It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Non-responsive response from Sheriff 

Post Non-responsive response from Sheriff
The Sheriff never returned calls to comment on the story about how his deputies refused a crime report. The story says they were ordered not to take it. The Sheriff didn't answer to comment on why they were ordered not to accept it. But he did send a letter to the Flume to respond to something else he wanted to talk about instead of answering the article. But I guess he was pretending he was answering the article? Scared of parkbull Sheriff?

Here is the story:
PARK COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE REJECTS OFFICER REPORT

Instead of answering parkbull, Fred wrote a different letter saying that the statement Graves was trying to leave with them was pointless because they already looked into the case. If it was so meaningless, why was Graves told "Per my chain of command I can't take this"? Why didn't they just take it and file it if it was so meaningless? This stinks like a coverup to me. And Fred also talked about a deputy by name that the story didn't include. I wonder what that was about? Can't he be sued by the deputy if he's not allowed to talk about personnel? The Flume says his letter is "in response to a posting on parkbull.com" but it was a news article and he didn't answer it at all. I know that he talked to parkbull all the time in the past. Maybe it's only when they say nice things about him. You have to treat Fred like a little god or he flies off the handle.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:23 am

Post Re: Non-responsive response from Sheriff
I think you're right about the god thing. Little is the key word. I heard that Fred caused a couple of scenes at the republican meeting last Wednesday. I wasn't there but have talked to a couple of people who were. One said Fred called Mike a liar in the meeting. And then there is talk that Fred was calling bugging the bosses at places where employees were supporting Mike. You'd have to ask them for yourselves - people who were at the meeting who aren't working for Fred or making money off him. (Like county employees who cover for everybody.)

Fred thinks he is such a hero. He is just a dirty fighter and whinerbaby who is coming undone.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:54 am

This was probably a big yawn until the sheriff turned it into a big story. Now everybody is going to ask questions. And I think we should know why parents weren't warned, if there was an investigation about our schools. Wegener said nothing "criminal" happened. Does that mean we shouldn't know if something inappropriate was reported so we could ask our kids about it?

Yes, stinky.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:51 am

It doesn't make sense. In his letter to the paper, the Sheriff says the law says he can't give out any information on the subject. Then he gives out when he says it happened, who all looked at it and adds the name of a deputy? :shrug:

I don't get it.

He didn't explain why they turned Graves away at two Sheriff offices and wouldn't take his statement. Saying some case was already looked at doesn't mean they should turn away something that might be new. They can't say it wasn't new if they didn't take the report, can they? This just looks really weird.

From what the Sheriff said in his letter, it looks like the allegations were coming up around the time little Emily was killed and during the time the Sheriff's department was giving itself an awards ceremony.

I don't care what they say about it. I want it looked at again by somebody who can be trusted, not the leach lawyer they pay too much or their own buddies covering their own butt. I'm glad the FBI has it. We have a right to know if our kids were in danger long before the shooter got there.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:36 am

From what I've heard, it has nothing to do with our shooting, but with the "fleeing" x-resource officer that was assigned to the school. Freds letter in the Flume sure did make him look guilty about something hu? Looks like somehow we do need to get an outside source to look into it.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:39 am

Wow I just went and read Freds editorial again. He seems really paranoid. And why did this Deputy leave the department? How come this is the first we've heard any of this, how come the Flume didn't do an article. I really enjoyed the part where Fred talks about that it was investigated and nothing was found and the case was closed? Like we're suppose to believe that. Park County makes up there own rules and laws as they go. What case Fred? What did this deputy do? Your commentary was not specific, it left more questions than answers.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 am

AnnieOakley, we appreciate your participation here. However, your posts have been edited and you are warned against tying explicit criminal accusation to any individuals. You will no doubt argue that you technically didn't do that, but the warning stands. Please use better judgment.

Thank you.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:07 am

That's true. We don't know what anybody did except the Sheriff. We know he said he couldn't talk about a case that may or may not have been covered up. And then he published it wide open in the newspaper. I think that's so dumb that he might lose the election just for that. We can't be accusing crimes without the information. Our big problem is we don't know what happened because it was hushed up somehow. I really want to know what that investigation was about and why parents weren't warned. How many kids did they talk to? How many people were allowed to give statements? Why did the Sheriff tell his officers not to accept any statement from Mr. Graves?

We have a right to know that and Fred is still refusing to answer anything about the story.l

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:25 am