It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:44 pm

If we don't build it, they'll kill you? 

Post If we don't build it, they'll kill you?
Radical, warring factions of Islam have always sought to build a temple on every conquered site. They now want a mosque as close to Ground Zero as they can get. This is not for building bridges. If you believe that, I've got one in Brooklyn to sell you. Here's security expert Claudia Rosett.

If We Don’t Build It, They Will Kill You? (from Forbes)
Claudia Rosett

Asked if it’s really a good idea to go ahead with his plans to build a mosque and Islamic center at an address so close to Ground Zero that it has become a flash point, Rauf gave a reply that boils down to a threat. Rauf said that if his Cordoba House does not get built on his chosen site near Ground Zero, “The headlines in the Muslim world will be that Islam is under attack.”

Citing Muslim attacks on Danish embassies during the riots in 2006 over Mohamed cartoons Rauf went on to say that the result of this current “crisis” could be that “anger will explode in the Muslim world.” That, he said, could lead to “something which could really become very, very, very dangerous indeed.”

Read the whole, interesting article http://blogs.forbes.com/claudiarosett/2 ... nnellatest

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:37 am

Post Re: If we don't build it, they'll kill you?
jethroB thanks for bringing that in. I wondered where Claudia Rosett went. Forbes is a good spot. And that is a good article. Here's what I found really chilling, right at the end:

Rauf’s wife and business partner, Daisy Khan, who covered for him in New York during his summer excursions abroad, seized the opportunity last month to make a televised denunciation of America as a place “beyond Islamophobia.” Now comes Rauf, with his pronouncements on CNN that if his Cordoba House doesn’t go up near Ground Zero, Americans had better worry – even more than they do already — about “national security.” The “peace” he would bring to Ground Zero now smacks of an extortionist’s chilling instructions: Do it my way, or else.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:49 am