It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Letter from Michael Graves 
Alert A+

Post Letter from Michael Graves
Michael Graves, Candidate for Park County Sheriff, sent the following letter with a request that it be posted here. He would like to clarify that he does not have campaign members speaking for him...

Quote:
I want to take this opportunity to clarify that posts on the forums are not directly associated with my campaign. There is not a person in this county that has been authorized to speak on my behalf or in my stead.

I have been approached by some voters who have stated they will not be supporting me due to the many negative and derogatory posts on these forums. These statements are independent of me and of my campaign. Yes there are some serious issues that I see, with the PCSO, however other than those statements that I have uttered none of the others are mine in any way.

I recognize that emotions are running very high in this campaign and those most passionate have found a place to vent their discontent with the PCSO. Whether this venting is legitimate or not is not for me to judge. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions on a public forum.

Having made this statement, in venting your discontent you should remember to be respectful of others that do not share your point of view or even your philosophy. It would also behoove you all on both sides of this campaign to only speak or post factual information. Your freedom of speech does not insulate you from libel or slander either giving or receiving it.

For those who support me I am so grateful to you for your hard work and dedication and yes your passion. For those of you who are still undecided please take the time to filter the passion and look at the facts I have presented in various venues and judge me based on my ability and past performance as a law enforcement officer. My desire is only to bring a “higher standard” of law enforcement to our community and our county.

My hope is that all who read this first public comment from me will take it in the spirit that it is given.

Respectfully,
Michael Graves

P.S. I will be holding a:
Meet with Michael Graves
Park County Fair Grounds
Fairplay:
August 3, 2010
6PM-8PM

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:03 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Letter from Michael Graves
Good move. There's still some concern about who he'll hire but at least this seperates him from the "crazy brigade" a little. The call for civility is welcome.

Did everybody see the article on the coroner races?
http://www.denverpost.com/election2010/ci_15636760

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:49 am

I don't know. He sat by and let a lot of people get beat up and defamed. It's pretty late to be putting this out now. It's a good statement though.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:41 am

That's a good letter! It looks like he's learning his lesson..

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:03 am

I hope I don't get thrown out for this like I would someplace else. This is not a man I can support. I can't stand Fred Wegener and wanted somebody to come replace him. But not this. The more I see of the people around Mike Graves, the more I see him as worse. There can be only one reason that somebody attracts that many vicious threatening personalities and doesn't get away from them. He must not see them as doing anything wrong. He must think it's ok to hurt whoever they want to, do whatever is necessary, right or wrong, to get what he wants. He writes this letter at the last minute after people have been hurt and he thinks he might lose votes. He's not doing it because it's right. That's just a politician at work. I don't think it's good at all.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:19 am

I got two emails telling me that one of Mike, Tammy and Lillian's people named the girls from the school who got pregnant. It was done in public. That's got to be the worst thing I've ever seen in a campaign. There's absolutely no reason for that.

I'm sure glad I waited to vote.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:42 am
Alert A+

After decades of watching politics, we know how much courage and hard work it takes to run for public office. It's especially challenging when the opponents have strong, established name recognition.

Thank you all.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:39 am
Profile WWW

I hear Graves sealed the image of being a willing member of the crazy brigade by having his picture taken several times with them worshipping him. It looks like this letter he wrote was a distraction from reality like other issues. I can't believe any of it any more.

My personal opinion is, we lucked out. Not that Fred is good, but this could have been worse. Mike and his friends now like to slam Parkbull, the Flume, and everybody who allowed anything they don't like to be said or who voted against Mike, like anybody slams people or media who trip them up with the truth. I'm sorry I gave him any consideration at all. He wasn't worth our time. He'll be permanently attached to the committee he tried to run away from to get votes. So will the others who are still going crazy not wanting to believe election results. Zero credibility. Now we have to live with a worse situation than we had before.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:35 am

He works in a gang district so he should have known he'd be judged by the gang he belongs to. No explaining this. I'm glad this election is done with. People got tired of being beat up every day. His excuses are hollow.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:56 am

I got a disturbing email from a very positive person active in the community. They asked if I had seen Mike's crazies calling the rest of us "unbelievers" and saying they would show us what they believe. If that doesn't sound like a cult, I don't know what does. The terrorists say the same thing about infidels. They are zoned out of reality and want to destroy anything they see as opposing or disagreeing with them. It's obvious they attack and try to hurt people who have nothing to do with their problems, like publicly naming those girls who got pregnant. What good does that do? Will they just madly attack anybody? We have to hope they are being watched by a gang expert instead of lead by one.

That bb seems to be especially obsessed with blaming everybody but herself for her own stupidity and failures and attacking shadows she's decided to personally hate for some reason. How could Mike not see this nutty thing growing? Some of those businesses connected with them have already been deserted by some customers. I've never seen anything like this in our community. Such stupid destruction. :sadly: Mike has helped to destroy our community, not help it.

I don't even want to see or be seen with Mike ever again. I'm afraid it would rub off. Thanks to everybody who brought us the information we needed here. We had time to reconsider. At least I did. That group is now officially a worse thing in the county than Fred's group, in my opinion.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:49 am