It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Ron Paul 

Post Ron Paul
I really don't understand why you Republicans didn't go for Ron Paul in a big way in this last campaign. Although there are some things I disagree with, I find much of what he has to say admirable. And he rather succinctly enumerates much of what I find detestable in this past administration.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:46 am

He was not on the radar because the Rep leadership didn't embrace him .. sad because he has a good message

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Part of it was his followers who did him in. They got together and acted like an intimidating cult everywhere they went. You know - sort of like the Obama followers. Most conservatives aren't comfortable with the cult mentality. Individualists, mostly, who don't think people should be tricked into or intimidated into putting them in power.

I do admire Ron Paul's fiscal approach to governing. He believes that people shouldn't be helplessly dependent on the government and the government should get out of the way and let them succeed or let them fail until they learn how to succeed. If failure gets you just as much as success, like they're doing lately, then there's no motivation for people to succeed and achieve excellence. At that point, the economy collapses like France. Contrary to that, Ron Paul would let them sink or swim on their own unless they were disabled and unable to work.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:14 am

I'm not sure I would call the Obama followers (of which I am one) a cult, although I can see where some people might think so. Actually, I found the whole campaign experience to be rather exciting, and I think a campaign run and funded at least in part by the people to be far preferable to the usual straight-jacket control by the back-room party power elite. I think the Republicans would be well-served by some of that same sort of participation, and Ron Paul seems to be just the sort to galvanize that type of action. I think an Obama vs Paul campaign in 2012 would be a hell of a bash.

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:53 am

No one is surprised you don't understand anything about conservatives.

And, as usual, you have the money concept all backwards. It's the campaign that takes public financing (like McCain did and Obama promised to do but went back on his promise) that keeps the big-money special interests out of the final election. The way Obama raised money hides a lot of the sources and makes it time-consuming to investigate. I'm sure the investigation will go on for years and they will find connections to corrupt sources and funneled money from the Chicago machine and George Soros the office-buyer.

Obama couldn't have won without the questionable donations that gave him millions more to spend while McCain stuck with his promise to keep the clean financing for his campaign.

McCain isn't the one who took the 3rd highest contributions from disgraced Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. Obama is. McCain isn't the one who took almost a Billion dollars in two years in pork earmarks while in the senate. It was Obama.

If you really wanted clean, you would have supported McCain. But you obviously wanted to stay with the "excitement" of the cult, so you chose the corrupt one with the nice speaking abilities. The information about Obama was out there for all to see. But the chanting cult decided they wanted the bad guy anyway. When you worship the person instead of caring about any goals or ideals, that's a cult.

If you think the back room didn't get Obama elected, you're really out of touch. There was much manipulation in covering up for Obama and his crooked connections and ignorance. He campaigned in "57 states" you know. Dumber than Palin by a country mile.

Hey. Did you hear he wasn't born in the U.S. and might not be able to be sworn in as President if someone proves his birthplace was Kenya?

:D

We don't want Ron Paul because we're not into the cult thing. It's too bad we have the dumbest, least experienced, most snobby left-wingnut president in history coming into office - IF he was actually born in the US. That's what you get from cult mentality.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:55 pm

That's pretty funny. The people who brought up Jimmy Carter, Al Gore and John Kerry are giving us advice on who our candidates should be.

:))

Losers.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:20 pm

For <deity>'s sake, you cannot address the point I'm trying to make, so you're attacking the messenger? Believe it or not, I'm a fiscal conservative, which makes what Ron Paul says so attractive. The Republican party today is not fiscally conservative -- it's spend big and don't worry where the money is coming from. If they continue in that vein, they are signing their own death warrant. People are beginning to come to the realization that the single biggest worry we have as a country isn't terrorism, isn't moral issues ... it's the economy and the crippling, absurd amount of debt we as a country have run up. If you don't start getting that, you're history. And Ron Paul gets it.

And of course, you have to attack my contention about Obama by huge exaggeration. If you'll take the trouble to really read my post, you'll notice I said "funded at least in part by the people". And I stand by that. At the beginning of the campaign, Clinton was the choice of the Democratic power elite; Obama was backed by the "common" folk. They converted the power elite over -- it's as simple as that. Ron Paul could do the same thing, if your common folk could just remove their blinders. But, you're right, it won't happen.

The rest of what you're saying about Obama's corruption, lack of experience, stupidity, etc. -- it's sour grapes and not worth responding to. The majority spoke, get over it. If you really feel there was corruption in the campaign funding, get out and prove it. But again, it won't happen -- it's more fun grousing about it.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:02 am

it's sour grapes and not worth responding to. The majority spoke, get over it.

So if we really look, we'll see you defending George Bush when he won the election twice? You'll be on record out there somewhere chastising the left for the abuse they heaped on him from fake stories, fraudulent documents and nasty unfounded attacks.

I don't remember seeing any of that from you.

The Golden Rule applies. I will give Obama every bit of respect and benefit of the doubt that the left gave Bush when he won two elections. And don't bring up the tired attacks of 2000 - they counted those votes a gazillion times and every time, Bush won.

You can't say you're a fiscal conservative, complain about the debt and deficit like you do, and say you found Obama to be the best leader. Not if you really took the trouble to look at his proposed programs, wealth distribution, past voting record, irresponsible pork spending, etc. So - maybe it was just an exciting cult experience for you. It certainly isn't fiscal conservatism. He's the worst of fiscal liberalism. Tax and economy experts have all said his massive spending programs will run up the deficit and national debt worse than they are now and worse than his opponents. And it's even worse with congress in the hands of the liberals, too. They're running up the debt like gangbusters, but you wanted them back, too. Congress spends the money, remember, and it's easier if the president just signs off on everything they want.

But maybe we won't have to find out how bad the propaganda screwed over the voters. He's not a natural-born citizen so he's not eligible to be president.

You know what that means!! He's an illegitimate president-elect. Illegitimate. There's a word you don't hear every day in connection with a President of the United States. Oh wait -- you did hear it every day from the left about Bush. So, nothing new there. Just get over it.

Obama, as an illegal alien, can't legally be president. :o

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:34 am

Maybe we'll dodge the bullet because he's not an American. It was pretty obvious he and his wife hated this country anyway. But it's easy to understand how the big spenders get elected in our dumbed-down country.

Here's an example:

From a teacher in the Nashville area

We are worried about "the cow" when it is all about the "Ice Cream"

The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade this year. The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president.

We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother.

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Every one applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium.

Her speech was concise. She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down. The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."

She surely would say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it. She didn't know. The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream.

Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a landslide.

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream. Fifty percent of the people react like nine year olds. They want ice cream.

The other fifty percent know they're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:58 am

Man, you guys are a trip! Forget about it. I really thought Ron Paul would resonate with you, because the link I posted emphasized many of the same points you have been trying to make in your postings about Park County spending and budgets. But no, sour grapes are triumphant.

For the record -- if Obama's administration ratchets up the national debt anywhere near the level you think it will, I will be among the first to complain. As I say, it is by far our most pressing national issue, unless you feel it is desirable for the country to slide into bankruptcy. But I have to say, given the trends in the past 25 years concerning growth of the debt by party in executive power, I am seriously in doubt.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 pm

You really don't have any idea what conservatism is, keg. That's why your suggestions don't "resonate" with anybody. No sour grapes - just watch and see what a mess we end up with. You call the administration he's putting together change? That's a laugh. All the most partisan left wing hacks from the dark old days and constant scandals. That's what Obama is choosing. He must have made some real deals with the devil to get this election. And Ron Paul is a Libertarian, so you would hate most of what he stands for and you'd still vote for the communist anyway.

And you still don't get the budget facts. How can you call yourself a fiscal anything when you don't have any idea how any of it works? The Executive can ask for money, but the congress is in charge of deciding how much to spend and where to spend it. For forty years, Dems were in charge and the national debt kept rising. When Repubs took a significant majority in congress, they forced Clinton to balance the budget because Congress decides what to spend. As congress shifted back to the left and many liberals got elected as Republicans, the finances went in the toilet again. The country put dems back in charge in 06 and you see what has happened since then. They wrecked the economy so they could win an election. There is nothing you leftwingers won't do to win. You destroy everything like a teen gang and we have to come in and clean up the mess. Like the ice cream - did you read that? Democrats are the 9 year olds, in case you didn't get that.

Try to broaden your reading or something. You always seem seriously short on basic informaiton. Not unusual for a cult member.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:53 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]