It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 am

JOHN TIGHE WHINES AT PUBLIC PARTY MEETING 

Post JOHN TIGHE WHINES AT PUBLIC PARTY MEETING
Parkbull you're in trouble. The Sheriff's department wants to know why you personally have it in for poor little John Tighe and his friends. What did he ever do to you? :((

John doesn't like it when Republicans criticize him but I can't help it. They are so out of control and dishonest it's pathetic. He said no one should dare question him about the money he took away from R&B work or the $100,000 he listed as Misc Exp on the books. It was an unfair attack according to Johnny. And those questions DEFINITELY shouldn't be coming from republicans, he says.

I've heard some heated talk from a couple of friends today that Tighe and Undersheriff Monty Gore said at that public party meeting that the Parkbull was just Bull. They didn't make any statements why so I guess they just don't like what you're publishing. So the SO is mad about your website. Since the commissioner Tighe works for the Undersheriff I guess it's a big slam club or they all have their orders. Have they said anything about what they think is bull? I don't remember any letters from them correcting you. Did you not publish them?

You must be scaring them. :o Shame on you! Does this mean that we'll see a story about how they busted in your door with a search warrant soon? That's how they deal with political opposition, isn't it?

Tighe also said at another meeting that anybody who wanted to see the credit card bill just had to ask for a copy. He thought reporting it as misc was ok because they didn't want to bother to write everything out for the public. Any bill we wanted to see was there for the public, he said. The Finance Director's phone number is 719-836-4214 and Fax is 719-836-3273. She is the one you'd have to ask for copies of the bills, I think. But Tighe said it was ok for people to ask for them.

For the first time in many, many years, I will be voting for the only financial conservatives in the local races - and they definitely aren't Republicans.

What a sad thing to happen to this wonderful, strong county to be destroyed by such selfish commissioners. :(

Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:35 am

John Tighe has let everyone down who voted for him.

We gave him a chance, he didn't work out. Time for his replacement.

IMHO, the biggest problem John had was being an under study of Leni.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:49 am

This isn't surprising. Tighe whines about everything when he doesn't get his way. Thick-headed and thin-skinned. The undersheriff goes to all of the meetings because he's desperate to have his deputy in there voting for his budget and giving him raises. That's why this conflict of interest shouldn't be allowed. But where is the leadership from the Sheriff? Doesn't he care what his officers are doing out in public? Does he think it's ok that an important local news source is being bashed by his department? Very weird since the Bull has done a lot of favorable coverage for the Sheriff and his officers and always supported law enforcement as far as I remember. ParkBull really helped the day of the shooting and started immediately supporting the sheriff and officers and trying to keep information straight for the public. When lots of other news sources were messing up information, this site had it right. I can't understand why the sheriff lets his undersheriff now bash the news that's been so supportive of the sheriff and good for the community.

Quote:
IMHO, the biggest problem John had was being an under study of Leni.
Exactly right Localperson. John maybe wouldn't have been able to get this bad without her help and her minions as well. I've heard about some possible investigations. Unfortunately they probably wont' be done before the election but they should be interesting.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:33 pm
Alert A+

Thanks to all of you who wrote and called with your concerns about this. But you shouldn't worry.

First, there are plenty of good people in the Sheriff's Department, as most of you know. So let's not paint the whole department with the words of a couple of officers, even if they are high-ranking and one happens to be a commissioner. Many inside the party and government have contacted me to express their concern that a few of their officials would take such a low position in a public meeting, but it isn't the first time and probably won't be the last. And it wouldn't be the first time they've been wrong in their statements while stating or insinuating that the Bulletin has it wrong.

Second, none of the Republican candidates have sent any factual corrections - or any corrections - to any of the stories appearing in the news on the Bulletin. Therefore, we would presume they do not have factual objections. The joke about the "Bull" is pretty old and sophomoric, so no worries there. The name was originally established as a triple entendre. If it took these officials this many years to pick up on that one, there's far more to worry about than an off comment.

The issues with these candidates are not "personal" as Tighe likes to suggest. I don't know the man on a personal level - only as a commissioner. If he and the other Republican candidates are upset that their own words don't sound great when they are reported publicly, then they should consider the original source.

Tighe is the one who removed the ParkBull and Pinecam links from the County page - not the other way around. Links for all candidates remain on the Bulletin. They will stay there because our mission is to inform the public. We do not rely on payments from the county for legal publication for our existence. (We don't have the space and cost restraints that a print publication has.) The current government cannot tolerate criticism as they proved a few years ago by trying to hire their own newspaper to put the Flume out of business.

Lastly, you readers and posters can be far more instrumental in informing the public than the Bulletin could ever hope to accomplish on its own. Remember that some areas of the county struggle with phone service and internet access. If you see a published news story you think might be of interest to neighbors, please feel free to print it complete with page headers and hang it in a public place.

Thank you all for your participation and concern.

'I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.' -Will Rogers

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:58 pm
Profile WWW

WOW! I knew one day it would be sad to be a Republican. I didn't think it would be today.

Okay, I'll state that I am a solid conservative.

I have a "CR" after my name for conservative republican. Not too many republicans remember what that means!

I do NOT have any issues with Park Bull postings so therefore, I confidently do not consider myself in the category of my colleagues. I am truly sadened that I have to make that statement.

Will someone join me in taking back the party?

Commissioner Tighe barely took his eye off me as he began his tirade at how dare someone question his public office actions, much less a republican candidate that was running against him.

It was a pleasure sitting there watching the commissioner unravel in front of his own party. Of course, the "Doobie Brothers" and only a few others were supporting their failing candidate.

I ask for your support and VOTE for CHRISTOPHER HOPKINS as YOUR smart choice for County Commissioner - District 1.

Please write CHRISTOPHER HOPKINS in on your ballot.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:36 am

Thanks for that Parkbull. I know that those two don't speak for all of the SO. I apologize for broadbrushing the department.

It's such a shame that there is no leadership or such poor leadership. We have some outstanding officers out here protecting us. I hope they'll forgive me. Or pray they just don't know who I am. :o

I remember that incident where the commissioners advertised to try to get a new newspaper here. Weren't they going to give them a preference on the legal publishing contract just to put the Flume out of business? They don't think they needed open bids for that either. They just give away millions of our money with no competition. Stupid in business, empty in budget as a result. Worst managers we've ever had. They deserve a reduction in taxes and staff, not the constant increases.

Thanks for taking the hits to bring us the real information.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:53 am

We are also being accused of engaging in "despicable dirty politics" if we point out the conflict of interest with Tighe working for the Undersheriff while he votes on their budget as commissioner. That's what his supporters say who also say that the government employees are in some elite class that should have their personal commute paid for by all of us because they're special and because they live so far from work.

Didn't they know where they would work when they applied for the job?

That person doesn't seem to realize that Tighe wanted a paying job to go help at the school after the shooting while the rest of us volunteered our time to help the school and community. And he gave the Undersheriff a big raise just at the right time to get the extra job.

If there's any "despicable dirty politics" going on, Mr. Tighe, it's coming from your abuses of your position, not our pointing it out.

I love our Sheriff's Deputies and think they did a wonderful job after the school shooting. But I have to wonder how our great Sheriff would surround himself with such dishonorable people.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:28 pm

I just heard a clip of Obama crying about how Fox News didn't like him. It reminded me of this. If someone is covering things that don't help the slimey politicians, the pols always cry and blame the person telling the story. Like kill the messenger. If they have the print news in their pocket, they won't like some other news covering things that are supposed to be kept quiet.

Like the commissioners trying to sneak de-brucing into a ballot
Like the clerk and lawyer changing a ballot long after the deadline
Like the county clerk hiding petition documents from the public for a week
Like the commissioners taking a million dollars away from our services in a fit
Like the county cheating all of us by taking cars they're not entitled to
Like the elections people reading everybody's "secret" ballots
Like the commissioners charging hundreds of thousands to miscellaneous

Where else did you hear about these things? Huh?

No wonder they hate the Bull. It has the audacity to actually inform the taxpayers when their money is being used improperly or maybe even illegally.

Imagine that. /:)

Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:41 pm

I been trying to figure out who Tighe and Hodges reminded me of. I think you nailed it altitude. Obamawhiners. Doesn't matter if they're caught red-handed in the jerky jar, they just deny it or make something up or blame the person that caught them.

Hodges has this sidekick who tells people he works for the CIA. And he thinks that helps somehow. What a bunch of steers.

Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Hodges just comes off as kinda strange and unknown. If he has a friend who thinks he's a CIA agent, that's interesting. He hasn't been here very long and didn't take any interest in the county until he thought his own property values would be affected. He says he's done a lot of suing people as a homeowners person, I think. Otherwise, we don't know a darn thing about him. He wants all of Park County to pay for a benefit for a few of his neighbors and argues that it will help HIS property values AGAIN. So you folks in Fairplay and Guffey get ready to pay for the Bailey commuters to have a free parking lot in Jefferson county. That's the Tighe-Hodges idea for you.

I'm a Republican but will vote for James. At least we know her from long time work for the county. I can't find a single person in the Repub electeds that is trying to save us money or treat us fairly. I give up on you. And Hodges is one of them, obviously.

CONSERVATIVES FOR LYNDA JAMES UNITE!!**==

**== MCCAIN ~ PALIN FOR ENERGY INDEPENDENCE! **==

Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:40 am

Don't forget what Hodges said at the meet the candidates. He doesn't care about anybody else's water rights because he violates the well restrictions at his own house. He said he used his water for all sorts of things outdoors until some people in the crowd yelled at him to shut up because he isn't supposed to be doing that. So he doesn't care about taking water from others.

Somebody want to call the water commission on the Woodside people? They seemed to know it was going on and Hodges didn't think there was anythng wrong with taking water that isn't his but he'll complain long and loud about somebody else who wants water.

I'm voting for Lynda also. It's so sad that we don't have real Republicans left and the most conservative candidate is the Democrat. :? Just hypocrites running as republican locally.

Hodges and his CIA buddy should go back to wherever they came from.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:23 am

Good point MM. I forgot about that. Rules don't apply to him just everybody else. Is that some sort of oblivion?

He's the only local candidate I've ever seen to plaster his ugly mug all over his signs and ads. In fact not even the senate and congress people put their pictures on all of their signs. What's that about? It's not because he's that good looking obviously so why is he doing that?

I guess there was that one sign of Tighe's in Bailey that looked like one of those communist flyers with the psychodelic theme. So those two are into something weird here. Is that some sort of narcism? Are they in love with themselves and so the rest of us just don't matter?

Watch out. If you don't matter while they're campaigning you sure won't matter after they get the job.

Did we ever find out if he's related to that emergency person they hired starting at $40,000 for a part-time job while she was still in school? Government or being the kid of a CEO is the only way to get overpaid like that. If she is his relative that's an automatic conflict of interest I think.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:37 am

I just heard that Tighe was maybe lying about something else to his close people who don't bother to go find out the truth. So what has happened here - has he ever come back and said that something in one of your stories wasn't right? Has he proven any of your stories wrong and asked you to change them? Any new facts?

Did John Tighe ever settle on one story about why they took that million dollars away from fixing roads and use it to pay debt that they didn't have scheduled to pay? There was no reason for Tight to come up with 3 different answers he gave over here and then changed because nobody believed them. So he finally makes up something he can use to convince people who don't know any better. And still people don't think he lies -- much.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:17 am

Post Re: JOHN TIGHE WHINES AT PUBLIC PARTY MEETING
Quote:
Does this mean that we'll see a story about how they busted in your door with a search warrant soon?

Was it a deputy or someone in the government who swore out the affidavit to get that lady's house searched? I think I heard it was somebody close to her political enemies. That should be looked into.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:13 pm