It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:33 am

When Candidates are Threatened 

Post When Candidates are Threatened
The poster who was flinging false accusations at people and this forum is permanently banned for implying that a website and innocent posters are at fault for her candidate's family member threatening innocent people. False accusations are what prompted the threats to begin with and false accusations can only lead to more threats and trouble.

There were no such discussions here a year ago, as the poster claimed, and the discussions in this Park County Forum were not connected in any way with the two persons the man threatened. In fact, the person who brought up the issue of residence also criticized the two candidates whom the son later verbally attacked. Therefore, he was obviously given false information by someone having nothing to do with this website.

Since this is obviously a false accusation on the part of the banned poster, and the original threats stemmed from false accusations, we find it irresponsible to try to make this forum or posters in this forum potential victims of other unfounded threats. It is distasteful to see someone in a political campaign try to point the finger where it obviously doesn't belong just to throw attention off the guilty party or parties and cause trouble for a site or persons who were never involved. You are no longer welcome here. We will save your tracking information in case further action is required.

We would further ask that this topic end here unless there is more pertinent news or new incidents on this issue.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Post Re: When Candidates are Threatened
I won't mind if you decide to delete this, but this might be new.

Caution is called for. More vulgarity. I can't believe this guy doing this is 27. Seems like teenage stuff.

(Edited - removed link to offensive content. Please contact take2 if you want the link, but the site does not want to be sending readers to that kind of material.)

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Something I don't understand is how they could arrest Don Fensler for complaining about his roads and haul him off to jail charged with harrassment, but they don't do anything on this case? Sure seems very weird to me. Cause that wasn't about politics, that was about brutal, mindless threats for no reason. And the info didn't come from here because it was the opposite of saying it was from the people who were threatened. So will he get away with it? I think the law enforcement have to answer some questions about that. The story in the Flume said he blamed it all on this forum, but we here all know that can't be true because he wouldn't have come up with those two names from reading it in here.

Instead of THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT you've got THE PARKBULL MADE ME DO IT :o

It isn't hard for me to imagine where the kid gets it from.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 pm

take2 wrote:
I won't mind if you decide to delete this, but this might be new.

Caution is called for. More vulgarity. I can't believe this guy doing this is 27. Seems like teenage stuff.

So THAT'S the other name involved! :thud: What kind of families are running this county??? No wonder we have such a mess!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:23 am

Quote:
Instead of THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT you've got THE PARKBULL MADE ME DO IT :o

Now ya'all can see what I mean:
http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=7180

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:49 am

This is just unbelievable. How did we get to this point? How did this beautiful county produce such people as we see campaigning this year? How do we have an arrogant public official threatening people's jobs if they don't support him? How do we have another campaign whose leaders think nothing of calling people names in public and fighting like mad with every little sign of disagreement? Why is it that so many people here can't take responsibility for their own actions? They don't seem to understand right from wrong any more. Where did they get the idea that conflict of interest, abuse of power, mishandling of somebody else's money, lying, hiding what belongs to others, and just acting like third grade bullies becomes ok for them because they live off the public dollar?

Why does someone think they are entitled to a position above all others and that any means they can find to get it is ok for them to do but not for others? Where is the public apology from the people who threatened, or clearly caused to be threatened, innocent people? Where is the personal responsibility that is supposed to come with being a conservative? Or just a stable adult? Where is the common sense and common decency?

You officials are not entitled to your paychecks, your jobs, and your sense of superiority. You are entitled to be held accountable. Same goes for you people who are running for office. Run hard, but don't threaten or hurt other people followed by crazy excuses to back you up.

And, yes, I do know what the other name is that's involved in this. It's a power family in county government where high paychecks are spent on people who obviously haven't even taken the time to make sure their families are growing and learning to be responsible adults. Just how many people are getting fat paychecks out of our pocketbooks who are no better than childish protectors of "the way things are and that's how it's gonna be" mentality?

This county has been diving into the dumpster of government for ten years, now, and it's time we found some grownups to go in and clean up. The District Attorney needs to look at more than just Hartsel Fire. They need to enforce election laws and violation of other public official duties and take it seriously or we get a new DA. Mr. DA, if you don't care about corruption in our government and protecting the citizens from ALL crime and abuse, then we need to find someone who will work for us and stand up to the Sheriff who campaigns from his public office using his public staff, to the clerk who changes ballots after all possible deadlines are passed and hides public documents until deadlines are passed. We need a DA who will care that county commissioners are constantly violating any common sense ethics about conflict of interest and taking discounts, "benefits", and other unethical advantage of their office to the detriment of the public.

That's my soapbox for this morning. We all are entitled to "vent" but we are not all entitled to threaten people like an out of control teenager. For those who don't know the difference - go work someplace more suitable to your level of maturity and character.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:53 am