It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Sheriff Candidate 2010 

Post Re: Sheriff Candidate 2010
Thanks for mentioning the Flume article. I was going to link it earlier.

http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=6592

He looks young in that photo, doesn't he? But he's as old or older than Fred. It was a pretty good article. They included more detail on the crash. I guess if it's the only discipline, you cover it in more detail? Interesting anyway.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:18 pm
Alert A+

Mike Graves has sent in a notice that he will start spending some time at the Knotty Pine on a regular basis. Starting next Saturday, November 21, around noon, look for Mike in downtown Bailey having lunch. He would like for people who would like to ask him questions to drop in. He is planning to keep that schedule every two weeks.

Graves also says he will be making similar contacts on the other side of the pass. We'll keep you updated on the news as we are notified.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:15 pm
Profile WWW

He does look young and I am not sure but I too think Fred is the same age. Maybe 46.
I think that this is going to be great that he is going to meet with us in Bailey. Hopefully he gets a chance to meet a large number of us on both sides of the county. I have seen him before but never knew he was going to run for office. I would have never guessed he was a police officer either.
Thanks Mike for making yourself available to us. See you Saturday.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Hey, the Wegner campaign has pulled of a brilliant move here sending the two most unpopular men in Bailey to attach themselves to the new guy's campaign. Nobody will want to talk to the man with either one of those two there. The one little guy who monopolizes conversations with mind-numbingly boring stories (sorry :( but it's true) will keep anybody from even meeting the guy, never mind getting any answers to questions.

And the big guy who tries to control everything won't bring him any support either. Anybody who loses elections that bad can't help somebody win.

Good job Fred!! Those are really loyal followers to do that for you! Or was that your friend Monty's idea. It sounds like something he'd do. ;)

I think it just says that the new guy hasn't been in the area long enough to know who is who or he's a poor judge of character. Either way, it doesn't look good. :pi:

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:34 am

TAKE2,

What is your County position? You sound like one of those employees for the County that come in and stir things up!

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:27 pm

My county position?? Is that your stock attack? Pretty funny. I've been on here for years and you didn't bother to read anything I've ever written before launching a mindless defensive?

I have no county position. Nor am I trying to sell them anything. In fact, other than living here and being part of the community for years, I have no connection with the county government at all.

Just observant. :pi:

I do care about it and the people who try to march in, :bs: everybody, and take over. Everybody sees "those guys" for who they are.
Except them. ;) And maybe the new guy.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Not sure about what you mean about the mindless defense.

You were just asked a simple question. You chose to get bent.

How do you know the individuals and how do you know what or who they stand for? To me, your attack of them merely represents what a liberal would do.

Have a nice day "Hopey Changey"!

Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Wow, MTNLIFE. If someone says they don't like somebody, first that means they must work for the county and then when they don't, that makes them a "Hopey Changey" liberal? Quite a radical stretch, there. Makes entirely no sense. I see what take2 means about being defensive. Hit you close to home, did it? If you'd bothered to read any of take2's posts over the years, you'd know he/she is no liberal by any stretch.

Does your off-the-wall angry reaction mean your ox is being gored? It would fit the profile. Better quit while you're ahead. The temper tantrums won't help your case. And they damn sure won't help this new candidate.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:01 pm

Hmmm...

Which of the simple 4 sentences caused you to create paragraphs of attack? So, what you are doing is waiting for someone to question what a person writes and then twist it into something totally of subject just to divert attention. Another typical County Liberal tatic.

What is your County position and how long have you and Take2 been buddies? :roflol2:

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:15 pm

I didn't know you could follow 4 sentences in a row. It seems like your reading level is about third grade. Very weird. You make no sense at all and just start the name-calling and picking fights with everyone when no one said anything to you.

Or did they? :think:

Somebody's ON something. Messes up the brain function. :-^

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Knock it off. Tired of cleaning up fights everywhere you go, MTNLIFE. If you don't have anything better to say than just calling people names when they disagree with you, you're in the wrong forum.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:29 pm

I love it when people attack somebody stir up a bunch of crap and then try to play innocent by whining "all I did was ask a simple question." But I have a simple answer, take 2, maybe. It could be that the new guy doesn't want those guys around him but they keep clinging because they are so desperate to be important. If it's anything like SOME people :roll: you'll never convince them that they are bad for a campaign so it's hard to get rid of them. They probably name drop all the time so people will take them seriously. If they are like SOME people in this forum, there is no way to argue any sense with them. They don't get it. They would get very angry if anybody so much as looks at them crosseyed. No sense of reality at all. It's a shame. I think the new guy is talented and qualified, maybe even more qualified than Fred. He sure is easy to talk to and a lot friendlier than Fred the robot.

So I'll support the new guy if it comes to that. Those other unpopular guys are real hard to shake once they feel like they're entitled to the limelight. It's a tough situation. Like Fred being stuck with Monty. You have to wonder why he keeps him there unless it's because he can't afford to cross him because he'll turn around and attack. So let's give somebody a try who doesn't look like he has a lot to hide.

Take2 is right though. Being connected with those ridiculous people is going to kill Graves' chances. They are arrogant and pushy and controlling. And boring to boot. Not what he needs.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:05 am

I have to agree that the political hacks in question are going to taint Graves if he isn't careful. I can appreciate his desire to be inclusive of people and points of view, but I hope good judgment and reason will prevail. I have a feeling Graves is already getting feedback about the situation from Park County residents.

Here's what I see:

1. These individuals are legends in their own minds. And that's where it stops. No one takes them seriously. I think they are oblivious to the deficit of political capital they have.

2. They walk tall and carry big sticks which they dip into their hack buckets with great frequency. They pull out the sticks loaded with tarnish and give the unsuspecting a good brush. Tarnish by association should be a crime!

I am glad we have a candidate who is qualified and will hopefully give the powers that be a real race in 2010.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:40 am

I guess I don't get it???
I met with Mike last week at the Knotty Pine and I don't think you understand him. He made it clear that he was conducting his own campaign and there was no one on his "coat tails" like others might think. I dont know if anyone else on here has spoken with him but you might want to think about it. He will talk to you like a true professional.
I know after talking with him that he should be the next sheriff and he will be good for this county and the residents who live here.
I know and like Fred and his wife but this is a good time to bow out gracefully. This county needs a change for THE BETTER and Mike is it!
And for all of you who want to meet Mike he will be at the Knotty Pine again this Saturday and every other Saturday for a while.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:44 pm

He might think he's conducting his own campaign, mtnflower, but if other people keep dropping his name all the time saying they are involved in helping him, they can turn a lot of people off. And once you get that attached to you, the rumor just spreads like wildfire and can be hard to kick. Especially if the other side is working hard at spreading bad rumors like those people we have in government always do.

It's hard to tackle a campaign in a big race like this by yourself. His best shot, in my opinion, would be to get some politically unknown people to help him study the rules and be his listed campaign committee so he doesn't get bumped out on a technicality. It's probably more complicated than he thinks it is. They won't give him any breaks because the county clerk is in on the whole game with the crooks, I think. She will not give him a fair shake just like she made things hard for certain people last time.

We'll just have to wait and see. If he's got the political smarts, he has a chance. If he doesn't and won't listen to anybody, he probably won't get far. There's a lot of work to this and people have to step up to help if they want to see him succeed. NOT people who are stupid enough to not know how unpopular they are. Somebody who has run and lost shouldn't try to work on somebody else's campaign. And somebody who thinks everything should be about THEM and not the candidate should only be involved if they want the person to lose.

Remember that commissioner candidate who let these same people get involved in his campaign last time? He lost by a landslide. This is a loser group. Stay away from it if you want to look smart.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:17 am

I understand what you are saying about the others but what is he supposed to do? Is it call Fred and ask for help. To me it does not matter what or who is saying his name. I have met him and I don't really care who is backing him.

I am backing him so does that make him bad?

This county gets on their box and says alot of things but never acts. They attach themselves to one idea and OH THAT'S BAD! Ask yourself why the county officials are still after all these years backing Fred.
I WOULD NEVER BACK SOMEONE THESE COUNTY OFFICIALS ENDORSE! If you can't look past who is saying his name you are just like the rest! Go ahead and vote for Fred and ultimately John Tigh in 2 years.
He has a limited amount of political experience and an enormous amount of law enforcement experience. He was not born and raised here in this county and that seems to be the only drawback to his success. If Fred could come to me and tell me why this man should not be sheriff I would listen. But for 12 years Fred has never told me anything. He has spent money hand over fist and allowed this department to fail. We do have a large number of new cars, (some that are being driven to Westminster daily.)
So in ending I would like to ask you if you met Mike when I suggested you do. I was there again on Saturday and saw NO ONE. Lets all keep talking about him and never meet him. I am backing Mike Graves. I am not one who lost an election, nor do I have any county connection.
Wake up people and use your own minds.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:53 am

mtnflower, why are you hammering people who are trying to give out a warning?

If it looks like certain people are working with a candidate's campaign, it does affect how others see him, whether you like it or not. It's just a political reality, not an accusation. If you have some guy monopolizing his time and people can't stand the guy, they aren't going to join in and talk. They are going to avoid it because they know the candidate will barely get a word in edgewise and the citizen won't have a chance to get any answers. That's not a criticism of the candidate. That's a warning to the people wanting to attach themselves and act like they are in charge.

The same goes for anyone who tries to monopolize the candidate's time in public all the time with their personal concerns. They are hurting him, not helping. You can't be blind about it. You have to be politically smart to get anywhere in an election. If you're not, you can't win and nobody will want to stick their necks out to support you.

I know somebody who was going to meet and talk to him but went in and he wasn't available to talk with voters. He needs more political smarts, is all. And the two unpopular guys should pretend they support Fred, even if they don't. /:)

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:45 am

On the other hand, Fred is connected to Monty Gore and his baggage, Leni and the Lawyers, Doofless Doobie, and the creepy clerk.

So maybe Michael's group isn't so bad by comparisaon. :o

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:15 am

This is to SkyHigh and everyone who thinks I am trying to be rude.
1st I would like to thank you for posting the information about the Sheriff's office and all the civil lawsuits they are involved with. That was great homework! What I was trying to say is...
Mike and I have talked and he has made it clear to me that he is running his campain with no one else. He is not going to be influenced by the two that you are talking about. He has also asked that if I knew anyone who wanted to talk to him to tell them to call him or let them know where he will be for meetings.
You are entitled to think that these two are hanging around looking for scraps from Mike but I dont see that he is throwing them any. I guess I am not going to get upset and change my opinion of him just because I dont like two guys who may or may not be trying to get in his pocket. You were absolutely correct when you said, maybe it's better than Gore and Green and the others. I very much agree with that!!
I just want everyone to be informed on his standing. And I think SkyHigh you too are interested after I read your posts.
By the way, I was able to look up more information about the sheriffs office with some links you provided. There is information all over the internet.
This current group has cost us (tax payers) enough money and I believe it is time for a change. I do not want to see Fred paying money out of his pocket or my pocket anymore. There has to be a change in the guard and Fred & Monty you two should be ashamed of yourself. (1.5 Million for a medical issue)
So in closing I was not trying to be rude or hateful to you.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:00 am

It isn't about criticizing Graves as a candidate. It's about some people trying to take over with their personal concerns so the guy can't do a decent meet and greet because one person or the other thinks they can take up all of the time. That's a campaign problem, not a qualification problem. He looks like a very qualified candidate for Sheriff and heaven knows we need some changes with the stupid-spenders. Fred and his gang of high-maintenance snobs need to be reined in.

A lot of people won't get to talk to the new guy, though, because there are a few people who won't leave him alone and make other voters uncomfortable to talk to him because they are always dragging the discussion to their personal beefs. We need to know what the big issues are and how he will solve or work on them. We need to know if he is going to be honest with us and not like the current sheriff who had all the attention go to his head where he now thinks he should be worshipped whatever mess he makes.

It's probably not going to happen now because we're getting close to the time to take the early votes. I could easily support him, but a lot of people have already been put off. Maybe he should immediately stop hanging out where those unsavory characters hang out. Otherwise, he'll never get the stink off.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next