It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Special District Elections May 4, 2010 
Alert A+

Post Special District Elections May 4, 2010
Per the Flume, the tax increase for the South Park Recreation District failed 904 No to 472 Yes.
http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=7054

Tue May 04, 2010 7:45 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Special District Elections May 4, 2010
Called the Platte Canyon Fire Department and asked about the results being in yet. They said they were not.
Hopefully soon!

Tue May 04, 2010 8:30 pm
Alert A+

Thanks for the update. We were considering calling but you did it for us. No word from Hartsel, yet, either.

Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Alert A+

The other results are in the Flume, same article. Very low voter turnout, again.

http://theflume.com/main.asp?SectionID= ... cleID=7054

Edit: and the Flume had an incorrect vote count in their first article - a transposition typo, probably. nobody Van Hout had a vote count of 52.

The new article has the number corrected.

Tue May 04, 2010 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

Congratulations to the incumbents who won re-election to the Platte Canyon Fire District Board..
See you at the next board meeting.
We will keep those records coming!

Tue May 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Get em nobody! We'll look forward to seeing more reports!

I have to say, it's great to see South Park turn down that tax increase! \:D/ Is at least part of the county starting to wake up?

I can't believe that only a few hundred people turned up to vote at PCFPD for all of the millions in tax dollars they spend and the way they lied to people to get more money. What a stupid neighborhood. We can't stop watching and digging into the finances they keep trying to hide.

Thanks to all challengers who had the nerve to go up against that threatening, arrogant fraternity with the chief that screwed up his own simple election process. Sooner or later, that will get cleaned up, too.

Tue May 04, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm glad you can be so cheerful, Skyhigh. This was a debacle of the highest magnitude. But I'll make a prediction - they can spend another couple of days of wasted time lecturing everybody about using forum names and expounding on the glory of facebook, they can sit around and blame the public for being so stupid as to not hand them the jobs, and they'll do all of that to cover for the fact that you can't win an election while sitting around doing nothing. The few pages of info they finally got around to showing the public in the last few days was long after most of the district had already given up on the idea that somebody would beat the boys club by talking to a few friends and not showing the voters that there was even an issue.

The situation is now worse than ever thanks to a couple of people who talked a big game and didn't do squat. The blame is all yours so don't try pointing it outwards to us. You didn't even try.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 am

You know what Beanie......You take time off your (more than full time) job and go get records and put your money where your mouth is.

There is no doubt in my mind why good and decent people don't stick their necks out in this county to make changes. The why is right here.

I think my husband and I do have a solution to our problems here with county government at every level.

I don't feel safe in my own home anymore.

I think it is time to look for a good real estate agent!

For me, I am not concerned with the loss of a race. I am more concerned with the loss of respect and trust that I once had in so many of the people that have been involved in this.

Yes...I prefer Facebook to this BS because people are accountable for the things they say. They don't get to hide behind a computer screen thinking they are bigger than they really are.

You have a good day Beanie (excellent choice of a screen name by the way).......Just remember...now you can clean up after your own crap.

(Moderator....feel free to do whatever you choose with my membership here. I don't have much use for it anymore.)

Skyhigh
Thanks for the encouraging words. It was truly a learning experience as to who you can trust and who you cannot.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:10 am

Toldja. :sadly:

Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 am

I would have taken time to go get documents but I was told that a couple of other people were already doing that. By the time we knew nobody was getting anything done, it was too late. So you can make any excuse you want, but there are people who would have done more if they hadn't been told it was already in the works and proceeding well.

Next time, nobody is getting my time or support unless they come out swinging. Get whatever agent you want to. I agree that things were just made worse.

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover - or its screen name. Beanie seems very educated.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:20 am

Based on the kind of destructive behavior we've had to deal with in here lately, we're going to close this thread and temporarily suspend the account you just invited us to delete or ...?

It's hard enough to keep up with keeping the place clean without having really angry people throwing mud while mad. We hope you will all settle back into debate mode.

BANDB let us know if you change your mind about deactivating your account.

Wed May 05, 2010 8:02 am

Just adding links to the Elk Creek results for the benefit of the NE part of Park County.

Vote counts: http://parkbull.com/politics/2010/candi ... 0.html#elk

And a short article by the High Timber Times
http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?039 ... 8039039001

Wed May 05, 2010 10:17 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]