It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Let's be clear on Hartsel 

Post Let's be clear on Hartsel
I don't personally know the fire board in Hartsel, but you'd have to be a complete idiot to think they shouldn't be investigated. The chief Jay Hutchison used the fire department's credit card to go to Vegas and throw a wedding. More money than his pay seems to have disappeared into his pockets. He says he paid the money back but there doesn't seem to be any proof of it. You've got a woman on the board calling people terrorists who ask for meeting records. Has she forgotten what real terrorists do? Is she that ignorant? That was a last straw for me. A citizen who asks for records and then wins their case is not a terrorist. If anything, that's a patriot. In my mind, the ignorant b---- calling her a terrorist should be put in a straight jacket.

I've been reading this story for years and what shenanigans the board lets the chief (and each other) get away with. You have to know that something unethical (at best) is going on with those people. That's what I conclude. The more they try to lash out and cover things up, the worse they look. Don't expect our county to do anything about it, but it's a good thing that the news is keeping up.

Now the ignorant crazy lady is complaining that they had to spend money on lawyers for this lawsuit. Well, sweetie cowpie, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BROUGHT THE SUIT!! You ignorant idiots who sued a citizen for asking for information should all have to pay the district back out of your own pockets for your corruption, in my opinion.

Is it just me or has this whole county gone to the pigs? :pig: :pig: :pig:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:36 am

Post Re: Let's be clear on Hartsel
Sorry I forgot to link the story. Good for the Flume for covering it and Parkbull for drawing even more attention to it. http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=8098

Mostly Monica Jones for taking the heat. =D> I wish she had won the election. I'm sick of watching the steers be in charge.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:40 am

The comment made by the board member is positively appalling and is such a glimpse into the complexion of the board. I am personally familiar with the irresponsibility of this individual. If the board had any guts, she would be removed summarily for what she said. The problem is that the board supports that mental explosion and the sentiment that goes along with it.

Flinging words like "terrorist" around is more than a verbal transgression in my opinion. I saw this individual actually rush an audience member in a threatening manner several years ago during a Meet the Candidates Forum. She is both physically and verbally aggressive, and I wouldn't trust her any further than I could spit on her.

Monica is to be commended for taking such a strong stand.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:04 am

It looks like fiction but I know it's not. It's all too common in Park County that people just thumb their nose at the law or at right and wrong and say they deserve everything they want and to heck with the rest of the world. That woman you guys are talking about said that she thought the board should defy a court order. What does the judge in charge think of that? She doesn't think the judge or courts should even have any say in how they conduct their little fiefdom. It makes you wonder what's wrong with the Hartsel water. That board is nuts. This county is nuts.

Thu May 19, 2011 11:21 am

Hartsel and the county are the same. Anybody who tries to hold them accountable to their bosses is attacked, intimidated, and run through the ringer using our tax dollars. The problem is that there aren't enough people who will get some guts and back the people who are working for the benefit of everybody. Wimpy people hiding under their blankets because they don't want to spend the energy to take an interest in their own district or county.

I admire Monica for what she's doing, but I hope she knows that most people are too lazy to get off their asses to do the right thing or too scared of losing their cushy government jobs to know what the right thing is. It sounds like you have the usual sleazy government lawyers using millions in tax dollars to beat up on citizens. Not a level playing field, that's for sure. The Flume attacks Hartsel Fire but won't watch the county government at all. Their paychecks come from the county, too. Everybody in a good position to do something just sells out.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:15 pm

MM you have hit the nail right on the head. The people who are selling out all of their principles and taking money to look the other way are just continuing the oldest profession. And they wonder why the world doesn't consider government employees respectable any more.

Oldest profession now includes not only lawyers, but government employees who don't want to lose their place at the trough. :pig: That goes for fire chiefs and their secretaries as well as the overpaid slobs at the county admin office. Commissioners most of all. Where else could you get that kind of a paycheck for having a high school diploma and working two days a week lying to the taxpayers? Con games. That's where. Fraud, that's where. Theft, that's where. All of the oldest professions.

A message to you sellouts - you can't turn a blind eye and argue that you're innocent.

Fri May 20, 2011 2:07 pm
Alert A+

Hats off to Tom Locke and The Flume for their hard work on this case. This shows great instincts and initiative.

http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=8120
31 minutes missing from Hartsel tape

http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=8121
Hartsel chief ready to sacrifice new station for legal battle

Thu May 26, 2011 10:37 am
Profile WWW

ParkBull wrote:
http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=8121
Hartsel chief ready to sacrifice new station for legal battle

If that's the kind of thing they let out, how bad must the stuff be that they deleted??? :o

Monica was obviously right all along. Reading all of that material in the Flume, it's criminal what they did to the Jones family, I think. I hope the law (including that bendover politician in the 11th) and Monica go after that group for all they're worth. And how stupid is the judge? The foresic audio guy says some of it was obvious and "not too bright". That's an understatement. Neither is our judge.

The Linda B you all love so much really looks like the professional lady, doesn't she? #-o

Way to go Monica and Flume. I may have to subscribe.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:52 am
Alert A+

NewsJunky wrote:
Way to go Monica and Flume. I may have to subscribe.

Subscribe to The Flume:
http://theflume.com/Formlayout.asp?form ... orm&form=1
:)

Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 pm
Profile WWW

WOW!! What a story!! I bet Tom Locke didn't like his newspaper called namby pamby. That Susan Jones (no relation to Monica) said that she thought they should notify the media if any lawsuits are filed? Is she crazy? (LOL, rhetorical question) I'm glad the media is present, but I doubt if she's going to want more of it. A couple of them are probably wetting their pants about now. If they want the media so badly, why are they refusing to send comments to the paper?

OMG.

Thu May 26, 2011 1:08 pm

There it is. The tip of the sh--berg. Make that a striped straight jacket. How much money went to the wife of the board member? There's something a fella'd want to hear more about. At least they're close to the jail, if it comes to that.

Good reading.

Thu May 26, 2011 7:24 pm

The Hartsel Board is predicted to have a very nervous or very drunk holiday weekend. Maybe both. Monica should watch out. They are stupid enough to do stupid things in a group like they already have. Cowboy1 and NewsJunky you are right. There must be some pretty bad stuff that they removed from those tapes. How much time did Nixon erase? Was it 15 minutes?

Fri May 27, 2011 8:20 am