It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:05 am

The Park County Deputy Jeff story 

Post The Park County Deputy Jeff story
I'd like to say thank you to Jordan and Parkbull for not allowing this story to get out of control on this website. When I tried to post some wild accusations and angry questions, you pulled the reins and stopped me from going too far down that road. You were the smart ones and I was wrong to try to push it. The people who were allowed to go crazy with the accusations are now wiping egg off their face. (It might even be recalled salmonella eggs.)

Everybody go get this week's Flume and you'll see what I mean. They deserve to sell the extra paper for all of the work they did on a large portion of this story. The girl who got pregnant is interviewed in the story and says she wasn't a student at the school and didn't meet the deputy there. She was also old enough to make that choice. And - the big ta-daa - that was her second child.

The Flume says that a man who is now running for Sheriff as a write-in also built a website about Dr. Walpole that was really attacking the Super. The name of the website is even bad and I won't link it because it went to a site that my computer said would put malicious software on my hard drive. Sparks is the name of the guy who has decided he's going to run against the Sheriff and force him to investigate things. Yeah, right. He said he investigated the Wood case but he didn't seem to have a lot of evidence. But several people, including Mike Graves, were swearing that their accusations were all true and that the girl was under age and a PCHS student while Wood was a resource officer and that's when he got her pregnant.

The people who madly went around yelling all of this horrible stuff will now probably blame the Flume and accuse everybody of being bought off. (That's always the excuse when things go wrong for them.) They had no evidence, the Flume pursued the story, and the only evidence available says that the accusers were very wrong and dragged that poor girl and her children into this because they didn't know what they were talking about.

To Jordan and Parkbull or whoever took my angry post down and moved it, I'm sorry I argued with you. You did the right thing to wait for more information before letting all of that out in public here.

Thanks.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:47 pm
Alert A+

Post Re: The Park County Deputy Jeff story
It must have been Jordan. I never do anything right, you know. :p

That's a big thing to say, MM. Discussing those issues is fine as long as there's some legal evidence before hanging somebody out by name or declaring a crime was committed. Too many people can be hurt without cause, like the young woman involved and her children.

We will have to wait and see if there is more, or if Dr. Walpole will get an apology. The next school board meeting is Aug 25 and the board said they would address the questions at that time.

The Flume put a lot of ink and work into that article. They don't put everything up on the internet because, obviously, they need to sell papers to sell advertising and stay in business. We will look for a link to the story later, though.

We wish the young lady and her small children a peaceful, quiet life going forward.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:41 am
Profile WWW

I don't have the Flume yet, but is there enough info in there for Walpole to sue those people? Wasn't he impersonated and accused of a felony or something?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:44 am

The Flume waited until after the primary to do this story? Wegener might have gotten 99% of the vote if they had done it earlier. A lot of us got trapped into it, MM. I'm glad it was handled the way it was here.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:08 am

Parkbull, didn't you write one of the first stories on this subject? Why did you do that?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:57 am
Alert A+

I gather you're talking about the story in February about the Sheriff's Officers refusing to accept a report from Mike Graves? Graves did not share the content of the statement with us; he only explained enough to say that he had a "duty to report" under Colorado Statute because it related to a sexual allegation involving a minor. The story we published was about the SO refusing to accept the report. The reference to an underlying case was Graves' explanation of why he said he was required by law to submit the statement. The story mentioned no individuals and did not identify a school. We were very concerned that possible victims, if any, not be further harmed.

We also requested, by phone and email, that the Sheriff respond on the issue of refusing to accept the report and offer his office's side of the story. We received no response from him to those requests. (We did not ask the Sheriff to comment on the sexual allegations, only on the procedure for taking a statement.)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:45 am
Profile WWW

OK. I went back and reread it. You're right. After all of the rumors I might have made assumptions but they weren't in the story. That was the only story I found on the subject.

Very consistent. Thanks. Have a good weekend everybody. 8)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:30 am
Alert A+

Thanks, Cowboy1. You have a good one, too. 8)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am
Profile WWW

Is this a situation where the candidate sent a bunch of people out to do his dirty work for him? One way to get everybody worked up is to say there's a risk to the kids. It's hard to believe they were this far off on the story unless he just wanted to make a big splash for poltical reasons. I hate to believe it. This is pretty serious. How did it all go so off base?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:12 pm

We owe OwlGore a large debt of gratitude. :-B Without the internet to allow everyone to be themselves in a publicly broadcasted manner, we might vote for some strange things. Only with the internet can the true nature of political activists spread like wildfire, showing the rapid breakdown of facade. Sometimes showing the equally rapid breakdown of civility and reason.

Too bad we didn't have it 50 years ago.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:29 am

ParkBull wrote:
We will have to wait and see if there is more, or if Dr. Walpole will get an apology. The next school board meeting is Aug 25 and the board said they would address the questions at that time.

The school board is releasing a statement including this:
Quote:
The Board of Education is taking this opportunity to refute claims made by a few persons at the August 9, 2010 meeting that the School District knew of and the Superintendent did not act on allegations of inappropriate relationships by former or current Park County Sheriff’s officers with female students. These claims are unsubstantiated and without merit.
>>>>>>>
No report of any allegation of sexual harassment or unlawful sexual behavior by staff or SROs, as alleged at the August 9 Board meeting, from students or their parents, has been received by the administration or Board. If any report is made or suspicion exists, it will be immediately reported as required by law and appropriate administrative actions will occur. Each teacher and administrator takes seriously, as does the Board of Education, the duty to uphold our mission of “Education Excellence in Safe Schools” and our legal responsibilities in doing so.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:00 pm
Alert A+

Here is the full press release from yesterday.

http://parkbull.com/newsextra/100826pressrelease.html

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:14 pm
Profile WWW

A few people demanded Walpole's resignation, didn't they? Turnabout is fair play. Maybe they should resign from their jobs and businesses now that their accusation was shown to be false. That poor young woman and her kids! How about all of those people who outed her putting out their stories of who they all slept with. Let's have a fair exchange. Those kids will have this story out about them for life now! All because some wisea-- thought he was cool and could throw their names out there in the mud to get attention for himself.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:45 pm

take2 - the call for justice. Personally, I don't want to hear who they all slept with. :-[ I do get your point, though. You can't believe anything they say. It looks like some people just make up whatever they have to make up to win arguments, screw with people they don't like, or get elected to something. There were several other things in that bunch of storytelling that weren't true, either. I didn't realize there were so many people comfortable with doing that every day. :( What do they get out of the abuse of others? Same as the rest of the bullies in the county?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:09 pm

If this hadn't been so destructive, it would be funny. Someone blames the girl for her own rumors about her that she would have never wanted started in the first place. This was the worst campaign I've ever seen around here. It's now an out of control cult that is bound to do even more damage. That guy didn't care about protecting children, IMO. He just helped ruin the lives of a few.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:07 am