It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Platte Canyon Fire Board election 

Post Platte Canyon Fire Board election
If you want to run for the Platte Canyon Fire Board, or any special district board, you have have until 5 pm today to file. I filed today!!!!!!!
Vote For Rebecca Van Hout for the Platte Canyon Fire District Board of Directors.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:35 pm
Alert A+

Post Re: Platte Canyon Fire Board election
It's good to see people take an interest in their community and its operations. Thank you for taking the time to run for this important position.

Hats off to you and good luck!

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:25 pm
Profile WWW

I got a feeling if the hole truth abourt that deaprtment comes out itll make hartzel look mild.

You got my vote. hey if you get in can we talk you into firing the chief?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 pm

As a candidate for the PCFD board, I would like to see some changes in how the district interacts and communicates with the community it serves.
An issue that has bothered me for awhile is how those in charge of running the district went from being trusted individuals to people who are perceived by many in the community of not being worthy of the public trust.
Is it merely a question of a lack of communication with the public or is it something more?
After voicing a negative opinion on last years mill levy increase and the de-brucing of the PCFD, it was clear that we now have some trust issues within the community. I also objected to how some folks within the district handled the portrayal of that mill levy and the effect on the community should it fail, I will take that suggestion of attending fire board meetings in the future to heart. It is my hope that the district will help those who would like to attend those meetings by publishing those meeting times on their website.
The PCFD website could be an outstanding tool for communicating with the public. Meeting could be published. Transparency laws could be adhered to. Special Districts are required according to CO statute 32-1 809, to post a transparency statement somewhere in the district. Why not use the website to post this legal document?
(Here is an example)
http://www.southparkambulance.com/2010_ ... notice.pdf
If Platte Canyon Fire District posted one, I have no idea where. Why not make information more accessible rather than more difficult to hunt down. After all. It is our district and our money....right?
My campaign promise if elected if to move towards complete transparency and more open communication within the district. The fire department should provide easy access to the public. I hope to improve that if elected.
Vote for Rebecca Van Hout
May 4, 2010
Platte Canyon Fire District Board of Director

Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:00 pm

I don't think they believe they have to comply. They didn't put out their legal notice in the deadline time when it was due, I know that. I went looking for it. Now they have it hidden behind a falsely labeled link and you can't find a link to it on their menu at all. What about all of the other things they are required to send notices on? Complaints should be filed against them on every single violation.

The way they messed with the election this year should be reported. Imagine that (formerly) nice lady being involved in something like that. What could be the matter with her?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 am

There's another election in two years for the fire departments, right? I just hope that same woman who makes things up out of thin air doesn't run again. It looked like that's what brought out the whole department and all their relatives to vote in force and nobody paid any attention to the real issues because of the ridiculous childish complaints. I don't think running on a platform of scraping the flames off the trucks is such a strong campaign. Nobody really tackled the finances in a serious way except the one guy who got the audit report. Maybe the rest weren't up on the numbers, but that would have been interesting. It was obvious to anyone who really looked at it that the chief was lying about the ambulance numbers and the admin assistant was covering for him and her department. She's well paid to cover asses. They kept promising to provide information only to then just blow everybody off. The public doesn't have a chance against people willing to commit such corrupt acts against the taxpayers. If you voted, you also saw how they ignored election law or any sense of fairness. We can't afford to have segments of authority who believe they are above the law and thinking they are little gods. It looks to me like they are just really high maintenance but no better than other districts that cost their homeowners half as much.

Is there someone serious who will give it a try in 2012? If so, the numbers should be watched every month and we should start investigating now. We need to see somebody who knows something about finances and will really run. That one woman just ruined it for the rest of them by exaggerating and picking on stupid issues. Thoughts anyone?

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:41 am