It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:07 am

Thank You! 

Post Thank You!
Unlike most in the other thread, I would like to express my Thanks to those who spent their money, time, and energy running for the Platte Canyon Fire District board. They put their money, their names, their faces, and their reputations where their mouth is to try to help the community.

THAT is good citizenship!

Many thanks to nobody, Lora, and Paul.

Jack

Wed May 05, 2010 10:15 am

Post Re: Thank You!
jf1acai wrote:
Unlike most in the other thread, I would like to express my Thanks to those who spent their money, time, and energy running for the Platte Canyon Fire District board. They put their money, their names, their faces, and their reputations where their mouth is to try to help the community.

Jack, since you decided to bring up the argument again, those of us who took our time and reputations to support a change on the fire board have to disagree with "those of you in this thread". Some of us really did reach out and try to support these people only to find out we were the only ones doing anything. They didn't spend any money on this and very little time and energy. Just ask anyone around - hardly anyone even saw them except at one event one time. They said they were going to get financial papers to show the community but they didn't do anything until the last minute. We wasted our time and our own reputations to support people who wouldn't do anything. They wanted to spend more time fighting with one or two opinions about them that they didn't like than they did on campaigning. As Beanie said, you can't beat the biggest club in the neighborhood by playing in facebook and talking to a couple of friends. If the candidates don't tell the public anything, the public has no way of knowing anything needs to be done.

So, unless you publicly fought for this race really hard, Jack, you have no place criticizing those of us who did. We worked at it and have a right to complain that we were left swinging in the wind.

When nobody said that she learned a lot from this race about who to trust, she's right. We learned as well whose word to trust and who to spend our time and reputation on supporting.

Thu May 06, 2010 7:20 am