It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Meet TWO of the Candidates 

Post Meet TWO of the Candidates
Please mark your calendars: "Meet candidates MICHAEL GRAVE for Sheriff and LILLIAN WISSEL for District 3 Commissioner at Crossroads Pizza and Wings on May 8th from 4:00 until 7:00." =D>

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:49 am

Post Re: Meet TWO of the Candidates
I'll never figure that out. :sadly: Why would Mike want to drag himself down by letting that Wissel woman hang on his coat tails. She is a government worker favorite which means she isn't any help to the public. Whatever happened to the basic rule of not tying your campaign to another? Especially that woman. Whoever is planning for Mike isn't on top of stuff. Wissel is just as bad as what we have. Worse if you remember that her husband is also an elected official and she will be voting on his budget. I can just hear the horse trading now. I won't go to meet Mike if I have to listen to that creepy egomaniac woman.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:33 am

No kidding rr. People can't read the election results from assembly? The crowd that voted for Lillian also voted for Fred. And Mike doesn't seem to know that wheelin' dealin' Silly Lilly will do whatever she has to to win this election. She's desperate and completely self-focused.

I think they want to get rid of Mark because he's more honest than the rest of them and it gets in the way of them stealing more. I don't think Lillian will get in their way. Mark has already exposed them to some degree and might keep doing it.

Everybody has to learn the hard way, looks like. Mark is a lesser evil than the conflicted Wissels. Samantha is just in there to split the vote like she did at assembly - she's not serious. So that leaves me voting for Mark in the primary, assuming he gets on the ballot.

And then we'll see.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:23 am

Please tell me, like exactly, what she did to you?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:26 am

Hey RR,

I'm going to assume you have looked at Mike Graves website? With hopes that you have, you are aware of the Citizen's Committee he's going to organize. WE, the Residents, will be able to attend a monthly meeting, make suggestions and tell our Sheriff what's wrong with our County. This is a very GOOD thing for Park County! We'll finally have someone (Mike Graves) who will listen and take action rather than tell us to go away...or try to change a law!!!!! Yes Fred tried to change a law to get us to shut up. It backfired on him.

If you have issues with Lillian maybe you should talk to her about them? I did! I got both sides.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 am

I'm one of the ones she fed a bunch of bull to get me to support her last time. Then, while she was sitting in a commissioner's chair, she didn't do anything to clean up the mess there or release public information. In 2008, she was sitting on the board. The commissioners were asked what all of the miscellaneous expenses were and she said nothing. They were challenged back then to stop lumping all of the credit card payments as "miscellaneous expense" and she took no steps to increase transparency. She wrote how good the commissioners were doing with their jobs and how well they were keeping the books.

In short, she supported all of the crap currently going on in the government and did nothing to help the public know what was going on. And she is a guaranteed conflict of interest vote because her husband is also on the budget business.

How would you feel if June Wegener wanted to run for commissioner?

Thank you for asking. But you must have missed the whole thread that is in this forum dealing with why Silly Lilly shouldn't be commissioner. If you're new at politics here, you probably shouldn't be organizing.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 pm

Snazzy96 wrote:
Hey RR,

I'm going to assume you have looked at Mike Graves website? With hopes that you have, you are aware of the Citizen's Committee he's going to organize. WE, the Residents, will be able to attend a monthly meeting, make suggestions and tell our Sheriff what's wrong with our County. This is a very GOOD thing for Park County! We'll finally have someone (Mike Graves) who will listen and take action rather than tell us to go away...or try to change a law!!!!! Yes Fred tried to change a law to get us to shut up. It backfired on him.

If you have issues with Lillian maybe you should talk to her about them? I did! I got both sides.

Hey Snazzy - you're missing the whole point. You guys aren't reading what happened at assembly. I want to support Mike but I'm not going anyplace where Lillian Wissel will be hanging out. You're arguing something that has no relevance to what I stated as a problem for me.

You likely didn't get any side from Lillian except her own revised history. You're making assumptions that we don't know her and haven't already listened to all of the excuses. "I'm only one vote," she whines, which doesn't mean anything when it comes to transparency and releasing info. She had every opportunity to use her position to expose what they were doing and failed completely and made deals to keep things covered up. That's what she told me - that she threatened to go to the press to get what she wanted, but never did go to the press. She bought into the whole game and will do it again. She's worse than having Mark in there, believe me. Most of us in here aren't new at this.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:14 pm

To Newsjunky: why do you think Samantha Bertin is not serious? What benefit would there be to splitting the votes at the assembly? As far as I can see, none.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:46 pm

sunshine-gal wrote:
To Newsjunky: why do you think Samantha Bertin is not serious? What benefit would there be to splitting the votes at the assembly? As far as I can see, none.

To keep Mark off the ballot and clear the way for Lillian. The anti-Wissel vote is split that way.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:52 pm

I happen to know for a fact that the last thing she wants is to clear the way for lillian!!! Did it ever occur to you that maybe she really is wanting to be the comm. and represent the very people on this forum.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Yes you're right...I am new to politics and I hate all the crap! The lies! The promises! BUT...as far as my capability to organize a Meet the Candidates" I'm very well qualified. I was at the Assembly. I was at the caucus. I was at the Lincoln Day Dinner. I was at the meeting in Fairplay. I'm getting involved because I've been in Park County 16 years and it's a heck of a lot different than it was back then. Park County is falling apart! I want changes made and I plan to do my best to help get the most qualified man/woman for the job(s) placed so we don't go bankrupt. **== I want to be proud to say I live in Park County again. I'm tired of what we've become. I can't wait to become a member of the Citizen Committee. Caca is going to fly!

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:03 pm

sunshine-gal wrote:
I happen to know for a fact that the last thing she wants is to clear the way for lillian!!! Did it ever occur to you that maybe she really is wanting to be the comm. and represent the very people on this forum.

That was not my first thought, no. But I'm happy to see people spending their efforts trying to make the community better. I apologize if I misjudged Ms. Bertin. Running for office is very hard work, as I'm sure she is finding out.

Did it ever occur to you that, regardless of intent, the participation in the primary might have the very effect I mentioned? It would seem Samantha is a spoiler who may win Lillian the primary just as Ross Perot put Clinton in office. I could be wrong, though. Again, I appreciate the hard work it takes. Hats off to all courageous candidates - especially the newcomers. <):)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:44 pm

This is a funny little closed circuit forum with a minimum of people brave enough to submit anything. You tear everything anybody says to shreds w/o knowing what you are talking about. Call the clerk's office and ask the election questions for yourself, 836-4222.

The Hummvies were a surplus from the Federal Government given to Park County to help with homeland security. Our tax dollars probably did pay for them at the federal level, but now it's just like highway funds, Government Motors, or Student loans, redistributed funds. Call the sheriff's office and ask where they came from and who paid for them.

This forum is filled with mis-information and misconstruing of ideas and facts. It is like you get off on the fighting and bickering over things and don't want to know what you are talking about. Why not get rid of all that old history crap and clean up this forum so it works for today as a valid method of getting things said outside the newspaper which is slanted in favor of Lillian and her people.

It reeks of the April 20th Crow hill meeting of the candidates. It was like being in high school again and listening to the student council fight it out. The political process is a big flipping game and it helps to know the rules and to follow them with some sense of civility.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 am

This little "closed circuit forum" has members from all over the country. We don't need election information - certainly not from an uninformed clerk's office. If you think this forum is so worthless, what the heck are you doing in here picking fights?

And there you go again trying to get rid of history? We know a lot more about what is going on than you obviously do - and you're the one in here criticizing us and trying to start a fight. If you disagree with someone's opinion, can't you do it "with some sense of civility" instead of implying we're all stupid and don't know what's going on? NJ was being very civil! And what the heck does this thread have to do with humvees? Are you sure you know where you are?

As usual, attacks with no specifics. Sounds like another politician trying to hide facts and suppress discussion. It doesn't work well here. And you haven't shown anything we've said here to be incorrect. Only that you have a differently biased opinion.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:40 am

I checked where theVTSTR has posted and think I see a pattern. the, - may I call you the? (((deja vu all over again))) - you seem to be posting in threads where people are reminding us of those pesky little facts involving Lillian Wissel and her past words and behavior. Now, why would someone want all of that deleted to "clean up" the forum? We love our history here and don't want to revise it, thank you very much. Lillian needs to live with her past.

Strange comment about getting election information. The LAW says that Samantha or Mark will be equally LEGAL choices on the ballot if they get the signatures that the LAW says they need. I didn't see anybody in this thread who seems to be misinformed on the election process. Although we do know you are from the District 3 area.

The Humvees weren't mentioned in here, but since you brought them up. The Sheriff is in debt up to his ears. He should sell the dumb Humvees, the bus, and half his cars and pay his bills or give his bottom rung officers a raise. He and the others should grow up and get a pair and live within their means instead of bankrupting the county on our backs.

I feel much better now that I have argued my point in a civil manner. :) Thanks for the juicy opportunity.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:14 am

VTSTR, sounds like you REALLY need to attend some of these "Meet the Candidates", meetings and listen very carefully to the conversations. Park County is in SERIOUS trouble, and we are desperately in need of a TOTAL overhaul, from the top down. It is so sad that we are being robbed blind, and totally unexcusable from the people we are to trust most. That trust went out the door!! Fact: We ARE 1.7 million IN THE HOLE!!!! We had absolutely NO BUSINESS aquiring those Humvees, free right now or not, we will have to pay back the debt in one year. Not to mention, we needed those like a hole in the head!!! They'll sit and collect dust and rust because we'll never need them, (hopefully) but then we can always call Jeffco like we did for our dear Emily, (thank-god!) We definately are in desperate need of other things first!! You missed the meeting with Fred talking about "raises, new cars, raises, new cars"? Didn't you. Totally self-centered if you ask me, and loves his "toys" more than his men. Why can't we put 250k miles on our cars like all other police dept's within Colorado, then KNOW and have a "say-so" on purchasing new vehicles? Then Fred has "personally" purchased a total of 8 cars in 4 years!! Hey, what about our roads?

Then one week Fred is all for spending 2.7 million on a new Comm/Dispatch building, (depending if Tighe is sitting in the audience or not) then one week he's not. And why in the heck is Tighe wanting this building so bad, when we can save so much money by putting it in the Jail? Could it be that someone may be lining their pockets with the extra? They'll never show us the real "bid" on the building, we only know what we're told. We have never seen "figures" for anything until now, look at them and you KNOW we're being robbed blind! Then Dwaliby, what a complete dissapointment!!

Fred's got "champagne tastes on a beer budget", and absolutely DOES NOT put his community first. Whats' really sickening about those meetings is a question is asked of Fred in regards to budget or finances and he doesn't have a clue!! Then Michael Graves will answer the question with facts, and he works down in Denver. Fred gives absolutely no ideas what so ever, seemingly lieing as he studdars, and passes questions to Michael???

Attend these meetings, open your ears, LISTEN, and watch the "un-accountability" unfold... it's absolutely embarrassing that we have let this guy run our County for so long, and the rest of those "yo-yo's". It's obvious that you need to get your "facts" straight! We have to get rid of the "Good ol' boys", get into 2010, start "spreading the love" with OUR taxes, get some respect back for law enforcement, instead of laughing at them!!! Vote for Michael!!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:15 am

Oh I forgot through my "rant".... The answer Fred gave to the "raises, cars, raises, cars"??? He chose cars. That is so pathetic!! Fred, ask your men and women what they might want? Maybe they are hoping to put their children through college, maybe they want to up-grade their homes, maybe they have that "almighty American Dream". I can see them now, sitting in front of their moble homes, rocking in a rocking chair, telling their grandchildren "Boy, but you should have seen those cars we drove". How selfish can you be Fred?? Just as long as you drive nice cars, buy your children brand new vehicles, put them through college, and have a wonderful retirement, that's all that matters hu?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:15 am

Y'all didn't have to ream me a new one! So I thought of what I wanted to say while I was on the wrong topic, big deal what is your problem, there is no real distinction between topics anyway.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 am

theVTSTR wrote:
Y'all didn't have to ream me a new one! So I thought of what I wanted to say while I was on the wrong topic, big deal what is your problem, there is no real distinction between topics anyway.

Oh brother. And this from the person who was lecturing us about paying attention and getting our facts right. #-o
You ream, you get reamed. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:41 am

Forgot to answer Annie - that's a top drawer rant! And I agree with you!! =D>

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:57 am