It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:17 am

Video of Candidate Meeting 7-27-10 

Post Video of Candidate Meeting 7-27-10
A lot of the heavier competition wasn't there, so some people had extra time to talk. (Like the audience.)

Sheriff and Coroner opponents didn't show up. Much repeat by commissioners. If you're hooked though, here's another movie.

http://[another website].com/Forums/video.php?page=5

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:11 am

Post Re: Video of Candidate Meeting 7-27-10
Welcome back Cowboy! Thanks for the link, but I don't think I can watch another one. I've seen the rest.

I have a question for anybody who thinks they might know. If the firefighters all turned out in droves to vote against nobody and the other new candidates in the fire board election, what makes us think that they won't come out in the hundreds again to vote against anyone that nobody and her friends support? The firefighters and most deputies support the old guard, right? Won't that just motivate more people to make sure they come out to vote for their buddy Fred? She sure made a lot of firefighters and deputies mad. Only 50 or 60 people voted for the new guys and more than 300 made sure they came to vote against them. Will that repeat itself? Fred still seems to own the place because most people don't know or care what's going on. That's their own fault, but still the reality. What does anybody think? Does Mike have enough followers to offset all of the firefighters, deputies and their families?

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:10 pm

No reason I would be able to predict that, but I'd have to guess no, it won't make much difference. Those guys usually want to just defend their own pack. nobody hasn't been part of the crazies attacking people for no reason in this race. At least, I didn't see it if she has. The other two have been quiet too, unless they're pretending to be somebody else. The bullies all have things in common but I don't know that they'll pay attention to one person that much. I don't think we should worry too much about supporting Mike. He can't help what people support him, whether they're good or bad. Some of them probably do a lot of work, but some just don't know how to play nice. It's only a few, I think, and we shouldn't blame Mike or any one person.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:06 pm

I wasn't trying to blame anybody, just to ask if the movement might repeat itself. The other election wasn't that long ago. Sometimes people get things stuck in their heads and can't get past it. I wouldn't be surprised if the "bullies" wouldn't do just that. More of a question of psychology. Or mob mentality 8o| . Or political mental illness. :D

There's a lot of craziness going on out there with people forgetting they're going to still have to live here when it's over.

Thanks for the answer. Makes some sense.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:39 pm

I didn't watch this one either but thanks, Cowboy. On the firefighters voting, they might be more motivated to defend Fred because of his relationship with Chief Jeff. Having their worst enemy in there might get more of the families out but I don't think it will be all that much difference from what it would have been anyway. There's nothing you can do about them. They're a gang. Just an uncontrolled gang.

Right roadrunner. This has been a hard election with people who love to hate other people taking over. So much for our nice, friendly mountain living. I no longer feel very good about our choices and I'm worried about my family. That shouldn't happen here.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:40 am

InsideOut wrote:
nobody hasn't been part of the crazies attacking people for no reason in this race. At least, I didn't see it if she has. The other two have been quiet too, unless they're pretending to be somebody else.

I don't know how anybody would know any more with all of the multiple names some people register with. Some people who ran for office don't want to post under their own names because they're public people. We can talk about them, right? So I'd guess they'd be real careful about getting wild with their own name. I think they are all posting under duplicate names to make it look like they have a bigger group. Or maybe they just need to have somebody to have the neverending fights with. :roflol2:

That's politicians for you!

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:34 am

p.s. I know they are all reading this website all the time because they are always complaining about everything on it. We hear them all the time. Good job! :)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:38 am

Already heard from somebody who said they were going to vote against the crowd of supporters and they wouldn't take any argument. It seems the early campaign was better. Now we just wait and see.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:59 am

Some of us were talking last weekend and listing the people who are left on Mike's campaign. Most (not all) of the ones still left seem to be people who have done nothing but lose elections and get kicked out of every place. Why would somebody running for election want to do that? It's almost over thank god. One week and we'll have more information about how the rest of the year is shaping up.

If I can stick a plug in here, Dan Maes for Governor and Ken Buck for Senator. Scott is a thief (with Wissels as his campaign people in Park County), and Norton is a whiner who can only advertise that Buck is picking on her. Poor little thing. Not ready for Washington.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:10 am

Buck is up about 5% over Norton, according to the RCP average. The tiring Norton ads probably got to people. She has nothing more important to say than that she's being attacked and she can't take a joke. Do you run for office and not get attacked? That would mean you're not noticed.

The polls in the Governor's race are all over the place. Hick is generally expected to win with Tancredo selling everybody out. I've never seen somebody's approval sound like it crashed as badly as Tancredo's has since he announced he would run as a third party. As you say, McInnis is disgraced. Most of them end up that way. Maes could have a chance if Tancredo would get a taste of reality and get out of the way. When the Repubs start fighting for the win instead of fighting each other, we could come out on top. Colorado has become a mess all over. No place worse than Park County. It's a pretty poor selection.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:16 am

It's sad about Norton. She looked like a strong candidate. She can't stand up against a Dem if she thinks Buck is being too hard on her. I vote for Maes and Buck and hope for the best.

As for people losing elections, I think that's partly why they are so mad at everything. They are thinking only about fighting, getting even, and not always what's best for the county. Maybe they want a second chance through the new candidate. That won't work.

Thanks for the news on the Buck-Norton race. Will the governor's race settle down? :shrug:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:00 pm