It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:20 am

My Kind of FEMINIST!! 

Post My Kind of FEMINIST!!
I was always a little worried about the "feminist" movement because they tended to race off into the irrational anger rather than staying serious and credible. But this pick of Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as Veep is THE TOPS!!

She is the right kind of strong female. Five kids. Lifetime NRA member. She's been to Iraq as many times as Obama. She is the youngest and only woman governor of Alaska, a state surrounded by foreign countries. She understands rugged individualism. Her nickname when playing basketball was Sarah Barracuda. Her youngest baby is a Downs syndrome child. Her oldest joined the army last September 11 and will be shipped to Iraq this September 11.

What does she know about diplomacy? If you don't know, you're obviously not an involved parent of multiple children. :)

She has fought corruption and gone after all ethics problems including in her own party. She took on some very powerful people. She fights waste in government spending. She told congress what they could do with the "Bridge to Nowhere" that corrupt AK Senator Ted Stevens (R) got passed as an earmark. "If Alaska needs a bridge, we'll build it ourselves," she says she told D.C.

She's married to a lifetime commercial fisherman and steel workers union member. She's a former union member and understands the challenges of the working family. She also understands wilderness protection and the energy business and knows we can drill in Alaska and other places and not hurt the environment.

:wacko: FINALLY!!! I'M EXCITED ABOUT THE ELECTION!!! :wacko:

Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Fights corruption and ethics violators? She's under investigation for firing the police commissioner because he wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law. Granted, I don't know the details -- but on the face of it, this sounds like just another power-mad politico to me.

On the other hand, her birth control and abortion beliefs make her the perfect Republican patsy.

Gotta give it to McCain, though -- it's a shrewd choice.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:36 am

Granted, I don't know the details -- but on the face of it, this sounds like just another power-mad politico to me.

Typical. You admit you don't know any details (facts) but you'll jump to conclusions and call her names and accuse her of terrible things just because she is a Republican. This is why no one bothers to listen to people like you. "On the face of it" in this case just means that some left-wing media told you there's something suspicious and you bought it hook line and sinker without question or thought.

Would you feel differently about it if you heard that the ex brother-in-law, the cop, had used a taser on his 11-year-old child and engaged in other abusive behavior? Go ahead - defend that. And remember, you don't need any details or facts.

It IS a brilliant choice. And she does fight corruption and has proven it. No wonder the lefties and liberal Republicans won't like her. The last thing they want is to have the corruption cleaned up. She's been attacked by smarter, more powerful people and has survived because the people in Alaska know the truth. She has an approval rating several times as high as that of your liberal congressional leaders. And more experience than your Dem candidate for president.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:56 am

You can tell who the liberals are. They're crapping their pants over this pick by McCain. Hillary supporters are saying they're going to switch and vote McCain.

Did you know that Palin has an 80% approval rating and has been as high as 90%? Lowest ever was in the mid-60's I think. Wouldn't Obama and Biden kill for that kind of approval rating? No wonder the leftists are screaming! :D

She's a real conservative cutting costs and cutting out the crap. I wish she'd come here and clean up this county. We could use a conservative for a change.

Great stroke of genius! Nice going, Mac! She's not un-cute, either. ;) That can't hurt. People are gaga over how NObama looks, so it must count for something.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:47 pm

I believe McCain got this one right. I was concerned that he had the comeback going into the DNC, but could blow it with the VP selection.

John was on target with what the country was looking for!

PRO LIFE - Heck she has 5 children
PRO 2 - Lifetime NRA, need I say more?

Understands the constituents financial pain - She voted a 1 yr stay on gas tax and a $1,200 economic check for Alaska residents.

She also held an executive office - GOVERNOR of the largest state in the country!

Congratulations for bringing some eye candy, opps, I meant fresh air to Washington!

NOW, she can go kick some Biden butt!

I ask for your support and VOTE for CHRISTOPHER HOPKINS as YOUR smart choice for County Commissioner - District 1.

Please write CHRISTOPHER HOPKINS in on your ballot.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:53 pm

keg wrote:
Granted, I don't know the details -- but on the face of it, this sounds like just another power-mad politico to me.

Typical. You admit you don't know any details (facts) but you'll jump to conclusions and call her names and accuse her of terrible things just because she is a Republican. This is why no one bothers to listen to people like you.

Jeez, MM, what is it about the "one the face of it" that you don't understand? Do I need to qualify that any further?
Quote:
"On the face of it" in this case just means that some left-wing media told you there's something suspicious and you bought it hook line and sinker without question or thought.

This is being widely distributed by all forms of media, just what is so left-wing about it? Are you really that comfortable with a politician using political clout to accomplish a private agenda (gee, where else have we seen that recently)? Or are you saying that the media all have it wrong? Seems like it should be easily debunked, if so ... but I haven't seen any attempt at that.
Quote:
Would you feel differently about it if you heard that the ex brother-in-law, the cop, had used a taser on his 11-year-old child and engaged in other abusive behavior? Go ahead - defend that. And remember, you don't need any details or facts.

Why do I need to defend that? Of course I don't. But please tell me why that is cause for firing the ex-brother-in-law's boss!
Quote:
It IS a brilliant choice. And she does fight corruption and has proven it. No wonder the lefties and liberal Republicans won't like her. The last thing they want is to have the corruption cleaned up. She's been attacked by smarter, more powerful people and has survived because the people in Alaska know the truth. She has an approval rating several times as high as that of your liberal congressional leaders. And more experience than your Dem candidate for president.

OMG, I've got to take a second ... <relax, relax> ... OK, better now. More experience? Are you touting a soccer mom who has 6 years of experience as a small-town mayor and 18 months as a governor against Obama's years rising up through the ranks? This is the person who would be President if McCain is elected and then has a heart attack or something. Really?

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:39 am

You fire the boss for Failure to Provide Supervision. The BOSS did not terminate an employee, charged with upholding the very law he broke.

That is called holding officers of the law accountable for their actions. Especially, if they are enforcing those laws!

What would happen if that trooper went out and committed the same CRIME on someone else? Guess what? The taxpayers lose as the State would be sued for a concept called "NEGLIGENT RETENTION."

I ask for your support and VOTE for CHRISTOPHER HOPKINS as YOUR smart choice for County Commissioner - District 1.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:46 am

Good heavens. If you think "coming up through the ranks" (running for office and giving speeches) qualifies someone to be President, there are thousands more qualified than BO. He managed to not vote on 160 issues in the state senate where he got elected with the most corrupt Dem political system in the country. Then he was in the US Senate for 143 days before he and a bunch of other liberals decided he should be leader of the free world. There isn't anything more stupid than thinking he should be elected president. It's just to make the fawning and fainting liberals feel good about themselves for electing a semi-black man.

The "soccer mom" you're making fun of has 100% more executive experience - translation THAT MEANS DOING THINGS - than BO. Being one of a communal legislative body is not the same as executive responsibility. BO is the LEAST qualified person ever to run for the executive branch of the government. No president with any credibility would even put him on the cabinet because he's so ignorant and inexperienced.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MountainMom wrote:
keg wrote:

Typical. You admit you don't know any details (facts) but you'll jump to conclusions and call her names and accuse her of terrible things just because she is a Republican. This is why no one bothers to listen to people like you.

Jeez, MM, what is it about the "one the face of it" that you don't understand? Do I need to qualify that any further?

"Jeez keg" - It's stupid because you jumped to conclusions calling someone "another power-mad politico" without a single fact to back it up. Responsible people don't draw those kind of conclusions and spread that kind of mindless tripe without a single fact to go on. If you were listening to any responsible media, you would have heard about the brother-in-law and maybe understood the business of how the firing goes. But, since you only have the same experience as BO, you wouldn't know anything about that because you're just a power-mad liberal politico woman. (Don't ask me for any facts on that.)

We do see politicians using their power to spread their own agenda and spit in the face of the public. Just look at Governor Ritter. Talk about a tyrant passing executive orders to rob the Colorado taxpayers blind! Yes, I agree, politicians do use their power incorrectly. Most of them are liberals, though, which is why we need a conservative reformer.

Minimizing the successes and accomplishments and qualifications of a brilliant woman like Sarah Palin just shows you to be a petty, insecure, female political hack yourself. Go ahead, lady - pick on women. We love to see the left bare its fangs and hypocrisy. :D

Don't relax too much. You might miss all of the facts completely. She's a hockey mom, not a soccer mom. And an army mom. And a former business owner. And a former oil and gas corruption cleanup point person. And an expert on energy production. And a basketball point guard. And an executive for YEARS.

Feeling inadequate keg?

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:18 am

Palin got more votes as Governor than Biden got in the primaries to be president. And Alaska is quite a bit bigger than Slow Joe's state of Maryland. And Sarah isn't a plagiarist like Biden. I'd say she's miles ahead.

She's worlds ahead of Obama in being ready to lead. And people who have the courage to go up against their own party leaders, when they're corrupt, are the ones with the courage to be in the White House. Not the party weenies like Obamabiden.

MCCAIN ~ PALIN

One HOT TICKET!!

:D

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:44 am

Once again, Governor/Executive of the largest state in the U.S.!

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:50 am

The more I hear and see liberals bashing women over this selection, the more I see the genius in the choice. She's quite an impressive lady. It must scare the Democrats to death the way they're now saying "soccer moms" don't know anything.

8)

Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:24 am

the obama's leftwing media front is really bashing this woman but she can take it. they are just going to get her more support because the people don't like seeing somebody's young kids get attacked. if she can't serve in an important job because she has 5 kids as the media says then nancy pelosi needed to shut up and go home along with all the others and obama who have kids and are dragging them around on the campaign trail using them to get elected. look what the obamas do to his little girls but you don't see the leftwingers complaining about that. they both work. a lot of the rumors and attacks aren't even fit to publish but i hope the left keeps showing us how much they really hate women if the women don't fall in line and give the left what they want. yup. hot ticket. fred thompson says she knows how to field dress a moose. she's got my vote.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:44 am

It's just crossing the news now that the Democrats supporting Obama stole Sarah Palin's social security number and are releasing it to use to try to embarrass her by stealing her identity and credit reports and connecting her with things they invent. They accused her of lying and being involved in scandals and now they'll use the information to set her up. You can sure tell the Obamas are from Chicago, can't you? The laws and rules don't apply to them or their minister or terrorist friends.

Obama spokesman also called her a Nazi and Obama hasn't bothered to condemn that butt.

Is there anything these damm dems won't do to steal an election? Is there nobody they won't destroy to get their own way? We have to get rid of the dems and obamas at the national level.

Unfortunately we have to get rid of the fake repubs at the local level too because they're just as nasty and underhanded. I hope people are paying attention.

Clean up these crooked theives we're seeing! Vote for Reform!

McCain-Palin
Lora Abcarian Commissioner
Lynda James Commissioner
Don't cast any vote in District 3!
(leaving it blank won't affect your other votes)

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:36 am

KEG,

You fire the boss for Failure to Provide Supervision. The BOSS did not terminate an employee, charged with upholding the very law he broke.

That is called holding officers of the law accountable for their actions. Especially, if they are enforcing those laws!

What would happen if that trooper went out and committed the same CRIME on someone else? Guess what? The taxpayers lose as the State would be sued for a concept called "NEGLIGENT RETENTION."

From all that I have read, the trooper has been disciplined for his infractions, including suspension. An investigation found he has been found in violation of policy or law four times, three of which are not worthy of dismissal. The taser usage is deplorable and it seems to me should be prosecuted -- not handled under-the-table as she tried to handle it.

I don't profess to know all that goes on with state troopers -- but I do know that actions like the ones he has been accused of are not isolated to this case. I would like to know in just how many other cases the governor has gotten personally involved. I will admit the "power-mad" quote was emotional and off-the-cuff and totally without basis -- I apologize for that. However, any way I look at this, it still strikes me as undue use of power, motivated by a personal agenda -- understandable though that agenda might be. She got involved solely because he was her ex-brother-in-law.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 am

We do see politicians using their power to spread their own agenda and spit in the face of the public. Just look at Governor Ritter. Talk about a tyrant passing executive orders to rob the Colorado taxpayers blind! Yes, I agree, politicians do use their power incorrectly. Most of them are liberals, though, which is why we need a conservative reformer.

I see your quote and raise you. My comment, based on the past eight years of federal abuses: "Most of them are conservatives, though, which is why we need a liberal reformer". I suspect either one of us can line up enough examples to prove our points.
Quote:
Minimizing the successes and accomplishments and qualifications of a brilliant woman like Sarah Palin just shows you to be a petty, insecure, female political hack yourself. Go ahead, lady - pick on women. We love to see the left bare its fangs and hypocrisy. :D

OMG, you're talking about hypocrisy. The right wing has been falling over itself in the past week contradicting any number of points they have been making before then regarding political experience and gender issues. Karl Rove and Bill O'Reilly, just to cite two, have both put their feet firmly in their mouth contradicting statements they made just months ago. Don't talk to me about hypocrisy, the right-wing blatherheads have cornered that market -- and conservative airheads just eat it up.

Quote:
Don't relax too much. You might miss all of the facts completely. She's a hockey mom, not a soccer mom. And an army mom. And a former business owner. And a former oil and gas corruption cleanup point person. And an expert on energy production. And a basketball point guard. And an executive for YEARS.

Feeling inadequate keg?

Nope. Hockey mom, soccer mom -- if you want to use that to prove some kind of a point, well go right ahead, baseless though it might be. And YEARS? One-and-a half, I'll grant you. But bottom line -- while Obama's and Palin's experiences are of somewhat different sorts, I don't think you can trumpet one's experiences over another. Let's face it, they are both inexperienced when it comes to trying to take on the most powerful job on earth (or, in Palin's case, one heartbeat away from that job). And yet, to hear people like you try to justify her experience where just a couple of weeks ago you were denouncing Obama's lack of experience and claiming he was unsuited for the job because of it ... well, again, hypocrisy.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:49 am

If I am elected as a commissioner to lead this county and I hear of domestic abuse, child abuse or any other abuse of authority, I WILL get involved with insuring that the matter is properly investigated and the appropriate disciplinary action is taken.

County government and law enforcement must be held to a higher level of accountability!

Governor Palin's involvement, however unfortunate the family ties were, is just what needs to be expected of our leadership. She especially needed to see proper discipline, termination in this case, to show the people that her family IS NOT above the law.

When the boss did not terminate the trooper, he needed to lose his position for being an ineffective leader. Please do not tell me and the readers that TASERING a child is permissible with only a suspension. Law enforcement has a tough job description as it is and does not need people justifying TASERING of children just so an agenda against Governor Palin can be advanced.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:38 am

What an amazing speech she gave! Especially when you know that the teleprompter wasn't working and all she had was a crumpled draft copy of the speech. The staff should be fired for screwing all that up (they must have been liberals who infiltrated) but it really tells us how good she is! :)

And then McCain really stirred people in his speech. Together they're a pair that's going to shake up Washington. That's what we want! We don't want Wash to be "changed" in a negative way by taking more money away from people and getting the government richer. We don't want Wash to be wimped out by someone who won't fight when the country is attacked. We want McCain-Palin to clean it up and protect it!

Gloria Steinem and the leftwingers on NBC don't like Sarah! That's good enough for me! \:D/

**==

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:36 am

Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:43 pm

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:24 pm