It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Sheriff Candidate 2010 

Post Re: Sheriff Candidate 2010
MtnMom, it seems to me like you are not reading my posts. I dont think you understand that Mike is not letting anyone run his campaign. Is it that you are used to Fred and the group not talking to anyone? Is Mike as the Sheriff not supposed to be fair and impartial to the citizens of this county? He must be accessible to the citizens, each and every one of them.

The county "Hen pecking" must stop and I dont think he is interested in it. By the way can you tell me why you are not talking to him? If the only reason is because of these other two men that's silly! I have been present at two meetings and have not been bitten so I think you all are ok. Shame on him for letting "them" be at an open meet and greet. I would rather be in a room with "them" and listen to what Mike has to say than read about one more Park County Sheriffs lawsuit in the Flume. You talk about the meetings as if you have been to them and these two guys are sitting up at the desk calling next question. I have never seen that.

So you all know there is going to be a large open forum with Mike in the near future. I dont know when or where yet but when I do I will post it. He is also working on a web page now so we can read about the issues and keep ourselves informed.

MtnMom it's never too late to decide who to vote for. We need to open our minds and keep a good possitive attitude for this county.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:11 pm

mtnflower, you are the one doing the "hen pecking" by calling me and others silly for our opinions. I've been watching politics and elections around here for many years and am perfectly capable of forming my own opinions without you coming in all of a sudden and criticizing others for having opinions about a candidate and campaign.

You don't know who you're talking to or whether or not we've talked to the candidate, so get off your high horse. I doubt if the candidate would want you in here fighting with us and maybe losing him votes in the process.

The early vote I'm talking about is March-April. There is very little time to get ideas expressed and a serious candidate needs to make every day count. Are you one who will participate in March and April or do you just expect everybody else to do the work for you?

Take a chill pill and respect the opinions of others. Instead of calling us names, why don't you tell us something positive you learned about the candidate and his plans. That would do you and him a lot more good than wasting time calling me silly. You're just going to irritate people who would probably support him even though they worry about who he hangs out with.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 pm

WOW
I really dont want to argue with you but....
I am glad you have been around and watching politics and elections for many years. That's great, but it seems to me that you have not been able to form an opinion on the candidate because of two men. The opinion that you have talked about is how you don't like these two men. The two who are
"spreading his name" shouldn't be hanging around him or "He'll never get the stink off". You have made it clear in many posts that you don't like them. I get it!
So now I will get off my high horse and try not to call anyone names. Or should I take a chill pill? :bowdown:
One way or the other this county is getting ready to have an option out of the same old same old that has been going on for years. And now that I know you are paying attention to the current situation I will sleep better.

By the way this is all my opinion which I too am entitled.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:47 pm

mtnflower you seem to be spending all your time arguing with people who aren't really criticizing the candidate and you're maybe misunderstanding what they are saying. It's frustrating to come in to read only to hear the same things over and over. Maybe you will argue with that sentence, too, but I have something to ask. For us who can't get out to meet him, what would you say is the major reason he is a better candidate in your opinion and what do you think he will do different? You seem to like him and that's a good reference. But what do you think makes him a good candidate for sheriff? I hope to meet him sometime.

Are you going to be in the vote in April? That's where he will need the help, right?

Thank you.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

I don't want to seem like I am arguing. I just want to ask a question. Why are we not asking why all of these issues with the department are not being rectified? It would appear that we are more interested in picking apart a really good candidate who has a very ethical and experienced law enforcement background. Who has also never been in politics or ran for office.

But if you are inclined to believe he is the status quo you are wrong. You have every right to vote for Fred and continue to complain about the current financial and professional problems of the sheriffs department. Oh yes he knows about most of the issues surrounding the department which are rumored to be unethical and is the "tip of the iceberg" as people in the community have put it.

He has stated that the first thing when he comes into office is to have an outside audit completed. This will be fair and impartial and nonbiased. This audit is to find out where a couple of million dollars is going. The county jail deficit is eating the rest of the budget. And to find out why the budget that has been set by the county commissioners cannot be followed, upon finding the problem he will correct it immediately.

Next thing is to increase training because there is no training budget. The amount of training our deputies have is by far subpar which then leads to an open door of liability for lawsuits and closed door settlements which cost all of us money.

He is also going to implement an open records policy on law enforcement records and financial records of the department. Currently you can not make heads or tails of the sheriff’s budget. There are no individual line item entries to show where the money is going. Upon stopping the deficit and the lawsuits he is going to push for public support for increasing the salaries through a tiered salary system for all law enforcement personnel. This will not be a “pay for performance” system which causes favoritism between the supervisor and the deputies. As he states, "it is a shame what you folks pay these men and women." He stated to me that, "you get what you pay for and to keep a deputy living in a summer cabin or mobile home is not cutting it." "These deputies are just below the poverty level and it is no wonder why the turn over rate is so high and why they treat the public the way they do."

He has stated that it is paramount to balance the department’s budget due to the loss of businesses and foreclosures in the county which makes for a reduced tax base and without any economic growth all county services are in trouble. Fiscal responsibility must be had.

If I have offended anybody I am sorry but the facts speak for themselves. These issues have nothing to do with a candidate who is trying to bring a fix to the problem. As he states, “I did not cause this mess but I damn sure am going to fix it!”
It is very relaxing to sit back and talk to Mike. He shows no animosity toward anybody and you need to make one of his meetings as soon as he posts his election calendar on his website. Better yet he states if you see him walking around Bailey or fueling up at the Loaf & Jug talk to him or call him at 303-877-2795 this is his phone number which is public record.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:23 am

mtnflower, you're making me crazy. You start out with two negative paragraphs, arguing the same things it seems you keep saying over and over again saying people are doing and saying things THEY NEVER SAID!!

Why would anybody want to listen to you repeat arguments that never happened, for another 6 times, in order to get one small scrap of information. Your first two paragraphs are full of defensive and incorrect statements. You can't seem to HELP arguing even when people are agreeing with you!!

It was so frustrating hearing the same wrong stuff over and over and over ad nauseum that I didn't even bother reading the rest. You should put the shovel down and quit attacking people here who haven't even done anything.

Criticize, criticize, criticize. Nobody said they didn't like the candidate. They don't like some people who are monopolizing him. And maybe you're part of the problem. You spend more time attacking potential voters and being defensive where it's unnecessary than you do ever discussing the issue or answering questions.

By the way - did you answer the question about whether you're ready to help the candidate in March and April?

Quote:
I don't want to seem like I am arguing. I just want to ask a question.
Yeah -- an argumentative one.
Quote:
Why are we not asking why all of these issues with the department are not being rectified?
Don't know why you're not asking that. The rest of us have been asking for a long time.
Quote:
It would appear that we are more interested in picking apart a really good candidate
NOBODY WAS PICKING HIM APART!!!

Sorry, but I can't read any more of this stuff that gets so defensive that we can't even discuss any issues regarding the SO. It's so messed up and complicated by your personal defensiveness, we get nowhere with important information.

So what about it mtnflower? Are you signed up to participate in the March and April process? Time is running out!! January 19 is the deadline to even get yourself in the right party!! Why do you keep avoiding the question and just slamming everybody else for nothing instead? People who aren't willing to take on even that easy part of the work are the ones supporting the status quo. Are you one of those? That's a passive vote for Fred if you won't get off your butt and do even that little bit.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4