It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Monica Jones TODAY 

Post Monica Jones TODAY
I didn't see a topic for Monica Jones, the commissioner candidate who got the credit card information and is circulating a petition to run as an unaffiliated candidate. I checked on her and found out that she does a lot of volunteer work with students at Fairplay South Park High to help the struggling kids get scholarships. Also I heard that she used to work for the Sheriff's department so she knows a lot about those problems, too.

Maybe she won't mind I started a topic for her - hope not. She is collecting petition signatures and will be at the Knotty Pine today from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. according to a letter she wrote.
http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2010 ... ofile=1055

THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE:

Knotty Pine in Bailey on Sunday, May 2, from 11 to 4 (TODAY)
Fairplay Fairbarn on Monday, May 3, from 5 to 7
Badger Basin in Hartsel, Tuesday, May 4, from 7 to 7

(There will be other times to meet her and sign, but this is the beginning schedule.)

She will be on the general election ballot if she gets enough signatures. So if you want another choice on the ballot, help her just get her name on so we have good choices. People who petition to get public support to get on the ballot only have a short time to get all of their signatures, so please come out and make it happen.

And don't forget to vote in the fire district and recreation district elections on TUESDAY, MAY 4!

Thank you Park County! \:D/

Sun May 02, 2010 6:54 am

Post Re: Monica Jones TODAY
We went to the Knotty Pine to sign her petition and while we were there in walked the Wissels. I found that interesting and oddly coincidental.

Sun May 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Wissels at the Knotty Pine??? That had to be a first. I guess we now know who Lillian's really scared of in this race. Was Monica flattered? :)) Still, pretty tacky to just show up where your opponent planned an event. That's funny - "coincidental". There's nothing coincidental with the Wissels.

What did you think of Monica?

Sun May 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Thank you Mountain Mom for starting this topic for me. Being new to all of this is a learning experience and I am still working on getting it all together.
Thank you to those who came out today to sign my petition. I appreciate your support. I would be happy to meet anyone who would like to sign my petition.
To find out more about me please go to http://www.monicajones2010.com.

Sun May 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Monica, nice meeting you today.

MountainMom, I was impressed with the things Monica had to say at the Meet the Candidates held at the Crow Hill Fire Station and wanted to sign her petition so we'd have a GOOD choice for commissioner. I asked her today what her qualifications were and first she said she really didn't have any (i.e., career politician). Actually, she's got a lot on her resume.

I hope she gets on the November ballot so I can vote FOR a candidate, rather than voting for the lesser of two evils.

Sun May 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Thanks for the info and topic on Jones. I say we hunt her down, sign her petition and FORCE HER TO BE COMMISSIONER!!! YAHHH HA HA HA!! >:)

I sure hope she has a sense of humor. It will be nice to have another option. :?

Mon May 03, 2010 8:34 am

Love the devil, ihavealtitude, and just to let you know if I didn't have a sense of humor, I wouldn't be petitioning to become county commissioner. :D
Please feel free to hunt me down, I would appreciate the signatures.

Mon May 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Monica, you really impressed me at the Meet the Candidates night at Platte Canyon Fire station. I haven't been able to make it anywhere to sign your petition. Do you have anything else scheduled? I'd really like to see you on the ballot.

Tue May 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Sorry for the slow response, IamWoman, I have been out working on signatures for the last couple of days. I would appreciate getting your signature on my petition. I will be at the Knotty Pine this Saturday from 9 to 11. If that is not convenient for you, let me know and I can arrange to meet you another time. I will also be at Prather's Market in Fairplay on Monday, May 10th and Thursday, May 13th from 4 to 7 both days.
Thanks for the support.

Thu May 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Monica! What's next?

Please keep posting your schedule so people can hunt you up and force their signatures on you. :roflol2:

It would be great to get the usual suspects out of the government and get somebody independent in.

Fri May 14, 2010 7:59 am

It may look as though I have dropped off the planet, but I am still here.
I had made some commitments to the High School before I decided to petition onto the ballot and I needed to fulfill on those commitments these past couple of weeks.
With graduation and the senior class dinner complete and no BOCC meetings this week, I am focused on obtaining the signatures needed to be on the ballot this November.
I will be in the Bailey area this Tuesday, June 1. Please give me a call if you would like to sign my petition and we can arrange a time and place to meet.
Thanks,
Monica
303-905-9625

P.S. If Tuesday does not work for you, let me know and we can arrange another time. Maybe I should get a shirt with a big bulls eye on it so I would be easy hunt down.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:59 am

Monica, I heard that you and another commissioner candidate were threatened with being physically beat up by another candidate's son because he said you were criticizing his brother. I hope that's not true. Is the parent candidate just using this to try to make you and the other candidate look bad? Nobody would criticize a candidate's child in a campaign, would they? I didn't see or hear either one of you say anything about anybody's kids either in your writing or debate. Why would she use her children for politics? I can't relate to that, ever using my kids that way.

Are you ok? Is it under control? Or, is it untrue? This is a terrible way to be holding elections in this county. Nothing will ever be the same here with people willing to do anything including physical violence to take an election. If this is true, I hope the Sheriff is taking action. This kind of thing has to stop.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 am

WHAAAAAAATTT??? A politician's kid is threatening to physically beat up a candidate running against the parent??? Am I reading that right? Here?? That's NUTS!!! Tell us what's going on. Nobody deserves that kind of threat. So who would have told him that you said something you didn't say? Was it the parent/candidate? Just trying to scare you out of the race?

I bet you're rethinking that shirt with the bullseye. :sadly:

You could have expected that kind of Chicago stuff from the Sheriff or lawyer, but a woman running for commissioner in Park County? This is definitely crazy.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:07 am

I learned about the threat against me on Tuesday morning, but as I had posted, I was out obtaining signatures.
I did file for and received a temporary restraining order on Wednesday. At this time, I do not know if the person has been served with the order. I will go back to court on the 14th to work to make the order permanent.
I have never said or posted anything negative about this person's brother.
I do not know what, if anything is being pursued by the Sheriff's Office, but I did file a complaint with the District Attorney's Office.
As you can tell, it has been a tough week having to focus on something so negative when I have been having so much fun meeting people, listening to concerns and getting signatures. I thought there would be threats against me, but I thought it would be regarding decisions I made after I was in office, not before I was even on the ballot.
He will not scare me out of this race. I will not give anyone that power over me. I have and will continue to take the precautions necessary to keep myself and my family safe.
Thank you for your concerns and I appreciate your support.
Monica

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:35 pm

The posts that appeared after this were off topic and referenced other threads and historical events that were not related to this person. They were not deleted, they were split out to be their own thread.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Thank you for all of those who signed my petition. I appreciate your support.
It is official, I am on the November ballot.
I may look to get that bulls eye t-shirt with the >:) in the middle.
Thank you, I look forward to the next few months!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:52 pm

MonicaJones wrote:
Thank you for all of those who signed my petition. I appreciate your support.
It is official, I am on the November ballot.
I may look to get that bulls eye t-shirt with the >:) in the middle.
Thank you, I look forward to the next few months!!!!

Way to Go!!! =D> =D> =D>
I knew you wouldn't let the b@st@rds get you down! That mustve been hard work and you got it done. Good for you and thanks! \:D/

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:48 pm

>:) HaHAAAAA!!! >:) WE GOT 'ER!! >:)

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:01 pm
Alert A+

Congratulations to Monica and other candidates who got their support directly from the voters, one at a time. That can't be an easy thing to do. It's already an interesting election year - destined to become more interesting as it progresses.

Activate ~ Educate ~ Participate ~ It's Your government.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Alert A+

Frequent question needing clarification: District 3 Commissioner Candidate Monica Jones is an Independent (unaffiliated) candidate. She is neither a Republican nor Democrat and will not appear on any primary election ballot for August 10. Jones will run against the winner of the Republican primary and the race will be decided in the November 2, 2010 election.

Republican primary voters will choose a candidate for District 3 Commissioner from three GOP candidates - incumbent Mark Dowaliby, challenger and former temporary appointee Lillian Wissel, and new challenger Samantha Bertin.

The winner of the primary will then run against the independent candidate, Monica Jones, for the District 3 seat.

The Primary Election process is a nominating event. Each party selects its preferred candidate to go on to run in the November general election against candidates who are not in the same party. That is why there are separate ballots for each major party and not a combined ballot for all voters. The Primary is a followup to the Assembly when the Assembly does not result in a final decision for the respective party. It opens the Nominations up to the voters at large in the party.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:34 pm
Profile WWW