It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:01 am

Who are Republicans, What are debates? 

Post Who are Republicans, What are debates?
It's crazy in the party this year. I don't know if they realize it, but they are a joke for the county. The central committee decides that they own all things Republican (not conservative) and no other Republicans count. They look like the national party before the 2008 election. Screwed up. Out of touch. Liberal. Pathetic. And I am a Republican. But not their kind. I guess I'm more tea party conservative because this county party doesn't look or act like me any more.

The party is fighting about who can hold "debates". Here's the thing. ANYBODY CAN!! If I wanted to organize a Meet, people who refused to go would look arrogant or scared. They went when the chamber held one. They went to the HOA meetings. Why are they afraid of their own citizens and public now? Do Fred and Mark need the whole party committee running their campaigns for them and slanting everything in their favor to protect them? Is that why the party is all run by incumbent insiders now? The government is also the Republican party? That's what it looks like this year. They say they can run the county but not their campaigns? And does Lilly need Democrats to run hers, too? Democrats and a goon squad, like Obama?

Just accept that the worst of the worst big taxy-spenders are going to win the republican races in Park County. Tighe is already talking about a new tax that's de-bruced. When does he ever stop talking about adding taxes and de-brucing everything just like the rest of the liberals in county office? With a public that doesn't care to do anything but stay blind and loyal, nothing else can be accomplished. The desperate big government liberals run the place, have taken over, and now also run the republican party in the county. Time to get out and get conservative. Get away from this crazy RINO bunch and clean up.

Elsner-Wegener-Dowaliby-Morris-Green-Kintz are fighting Wissel-Nelson-Graves-Rodriguez it looks like. You should see the emails they have been sending back and forth. Elsner is the chair of the party, but he fought to protect Wegener from a debate with his Republican opponent. And he now wants to talk about other people breaking rules. In fact, he throws somebody else out for violating bylaws. What a joke. The sheriff can't fight his own battles and has to have his own goon squad keeping him safe from the public. They can't win fair and square so they constantly fight dirty. That's your leadership.

Good luck.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:52 am

Post Re: Who are Republicans, What are debates?
I am disgusted with and embarrassed by the Republicans "in charge" of ParkCo. We need to stop voting in family dynasties and look at what the individuals running for office stand for. Elsner? Pathetic. He belongs in Chicago with the Dems of that ilk. If Mike Graves wants to have a snowball's chance he needs to distance himself from the Wissels ASAP and hope that he can repair the damage to his campaign from that association.

Yep, disgusted and embarrassed.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Have to agree Windchime. If Graves decided to ignore all the information on what just happened with the Wissels, he doesn't have the judgment to run the SO. I think Mike and Fred are a lot alike. They both have that arrogant streak and attract unsavory and crazy people. Then when they see that the people are liars or whatever they stick by them because they get something out of it or don't want to admit they were wrong and we dumb civilians were right. Stupid arguments and excuses follow. It's tiring. Is it something to do with law enforcement people or just politicians who want to run everything and make their own rules? Fred's got Monte and Mark and Mike has Lillian and the committee. They'll never learn. The two albatrosses must be good at kissing arses and spreading bullsxxxxx (um propaganda).

Count me out of supporting the Rs. I've decided not to vote in the sheriff's race. There isn't enough difference that I can see proof of.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:50 pm

I will be voting in the Sheriff's race, and my vote is for Mike. There are so many people in the county that still think Fred is a "hero" ( :bs: ) that my vote is necessary to try to keep him from being re-elected. Mike has some very good qualities, I like his ideas for some changes in the department, and he has a good professional track record. Not voting for him is a vote for Fred. I don't see Mike as a lesser of two evils and I think he has good potential. I will vote to give him that opportunity to prove himself. Fred's already proven himself, and come up short.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:56 pm

The central committee is advertising their debates as fair and professional. That's crap. Most of the questions are coming from people who support Fred and will give him the questions they wrote even if the two running it don't. Do you really think that Undersheriff Monte Gore and his wife Bobbi, Clerk Deb Green, Cowbird Coroner Sharon Morris, Lee Phillips and all won't send copies of the questions they wrote to their favorite candidate or at least manage to tell Fred what questions they wrote? This is the dumbest idea I've ever seen. Elsner says the central committee is unbiased. Where has he been living? Some alternate planet? He's either the stupidest man I've ever heard of or he's really putting one over on the public. Those debates will be the most unfair and strongly biased candidate events ever seen in this county. Worthless. Anybody who isn't supported by the lifelong inside officials better watch their backs. Your opponents already know what will be asked, I guarantee it.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Settle down, my critics. My use of "cowbird" is a bird, not a cow. It never entered my mind to criticize somebody's size. It has to do with living off other people. We have to hope she isn't teaching that frame of mind to her protege' Junior Kintz. His family is already well practiced at feeding at the public trough. If he runs the coroner's office like his father runs road and bridge, I am determined to never die here. Not that he would notice. My remains would probably be picked up when they felt like it for political purposes - like the roads are maintained.

And don't you think that his government insider supporters on central committee wouldn't have tipped him off to what their questions would look like? Davis will be blindsided in spite of what Elsner and Bartel have said about their "professional" process. Idiots all.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:18 am

I knew what ya meant, Sky. Yup, I knew what ya meant.

Now I'm hearing through the grapevine that Silly Lill has turned on Mike and is making deals with Fred and the other incumbent fungi. We have to remember she's a government fungus herself. Growing and growing in the dim light for years feeding at the "public trough". Anybody else hear this? She's hanging around Mike to get his voters support but is supporting Fred now. So, there you go. Anybody who knows the Wissels isn't surprised. She turned on others that were friends for longer than Mike, before. She'll do what she has to do to anybody to get what she wants. She used her own kids, she'll use anybody else at the drop of a dollar. Too bad he wouldn't listen before it got this late in the game.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:57 pm

vroomm, where did you hear that - on the Bailey side or the Fairplay side? I got an email from somebody in the government who said there were some pretty strange things going on to win elections this year. I guess if they'll threaten innocent people, there isn't much they won't do.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:39 am