It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Daylight Savings 2011 
Alert A+

Post Daylight Savings 2011
I hear that a legislator is trying to pass a bill to keep us on daylight savings year round. No changing of clocks. Another legislator is trying to keep us on standard time year round. I suppose the compromise will be to stay where we are and the debate will be for nothing.

For 2011, we Spring Forward on Sunday, March 13. When you go to bed the Saturday night before, push your clocks ahead one hour. If it's 11:00 p.m., push it to midnight.

Then you're set until November 6, at which time we'll go through this madness in reverse.

Seriously - I just wish they would pick one. Either one.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Daylight Savings 2011
It is truly madness, and I think most of us see that. I recall that when the decision was made several years ago to extend daylight savings time by several months to its current configuration, calendar companies uttered their own hue and cry because their dates would be off. That got settled, and we shifted to our current status.

With so little time left in "standard" time, it seems obvious the move -- if there is one -- is probably toward permanent daylight savings time. But I wonder: has anyone considered what time may be best for aliens to land their spacecraft on the Nazca lines?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 am

Would it depend on which way the aliens are parked?

I vote for daylight savings all year. But make the whole country the same, whatever it is. Right now we have a couple of states that are out of the loop in changing clocks and we don't fit in with the rest of the world. This is idiotic. However they do it, get coordinated.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:40 am

I believe Archie Bunker would have called it a Commie Pinko Plot. :D

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:36 am

Somebody probably made money from it. To stay up with the rest of the country and the world, we would have to stay on the old standard time. That's what we are on over the winter. There's no reason that should be a problem. The sun rose and set without us changing our clocks for a long time before the government started trying to control it. Maybe Colorado will vote to go back to that.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 pm

It was more surprise to wake up to snow this morning than an hour later in time. What's up with this?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:30 am