It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Sheriff Candidate Debate Friday June 11 

Post Sheriff Candidate Debate Friday June 11
A debate between Graves and Wegener is scheduled for this Friday, June 11 at the Shepherd of the Rockies Church on Rosalie Rd near Bailey. They have moderators and ground rules set up to make it professional. Should be informative. I hope there is a good crowd.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am

Post Re: Sheriff Candidate Debate Friday June 11
Wouldn't you know it as soon as I posted that I found a link to the ground rules. That's the law from Murphy.

http://parkbull.com/politics/2010/10061 ... format.pdf

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:05 am

That's great news! The Sheriff is actually going to debate! He usually tries to avoid these things if I remember right. This should be very interesting as many more questions have come up since the last one.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 am

Better check this debate out before you go. Word is that Sheriff Wegoner has backed out.

Tough One

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:04 pm

That's right, the Sheriff says because that campaign committee organized it, he thinks he'll be ambushed by those pesky citizens wanting him to answer questions. He's a coward. So the chair of the Republican Central Committee, who is helping incumbents including Fred, advised Fred that he shouldn't go unless they agreed to do everything his way. He wanted to limit the questions to experience and not to bad things that have happened while he's been in office or how much money he's lost. So the board decided to hold debates where the questions all go through the Exec board for filtering. You know what that means - you can't ask anything about his personnel problems with the deputies misbehaving in the schools or where all of the money is going. It will be the biggest waste of time and Fred love-fest ever. I don't plan to go. The 3 people on the central committee board have just hijacked the election and assured that the incumbents never have to answer for the messes they've made. Instead of a citizens committee asking questions, citizens won't be able to ask anything. Only the board can pick questions.

Congratulations, Republican Board. You hijacked the election again. You're no better than the corrupt incumbents you protect. I suggest boycotting the formal debates and going to the citizen access Meet the Candidates instead, if there are any. Otherwise, you're stuck with what the Republican chair wants you to have. It's pretty disgusting.

Why should the county trust that one special interest board more than the citizens? I don't. I want answers. These debates will be pointless and boring.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:47 am

That's ridiculous. Everybody knows the PCRCC chair supports Fred. He will give him the questions in advance and protect Fred from any hard questions. Fred can't think on his feet so they have to prop him up. More corruption in elections. I'm embarrassed to be a republican in this county. They stink to high heaven. This whole place smells. We need some fair meetings where citizens can get their questions answered, not pablum from the sycophants.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 am

Hi boys and girls,

I thought there was something in the bylaws that says barnyard creatures can't run for public office in Park County. Clearly Fred is a chicken, so that basis alone should disqualify him in the sheriff's race. I sure hope Mr. Graves gives Freddy-boy a good plucking in August!

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:00 am

No creatures in government? The snakes made it. Why not a chicken?

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:21 am

Since I'm kinda new I don't know if we can post a link to another website's information, so if I'm out of line, please pull this post.

The person who set up the debate between Wegener and Graves has posted the email exchange between herself and Fred on [another website]. The emails are posted on page 2 of this thread:
http://www.[another website].com/Forums/viewtopi ... d6a79dc340

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Imagine my embarrassment -- I should have read the whole forum before posting. (insert blushing emoticon here) The same info as on [another website] is in the Your Vote 2010 forum. Sorry.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:17 pm

No worries, Windchime. The important thing is that the information get out there. Thank you for helping.

The thread in the adjacent forum is here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3753

It looks like Fred accepted, then declined, then got central committee to set up debates controlled by his supporters instead. I didn't think the executive board was supposed to play favorites before a primary. They don't follow any rules, though. Anything to win.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:30 pm