It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 3:06 am

Obama calls Palin a PIG 

Post Obama calls Palin a PIG
The nice young man (gag) running for president as a new brand of "above the fray" positive Democrat sweetheart just called his opponent's veep pick a Pig!

If you didn't see the Palin speeches you might have seen news clips of her saying the difference between a pit bull and a hockey mom is - lipstick. It's been run over and over again and really cracked up the house at the convention where she ad-libbed it during teleprompter troubles. It's kind of a signature line for her.

Today Obama was criticizing his opponents and said, "You can put lipstick on a pig -- but it's still a pig!" His audience knew exactly what he meant.

So much for his "new" brand of politics. He's another nasty, spoiled, rude, ill-mannered desperate fraud politician. What an outrageous snotty boor!!

I'm sure it won't slow Sarah down, but it sure has peeeeed off the rest of us!!

LIPSTICK UP EVERYBODY!!!

we need a lipstick smiley

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:09 pm
Alert A+

:lipstick1: :lipstick2: :lipstickskull:

(Use Lipstick of Death with caution ;) )

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:31 pm
Profile WWW

LIPSTICK UP EVERYBODY!!

:lipstick1: :lipstickskull: :lipstick1:

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:40 pm

That was just on the news! Obama has really put his foot in it this time. His audience laughed and gave him a standing O.

They're running scared. They sent 30 lawyers to Alaska to try to dig up dirt on Palin.

Quote:
Democrats have “airdropped” an army of 30 attorneys, investigators and opposition researchers into Alaska to dig into Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin’s record and background, The Wall Street Journal’s John Fund reports.

They are being deployed in Anchorage, the state capital Juneau and Palin’s hometown, Wasilla.

John Fund calls them the Democratic SWAT team.

How about the Obama SQUAT team.

I don't wear lipstick but I'll salute with the smiley :lipstick1:

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:43 pm

People in Chicago said that Obama is in the gutter politics but people wouldn't listen.

Now get a load of what the Dems in SC are saying.

S.C. Dem chair: Palin primary qualification is she hasn't had an abortion
By JONATHAN MARTIN | 9/10/08 3:34 PM
South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler sharply attacked Sarah Palin today, saying John McCain had chosen a running mate " whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.”

What is it with these women who say they work for women's rights and equality and then say things like this??? Are they just slaves? What if we said the only qualification Obama had is that he is a black man who married and stayed with the mother of his children? I don't believe that, let me say, but they'd be screaming at us if we even hinted at such a sexist or racist comment.

This is really showing the Democrats for what they are. Everything bad they scream at conservatives for seems to be just to misdirect attention away from their own guilt.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:53 pm

I do not condone any of that. However, to say that these types of statements are the purview of Democrats and that Republicans do not engage in this is horse-hockey of the highest order. Republicans are no better, and probably not much worse, than Democrats in that behavior.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Oh, and by the way ... Obama did NOT call Palin a pig -- any more than I would call somebody a pig by using that phrase. Anybody who thinks otherwise really doesn't know anything about how that phrase is commonly used.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:19 am

I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you! A liberal in denial?

If this was such a common phrase for Obama, please provide links to three incidents where he's used it in his speeches before. Then maybe that would be a tiny bit plausible.

But watch the video of where he uses the lipstick and old fish (Barracuda) in his talk and see if it looks and sounds like his normal speech pattern. You can't seriously make the case that this was completely unrelated to his biggest nightmare - Governor Sarah Palin. The audience there listening to him got it - it took them a second but they burst out in raucous laughter. Why would they do that over a common phrase? Why didn't he stop right then and say, "No, that's not what I mean." Obama dished it and they got it.

Lipstick and old fish. What a nice guy.

The bigger problem for Dems is that their hypocrisy is showing. They're all for women's rights and minority rights, but only if the women and minorities are slaves to the leftist agenda. So they're not for anybody's rights but their own.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:55 am

Anybody who thinks otherwise really doesn't know anything about how that phrase is commonly used.

Another instance of the left saying "If you don't have exactly the same opinions as me, you're really stupid and shouldn't talk." Another vote for ideological slavery.

No wonder he needed a Greek temple. Have you seen the way BO sticks his nose in the air and talks down to you? That's the same attitude.

Face Reality. It only hurts for a minute if you're brave.

:lipstickskull:

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:45 am

Oh for crying out loud, I didn't say that Obama commonly used it, I said it was a common phrase. Have you really never heard that before? Can you really not be bothered to search for the derivation of that phrase? Here, I'll make it easy for you, if you cannot be bothered yourself, here is one explanation of origin: http://www.slate.com/id/2199805/?GT1=38001 . Bottom line: It's been in use for years, is derived from a centuries old analogous phrase, and you probably won't give a flying flip because it's just so much easier for people like you to jump to taking offense. Which is your right, I suppose, as idiotic as it is.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Ok, here's how this goes. Some people, when losing an argument, pretend that you're stupid and missing the REAL point altogether. In reality, they know they're losing so they want to make it about YOU being stupid.

We don't need your condescending lessons and links to things that have nothing to do with the point. Of course we know what the phrase means. The point is that BO didn't use those phrases before those things became associated with his nemesis.

His whole audience got it and laughed their heads off. Evidently there are still some determined to stay in denial.

So be it.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 pm

That pansy city slicker might know something about lipstick, but I'll wager he knows nothing about pigs.

The lipstick doesn't help their appearance any and it just annoys the pig.

He shows a complete lack of judgment and taste by bringing up such an animal in connection with that glorious, talented, strong, experienced, driving force from Alaska. Can't vote for such an ignoramus as him.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:27 am

So, let me understand ... If a public figure wants to use a phrase that is in common usage but he/she has never spoken it in public before ... well, tough luck? Is there some kind of phrase usage registry that they need to go to to be "approved" to use such phrase? Are you really truly that dense?

Nothing that you have said changes the fact that Obama DID NOT CALL PALIN A PIG! In no way! That is just some twisted interpretation that people of your ilk are spinning.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:38 am

Let me ask it this way: If he had instead said "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" -- which is pretty much saying the same thing -- would you have reached your same sick interpretation? I'm guessing yes, because he has probably never used that phrase in public either, right?

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:40 am

Well hell. Some people work pretty hard at missing the point.

Palin talked about lipstick in her speeches. The clips were played a thousand times until the phrase coming out of her mouth was well known about the country. Her nickname Barracuda was also talked about til most people knew about it.

She did not talk about silk purses. So he coulda talked about the ears and silk all day long and nobody would have connected it with anything except to think maybe he had weird taste in accessories.

How come you missed the joke he made when everybody else around him got it? Lipstick and fish were newly and broadly connected to Palin just before he brought them up in a gutter nasty context.

Sorry you can't get the really clear point. That's just some people not wanting things to be a certain way even when it's plain they are.

But keep pretending. It's a comfort to some.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 am

Cowboy, you are amazing. I'm not sure why I'm trying to respond, because you are completely irrational about this, but here's one more try.

Here is the full quote of the speech leading up to that phrase:
Quote:
Let's just list this for a second. John McCain says he's for change too. I guess his whole angle is "Watch out George Bush. Except for economic policy, health care policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy, and Karl Rove-style politics, we're really going to shake things up in Washington." That's not change. That's just calling the same thing something different. But you know, you can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change, it's still gonna stink. We've had enough of the same old thing.

Now, just who is stretching a point to say that he is referring to Palin here? Talk about working hard at missing the point!

And oh, by the way ... turns out this is NOT the first time he's used this phrase publicly. From a 2007 Washington Post interview:
Quote:
George Bush has given a mission to General Petraeus, and he has done his best to try to figure out how to put lipstick on a pig.

I guess you're going to claim he was calling the General a pig, and that Bush was giving him a make-over? And let's not even mention McCain's usage of the same expression in October 2007 when referring to Hillary Clinton's health care plan. Of course, McCain wasn't calling Hillary a pig, was he? No, these things only work one way, don't they? You learn well from your buddies Rush and O'Reilly.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:29 am

Don't waste your breath, Cowboy1. You'll have the most illogical, irrational person on the board calling you names. The video is clear and his audience and all the liberals got it. Some just dont want to admit it so they argue endlessly.

keg didn't even know that congress is the body that spends the money and kept blaming the president for overspending. :roll: No evidence in the world would change her mind. You can't put logical argument to some people because they can't win arguments logically so they hate it.

The lipstick doesn't help their appearance any and it just annoys the pig. :)) What a great line.

Don't know why it took so long for her to find that other quote. That was one of the things asked for. Still doesn't mean anything, though. Watch the video. Everybody got the joke but keg.

Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:42 am
Alert A+

Interesting thread. Please continue - but do it without calling each other names or personally attacking other posters. There's plenty to criticize with the public figures.

We don't want to see this degenerate into a member-bashing discussion. :)

Thank you!

Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:06 am
Profile WWW

Thanks ParkBull, but I'm done with this. I refuse to descend into the type of ad hominem attacks that they do, and that is the only way they want to carry on this argument. Any rational observer of Obama's speech could not possibly reach the conclusions that they have -- but I just do not know how to fight irrationality.

Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:59 am

There might be some misinterpretation of whom ParkBull is trying to rein in here.

keg wrote:
Oh for crying out loud..
Have you really never heard that before? Can you really not be bothered to search for the derivation of that phrase? Here, I'll make it easy for you..
and you probably won't give a flying flip because it's just so much easier for people like you to jump to taking offense. Which is your right, I suppose, as idiotic as it is.

keg wrote:
That is just some twisted interpretation that people of your ilk are spinning.

keg wrote:
would you have reached your same sick interpretation?

keg wrote:
I'm not sure why I'm trying to respond, because you are completely irrational about this, but here's one more try.
You learn well from your buddies Rush and O'Reilly.

keg wrote:
Any rational observer of Obama's speech could not possibly reach the conclusions that they have -- but I just do not know how to fight irrationality.

keg wrote:
I refuse to descend into the type of ad hominem attacks that they do,
:o

Not saying anything. :-^

For the record, O'Reilly is often left-wing. But the left don't watch him so they don't know any better.

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:26 am