board meeting
I'm so sorry to hear about your sick kitty. I hope he or she is feeling better now. What's going on with the poor little thing?

I don't usually go to any IMHS meetings. I read about the tragedy of losing all of their cats to ringworm? That's very sad. Is that what the meeting was supposed to be about? You probably can't call until Monday to find out, right? Sorry but I don't know. :( I don't think I'd want to be in their building if I had kitties at home.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 am

MM, What I had heard is that the board was going talk about the ringworm issue and I guess take questions from the public. Like you, I'm just sick at heart with the approach taken. The situation utterly undermined any confidence I had in IMHS.

As for my little ball of fuzz, she is getting better. She isn't a youngster anymore. Quite a lot of testing was done to rule things out, which does ease my mind. It's good to know she doesn't have cancer or diabetes, etc. The last test was an ultrasound. It's amazing what diagnostic tools are available today for our critters.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:32 am

I read about the problem but didn't follow it closely. It was too sad. I don't know if they would have done that if they had an option, would they? Was there another way to deal with it? I think the Flume was following it so maybe there will be an article next week.

It is amazing how much is available to keep our pets alive and healthy. They are so much a part of the family. I hope you get an answer soon. Does the ultrasound show any mice running around in there? :p

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:53 am

MM, no little miceys detected with the ultrasound. Today has been a slight, though nice and greatly appreciated, return to normalcy at Casa Gatos Loca.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 pm

That's good that things are calming down with your feline friend. I hope you don't say the Gatos Loca thing out loud in front of you-know-who. She might be offended! :))

Tell her Get Well Soon! We don't seem to have any flowers. Would she like a toy to play with? :smilebox:

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 pm

I could charge admission to the "let's give our babe a pill show." It's good I only have to give her the meds every other day. She isn't the kind of cat that you can just surprise with subtle pressure to release the lower jaw. She gets into loca cat mode and then it's a battle of wits. This morning, I made the mistake of trying to give her the pill and not put my girl into her cat carrier first. That set off a chain reaction that involved her hiding under the bed, me shutting the bedroom door after putting my other kitty in the livingroom, me trying to gently coax her out from under the bed with a broom handle, THEN putting her in her cat carrier, THEN trying to prevail in that battle of wits. Here's what's funny: after this gladiatorial sideshow is over and the pill has been successfully administered (MM, stop snickering!), then it's off to the kitchen to give my girl a treat which she accepts very willingly. She's all purrs and willing to let me pet her as if nothing happened.

As the song goes, the things we do for love...

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Snickering?? :roflol2: That's a great movie script! It sounds even more fun to have two cats to corral. They really should make all pills for cats edible. I wonder if they'd turn up their nose at a tuna-flavored pill? Sometimes maybe it's our own tension when we anticipate a battle. Thanks for the great story. :) I hope the medicine works.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 am

I know they do make flavored cat pills and meds, but my gato is such a snob she'd probably give them 4 claws down!

I have added something new to my resume: "Experienced Cat Wrangler. Have already had nervous breakdown and am stronger for it. All fingers currently intact."

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:55 pm

This is not to be confused with the "Barrel of Monkeys Administrator" entry just below "Experienced Cat Wrangler."

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Everybody has wanted to be able to herd cats. Now you can write a book on the subject. ;)

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:55 am

SoLA, maybe you should start a 'Tude Ranch.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:59 am

MM, how utterly purrfect. Yesterday I bought a squirt gun to commence a little behavioral correction with my other kitty. The stalking and staring has been going on for a month now, and it's time for it to end. Izzi couldn't quite figure out what occurred the first time she got a squirt on her hind leg. She just stopped in her tracks, and you could see the puzzlement on her face. Now if I could only get Cali to stop growling.

Take2, I plan to write about my misadventures on my blog. I'll post a link for everyone interested in reading more about the craziness.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:20 am

You can read everything you wanted to know about Cat Wrangling and more here:

http://intuitiveobviosities.blogspot.com/2011/02/art-of-cat-wrangling.html

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:15 pm

You found a way to make the best of a bad situation. Writing is a good outlet. It is a funny story if you're not in the meltdown phase. Thanks for the link. :) Best to the whole girl gang.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:11 pm
Alert A+

I've enjoyed the whole story, too. Sorry for the glee at your expense, SoLA, but thanks for letting us in on the drama and humor of it all. ;)

Please keep us informed.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:13 pm
Profile WWW