It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Monica Jones TODAY 

Post Re: Monica Jones TODAY
Election Day, November 2, is fast approaching and I decided to kick off the two month mark this last Tuesday with a trip to Guffey. I arrived at Rita’s Place a little early but was invited in and allowed to camp out for a couple of hours. I was introduced to a great group of people who asked me questions, told me about their community, informed me of their struggles with county government and offered solutions. I had a wonderful time and appreciate their openness and honesty. I am scheduled to be back at Rita’s Place on Tuesday, September 14 at 9 am.

I have contacted a couple of the local HOA’s, asking to be allowed to introduce myself at upcoming Board Meetings.

September 4, 2010, I will be at Harris Park Bingo—their last bingo night of the season. :((

I will be posting updates of where I will be as they become available. If anyone is hosting an event or any group that would like me to attend a meeting, please let me know, I look forward to meeting as many citizens of this county as possible.

I have yard signs available, for anyone interested, I also have large and medium highway or roadway signs if anyone has property where I can place these large signs.

I appreciate your help in getting my name out to the community and I look forward to speaking with the citizens of Park County.

Thank you,
Monica Jones

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Glad to hear from you, Monica. How was Bingo? Time to crank things up again now that you know who you're running against. Good luck!

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Thank you, InsideOut.

As usual, I had a great time at bingo in Harris Park, I didn’t win anything, but I had fun. Moreover, I am impressed with the dedicated group of volunteers who put this community event on every Saturday night of the summer. It was stated that they raised around $2,600.00 this year and are donating those funds to two local organizations. =D>

This weeks schedule:
Wednesday, September 8 – Hartsel Fire Protection District Board Meeting – 6 pm
Thursday, September 9 – South Park High School Girls Volleyball
Saturday, September 11 – Pine Junction Park and Ride – donuts and coffee available – 7-9:30 am
Burland HOA meeting – Shepherd of the Rockies Lutheran Church – 10 am

Next week:
Tuesday, September 14 – Rita’s Place, Guffey – 9 am

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to meet or know of an event I should attend.

Thank you,
Monica
719-837-2942
303-905-9625
mjones@monicajones2010.com
http://www.monicajones2010.com

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:21 am

Monica:

It was great seeing you this morning at Pine Jct. Thanks for the signs!

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:04 am

Monica is our only hope. Dowaliby didn't do anything until he was forced to and didn't stand up for any of us until he was embarrassed into it. He went to DOLA to get money to build the new building even when it was clear that the public is strongly opposed to it. He says he didn't want the new building, but he worked real hard to get the financing package together to put it up! Pay attention to what they do!

It was nice to find out that Monica is a fiscal conservative. At least that's what it sounds like. It's not like she's a Democrat. :p C'mon Park County voters! Vote for somebody who isn't a fake Republican or an out and out anti-business liberal!

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:16 am

Never running for public office, I guess I was a little naive. :-^ I didn’t realize that the running part is truly running, full out, hit the ground in the morning and drop into bed at the end of the night. I am having a great time, but have slacked on my Park Bull posting duties. My apologizes. :bowdown:

Over the last several weeks, I have attended many Board of County Commissioner meetings, a Public hearing on oil and gas drilling, a Tea Party meeting, a Chamber of Commerce mixer, a VFW breakfast, a Tea Party rally, a NRA dinner, two town hall meetings on 60-61 & 101, let alone the ordering and mailing out of over 5000 postcards and doing what I like best—meeting the people of Park County. \:D/

The next 21 days will prove to be just as hectic. Today Wednesday, October 13, starts with a breakfast for local businesses hosted by the Mountain Resource Center and the day will end with a Hartsel Fire Board Meeting (start time 6 pm for anyone interested). Thursday, October 14, the BOCC is discussing the 2011 Budget and the decision regarding oil and gas drilling. Saturday, I will again be at the Pine Junction park and ride (honk, wave or stop by for coffee, donuts and a yard sign) 7:30-11:00 and I believe this Saturday night is Bingo in Como.

The following week I go back to school—that is to start meeting with the graduating seniors from South Park to discuss their future. The rest of the week is starting to fill up but I am sure I can fit more into my schedule.

I still have large 4x8 signs that I would like to place in the Bailey/Pine Junction area. If anyone knows of private land owners, on major thoroughfares, who have space available and would be willing to post these larger signs, please contact me. I also have smaller yard signs available for anyone interested. I would appreciate any help in getting my name out to the voters of Park County.

Thank you,
Monica
719-837-2942
303-905-9625
mjones@monicajones2010.com

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:43 am

Hey Monica, get a pickup truck, put one of your big signs in it, and park (legally) by the side of the highway during rush hour. :D If you wave, I'll wave back. :wavey:

NRA? Really??? Good for you!!! 8) Do you own guns and support the 2nd Amendment? Just thought I'd ask. Commissioners can't do much about our right to carry, but it can't hurt to know.

Was your opponent at the NRA event?

MONICA JONES FOR COMMISSIONER

Image >:)

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:19 am

Monica, the job will probably be easier than the campaign, if you do it the way the current lazy people do it. It might be easier even if you work hard at the job. I can't imagine running for office.

Keep up the good work!

What InsideOut said - I agree. :wavey: Wake up Bailey!

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:34 am

The sign will be in the back of the truck and I will be parked in Pine Junction at the park and ride Saturday morning. I will also work to get out next week during rush hour. I am not exactly sure where I will legally park, but I will find someplace. :think:

I am a gun owner and support 2nd Amendment rights. I had the opportunity a few weeks back to take a Handgun Shooting for Women Course that I really enjoyed--CCW is just around the corner.

I did not see my opponent at the NRA dinner.

Thank you both for the advice, questions and support. It is greatly appreciated!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:14 pm

The GOP has had a stranglehold on this county for years. They are the worst at managing things. We have gone further and further downhill year after year. They have abused the taxpayer without any shame and lined their own pockets to the point that Charlie Rangel would be proud. Sooner or later, they will all get caught at it when we have some ethical law enforcement. Unfortunately, that's not this year. Just look at the behavior of their old county attorney and current stuffed robe, Steve Groome. He is the kind of person our current officials all love. A man who will take advantage of his judicial power to help their friends and punish people who criticize them. He is out of line and incompetent and it didn't start when he became a judge. His friends are still running our county government, don't forget.

I will vote for anyone who is not a Republican. I don't see any Democrats or I'd probably not vote for them, either. There's really no difference. They all want to take advantage of power they don't deserve. So that leaves only Tancredo, Jones and Price for me. The parties are worse than any tyrrany the world has ever seen and our local taxing tyrants are no exception. They don't even know what it means to be a conservative. I heard Dowaliby say he is pro business but then he wants to punish the developers and builders who will eventually save our economy. He doesn't know they are the only businesses that would continue to produce in our barren county?

Maybe none of it makes any difference. Maybe we have to wait for the whole place to go broke before people realize what's happening to our county and country.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:01 am

You brought up some good points shrug. Construction and development are important if we expect to ever pull out of the economic pit we're always in. Not lots of construction - but it shouldn't be stopped and discouraged automatically. Without more building, new business isn't going to move here. No new jobs except the constant expansion of the government.

So, Monica, how much do you know about construction and permitting? Are you ready to deal with those subjects?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 am

SkyHigh, over the years I have worked as a bookkeeper (sometimes laborer) for several businesses including a restoration/construction company, roofing contractor, plumbing contractor and landscaping company. Each of these companies had different types of permitting that I worked with on a limited basis. My husband and I were the General Contractor when we put an addition on our home in Bailey and built our home in Hartsel. So, I do have some experience but will need to get up to speed on the recent changes.
I hope that answers your question.

On another note:
I addressed the Board of County Commissioners this morning asking them to do a better job of informing the general public of the meetings they are conducting.
Over the last three weeks, the BOCC has held several meetings on Monday and/or Tuesday. Although the Board followed Sunshine Laws, they only posted the meeting agendas at the Annex in Fairplay, not on the website or in an Email blast. This means that a person would have to go to the Annex to look on the board outside the BOCC room to find if a meeting was taking place or call the Administrative Assistant every morning to find out when meetings were scheduled.
I was assured by the Board that they would now put all meeting agendas on the website.
=D>

Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:06 pm

They've gotten complaints about the meeting notices before, several times over the years. They still do it and will do it again as soon as they have another meeting they don't want anybody to attend. Promises aren't worth crap from this administration. They lie. They cheat the public. They ignore ethics and responsibilities. They don't even know how to be honest or reliable. They knew it was a problem and decided to give the taxpayers the finger anyway. So if someone seemed to not know we weren't informed, they are a lying sack of you-know-what. That includes every elected official and employee who has the duty to publish notices. Some of these people are criminal in their immature, corrupt behavior.

I appreciate your efforts and speaking up for us, but they will continue to ignore their responsibilities whenever it suits them. When you are commissioner, we know that won't happen. You will keep us informed. In the meantime, we have to put up with being treated as annoyances by Dowaliby and the other two brainless freeloaders.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:03 pm

NJ you grouch! I guess we know why you're king of the cynics club. :p

Monica, you did great! It's now on public record at an open meeting and they can't say they weren't told it was a problem. Of course they've known about it for a long time that people were upset with them hiding meetings all the time, but now it's on record. They pretend they don't read Parkbull but all of us who know people who work for the government know that's another one of their lies.

I know people who complained to them about it but they were just ignored. Monica shows up at the meetings and watches them. Nobody else does that. Everybody complains, nobody goes. Thanks, Monica!

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:34 am

They will go back to their old ways if we don't elect Monica to change things. Tighe is a lame duck and doesn't care about anybody but himself. Not that he hasn't always. He probably gets the agenda, shreds it, then considers the public informed because he knows about it and that's all that matters. Every year, they get more and more entrenched and arrogant.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 am

jethroB wrote:
They will go back to their old ways if we don't elect Monica to change things. Tighe is a lame duck and doesn't care about anybody but himself. Not that he hasn't always. He probably gets the agenda, shreds it, then considers the public informed because he knows about it and that's all that matters. Every year, they get more and more entrenched and arrogant.

Tighe is a lame brain. His bosom buddy the Sheriff will give him a fat job when he's term limited out of the BOCC. That is, if he isn't busted for corruption before then. We can only hope.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:23 pm
Profile ICQ

Speaking of term limits, I don't think we should remove term limits on the DA. He's brand new in office and wants to stay there forever? That isn't a good idea. Term limits on everybody would be a good idea. They just take possession of their offices and forget who really owns the desk when they are there too long.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:49 pm

My apologies. I forgot I was in the Monica thread. I shouldn't have brought up the term limit question here because it has nothing to do with Monica's campaign. Oops. :oops:

GO MONICA! =D>

Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:00 pm

No problem MountainMom. I agree with term limits for everyone. As the bumper sticker reads and I have had quoted to me during this campaign.

Politicians and Diapers
Need to be Changed
For the Same Reason :-[

Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:25 am

It sounds like you have a varied background. More than anybody that's run for office in a long time.

Let me get this straight. The commissioners plan a meeting and then just put the info up in their own hallway or something and call that notice to the public? Don't they know what their own county looks like? Who but an idiot would make the argument that hanging it up in your own hall or building is notifying the public? Don't they have people who can take the 30 seconds to put it on the website? They know how to do it because other meetings are there and all the stuff they want to pat themselves on the back for - they manage to get all of that up there. But not the meetings? It's obvious they are trying to hide them, then. Nothing else makes sense.

If they were real employees, they'd be canned. Nothing but a bunch of huge leaks in the payroll bucket.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:53 pm