It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Dagna Van Der Jagt to run against LeDoux for DA in 11th JD 
Alert A+

Post Dagna Van Der Jagt to run against LeDoux for DA in 11th JD
Flume Story on Dec 9 11 by Debra Orecchio --

http://www.theflume.com/news/article_d9 ... f6878.html

Van Der Jagt said she has been working closely with Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener and that she has been endorsed by him and Undersheriff Monte Gore.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:01 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Dagna Van Der Jagt to run against LeDoux for DA in 11th JD
I would automatically question the integrity of anyone that our sheriff and undersheriff want in office. Are they afraid they aren't getting away with enough so they want to completely own the DA? It's bad enough now but this is not a good sign that they endorse this person. Add that to the way it looks like she just moved here to run for this office and not to be part of this area. There's something fishy here so be careful. If you want to get rid of Ledoux then don't go for something that looks worse. Change just for chage is what was elected president, remember?

Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:06 am

We need to watch and read more but you are right MountainMom. We should remind ourselves every day that change just to change gets us in more trouble. I don't like the sound of this. Is there a thrid choice? :pi:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:30 am

Maybe you're just too suspicious. There has been nothing good coming from LeDoux for Park County. Isn't it time to say so? Besides, they have to get through a primary first.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:02 am

There's more discussion of this race in another thread.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4475&start=0

Sun May 27, 2012 8:48 am
Profile ICQ

At the debate last Thursday (Crow Hill firehouses) she more than held her own. LeDoux got quite ruffled with her statements regarding how his office has handled things.

If he gets in again I wonder if he's going to try, again, to get the office un-term limited. I have a hard time trusting someone who, their first year in office, tries to have term limits removed so they can be DA for Life.

You're right, 285Alive -- he's done nothing for Parkco. And the primary will determine the victor, as the dems do not have a candidate.

Sun May 27, 2012 10:53 am

I'm no fan of Fred and/or Monte, but I believe their preference for Van der Jagt stems from her stance on increased prosecution.

Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 am

Windchime wrote:
I'm no fan of Fred and/or Monte, but I believe their preference for Van der Jagt stems from her stance on increased prosecution.

Do you have a link to that? Sounds like rumor and jumping to conclusions to me. I don't like either of them, but she acted kind of nuts in that courtroom. It did get her a lot of attention but it appeared she didn't understand the case.

Sun May 27, 2012 11:04 am

Windchime wrote:
At the debate last Thursday (Crow Hill firehouses) she more than held her own. LeDoux got quite ruffled with her statements regarding how his office has handled things.

If he gets in again I wonder if he's going to try, again, to get the office un-term limited. I have a hard time trusting someone who, their first year in office, tries to have term limits removed so they can be DA for Life.

You're right, 285Alive -- he's done nothing for Parkco. And the primary will determine the victor, as the dems do not have a candidate.

You seem to be supporting or campaigning for Dagna, so I'll take the "ruffled" comment as your personal bias. If she was lying about how he handled things in his office (not saying that was it) wouldn't he have a right to get ticked? Everybody tries to show somebody in a bad light when they're rooting for the other side. Some of your comments are good, though. Problem is, trying to eliminate term limits has nothing to do with which is a better DA. Term limits are still up to the voters. From what I have heard and read recently, I have changed my mind about the primary. I don't think vanderjagt is suited to be a professional in that office. Just my opinion. I'm switching to voting for LeDoux because of the things that she and her supporters have pulled lately to get attention.

Sun May 27, 2012 11:25 am

285alive wrote:
I'm switching to voting for LeDoux because of the things that she and her supporters have pulled lately to get attention.

Isn't that funny. I think more elections have been lost by the behavior of supporters than won by candidates. People like me are looking for rational, mature adults who aren't out of control showboats to vote for. Now if we could just find a few more of them. LOL >-)

Sun May 27, 2012 11:58 am

Windchime wrote:

You're not making sense to me, Windchime. Seems like the place we need more investigation and prosecution is against deputies and other county officials. You don't think the sheriff is going to support somebody who will do that, do you? I think things get worse with a DA that owes the sheriff's office a favor. Please reconsider. There's no guarantee you'll like the cases she decides to prosecute any more than you like the ones prosecuted now, especially if you don't know the reason behind the decision.

I agree with MM it doesn't seem like she had a handle on that Kendall case but just used it to raise a ruckus. And she spoke up in court at exactly the wrong time in the proceedings, I think. She didn't know what was going on? Looked very dumb. I don't trust her to be objective at all. Is this another "hope and chage" play? lol

Sun May 27, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't know who I'm voting for for DA -- don't know where I've said otherwise. I'm not impressed with LeDoux for lots of reasons, but am not convinced Van Der Jagt is the one for the office either. I have posted my opinions on what I observed at the debates. I'm not campaigning for either of them. At the debate both candidates accused each other of lying.

MM: The SO has publicly stated their displeasure with the current DA for lack of or inadequate prosecution, specifically in the IMHS investigation and the plea bargain in the Kendall case. Gore has written letters to the editor of the Flume regarding those two issues specifically, and his displeasure with the DA's office. That's what I'm basing my statement in my previous post on.

Regarding her interruption in court - she should have stayed out of it. It indicates a lack of professionalism at the least and grandstanding at the worst. Was she trying to make LeDoux look bad? Was she trying to show how tough on crime she'd be? No idea, but it was inappropriate.

I'm not particularly impressed with either of them.

Sun May 27, 2012 4:36 pm

There have been plenty of explanations on why those two cases were handled the way they were. IMHS didn't want to cooperate with a prosecution and the Kendall case was covered by a long article in the Flume giving all sides of the question. So if Fred and Gore are writing letters to complain, you can bet it's for strictly political reasons because they must understand the reasoning. I don't know too many people who would take those two at their word when they have a political goal in mind. They do whatever is necessary to win at all costs. It has nothing to do with those two cases, just like everything else they do - it's just bull. They aren't upset about those cases, they are likely just trying to make their opponent look bad.

It did seem pretty obvious to me that you were criticizing LeDoux and agreeing with vanderwhatsis. I wish more people would read that explanation on the Kendall case. I thought the explanation made sense and can't think of a single reason why the DA would benefit politically from doing what he did, so what was his motive for doing it other than it making sense?

All sides involved in the case accepted the Kendall deal because it made sense. Here is the article:
http://www.theflume.com/news/article_bc ... f6878.html

LeDoux isn't my favorite guy, either, but he's much better than letting the Sheriff take over the DA's office. We'll all be in trouble if that happens. It's obvious some will lie and others swear to it to get what they want in the election. That's the unholy 3. Don't give that sheriff and undy sheriff any more power than they already abuse.

Sun May 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks roadrunner. Park County needs a new DA in the district but this woman isn't it. It would be going from bad to worse. If we could just get rid of Gore along with Hardey now, we'd have a good start. Two faced undersheriff fires somebody else? Why wasn't the sheriff involved in the firing? We don't have a sheriff? He isn't much of one, but he's really skated on doing his job lately. It's a case of the blind leading the lame up there. Let's pray Gore never becomes sheriff. That will be another case of going from bad to worse. There isn't even a really good name for what he is. The seat of corruption? We know where that is.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 am

My apologies for getting off topic there. The keg-killer thread got me going and connecting our undersheriff to this DA candidate Dagna makes me wonder WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING??? I got distracted. No question here my vote will go to LeDoux if for no other reason than to vote against more corruption involving the sheriff's office.

Wed May 30, 2012 7:58 am

Did you guys read the article when Vanderjagt announced? If you didn't, you should. She's Austrian and also studied in Paris. That's kind of interesting. But, she says she became a US Citizen "three or four years ago". Isn't that something you'd remember? Not even a citizen until just recently and wanting to kick someone out of office? The family lived in Centennial and only moved to Fairplay a month before declaring she would run for district attorney. Isn't that about the bare minimum you have to live somewhere to run for that kind of office?

Oh, and here's an interesting quote,
"While in law school, she had an opportunity to do an internship with former state Senator Ken Arnold; from that time on, she said, she knew she wanted to be in politics."

Is this a joke?

http://www.theflume.com/news/article_d9 ... f6878.html

Has to be a joke, right?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:47 pm

Is this the same woman? She has a law practice in Denver? Looks a little like an ambulance chaser or something. She looks younger in that picture and she's maybe bleached her hair, but is this really serious? She practices law in Denver but "moved" to Fairplay just in time to run for office? Something wrong here. Hope people wake up in time. Send this info to other voters you know before the primary vote! Why do we always get these people here?? Do we look stupid? oh... don't answer that. :D

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:19 am

Speaking of looking stupid, I forgot to put the link in.
http://dui-lawyer-in-denver.com/

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 am

Thom LeDoux has some pretty strong endorsements including the AG. for whatever that's worth.
http://thomkledoux.com/index_files/Page1313.htm
Dagna has Fred and Monte who said that they wanted to have a "Park County person" running the DA's office. :-P

It also looks like he has lived in the district all his life. The business of Dagna moving to Fairplay and then declaring to run for office 30 days later really bugs me. It's like Obama being in the senate 143 days and deciding he should be leader of the free world. Why don't people read this stuff before it's too late. According to the assessor's website, she doesn't own any property in Park County. (So tell me, guys, is this what you call a Park County Person?)

I guess it's obvious I've now made up my mind. :D My work here is done.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:28 am

So if Fred and Monte and the others really don't want her because she represents Park County, what is the real reason they are so rabid about getting her elected? Because she is green they think they can control her? That's a scary thought. What is the real reason?

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 am