It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:55 am

Obama screws up toast to Queen 

Post Obama screws up toast to Queen
The president really messed up a toast to Queen Elizabeth by continuing to ramble on talking during the orchestra's playing of the British national anthem, God Save the Queen. Standing at attention, the Queen and the rest in attendance ignored his toast until the anthem ended, embarrassed for the Pres who made a terrible face before putting his glass down.

http://youtu.be/pNRXGRFJdDY

Wed May 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Post Re: Obama screws up toast to Queen
He didn't drink the toast, either.

Wed May 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Queen E didn't drink hers either. I wonder if Camilla went around and emptied all the glasses later. :roflol2:

Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Bam is two for two in pissing off our closest allies this week. Doesn't he listen to protocol?

Wed May 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Give him a break. It's a big, complicated world out there.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:08 pm

You're right he needs a break. Let's give him the next 4 years off. :D I would say he could take the next year and a half of unused vacation, but he's always on vacation or on the golf course. You know, if Bush had done what he did at the Queen's banquet, all of the networks would be looping it for a week at least.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Curious about the numbers, I went looking for some statistics. This is from March 5, almost 3 months ago:

"This is the president’s 60th time golfing as president, meaning Obama has spent two months of his presidency on the golf course.

The rounds usually take about five hours, including motorcading back an forth to the course."

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/03/05/golf-2/

I don't think he works long days, so two months may be conservative. This doesn't include the basketball court time. He needs to go so we can get somebody who knows how to work for a living.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Beanie wrote:
Curious about the numbers, I went looking for some statistics. This is from March 5, almost 3 months ago:

"This is the president’s 60th time golfing as president, meaning Obama has spent two months of his presidency on the golf course.

The rounds usually take about five hours, including motorcading back an forth to the course."

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/03/05/golf-2/

I don't think he works long days, so two months may be conservative. This doesn't include the basketball court time. He needs to go so we can get somebody who knows how to work for a living.

Be careful what you wish for -- he may run for ParkCo Commissioner, based on his "work" experience.

Thu May 26, 2011 9:41 am

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for -- he may run for ParkCo Commissioner, based on his "work" experience.

:thud:

Now that you mention it, there already are a lot of similarities in spending habits and attitude toward taxpayers.

Fri May 27, 2011 11:41 am

285alive wrote:
Give him a break. It's a big, complicated world out there.

Yes, 2008 IS a very big, complicated year. Oh wait -- only for him. For the rest of us it's 2011.

Fri May 27, 2011 2:26 pm

I would love to hear a psychiatrist explain why BHO would sign the Westminster Abbey Guest Book as 24 May 2008 the other day. Is he wishing he could go back and start over? I sure do. Not that I voted for him, but I think things would turn out different if we had a do-over.

Sat May 28, 2011 12:15 pm