It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:23 am

Primary Election Vote Results with Percentages Aug 10 10 
Alert A+

Post Primary Election Vote Results with Percentages Aug 10 10
We have modified a tally of vote counts from the August 10, 2010 Park County primary election.

It includes totals and percentage calculations in contested races.

http://www.parkbull.com/politics/2010/2 ... Clerk.html

Thanks to all who participated in this important election.

**==

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:43 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Primary Election Vote Results with Percentages Aug 10 10
The results are not very surprising except that Dowaliby did so well. It was always possible he would win in the primary but not by a good percent. The gap in sheriffs is bigger than expected, isn't it?

I plan to support the independent candidates. This one-party tyranny is old. Plus I think they might be more ethical.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:20 am

The Sheriff's race lost ground in the last month or so with so many negative attachments to Mike's campaign. It should have been closer and would have if he had kept going the way he was early on. Unfortunately he just kept gathering more and more wild people out for their own purposes. Then they took it on the road. Too bad somebody didn't warn him about the kind of people he was associating with all the time. They didn't know anything about winning an election.

Too bad about Tammy, really. We really didn't need another crooked Kintz in the government. I'd still like to know why Morris wanted the kid instead of the infinitely qualified doctor. Something to hide? On the commissioner race, as long as it wasn't Wissel, I'm ok with it.

So we have fun through to November. \:D/ Still a couple of races to decide!

Good on Buck and Maes. At least something worked out well. Hick is going to be tough to beat, tho.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Hick will be extremely hard to beat if the repubs don't get their act together. That means Tancredo too. He is undercutting his own party because he thinks they aren't good enough for him. I used to like him on his positions but he's lost my respect.

Buck can win if he's careful. Just accept that repubs will win in Park County and you won't be disappointed. :twisted:

Thanks everybody who ran for office. It doesn't look like any fun to me.

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:00 am

What is the average number of voters in the primaries for past years, not including this year?

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

I think this turnout was normal. Not too many people vote in primaries or special elections. Look at the fire election turnout. It was very small even though a lot of people were yelling about their complaints. Sometimes a certain level of craziness makes people want to stay home and not vote. We've probably seen that a couple of times this year. It's too bad, but it doesn't sound like the craziness is stopping. Could be getting worse which means probably nothing will ever get done.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Hello wterrell. Good to see you again. I think the turnout was a little less in some of the past primaries, but it usually isn't very high.

The Bailey area sure got crazy there at the end and it doesn't sound like it's settling down. They are the ones who cost Mike the election, if you ask me. Maybe not entirely, but it didn't help. He just hadn't been around long enough to know who to stay clear of. Either that or he likes people who are constantly insanely angry and attacking people all the time. If that's the case, I have to feel relieved that he lost. There were people involved in this election who I'd never seen even pay attention to politics before. The jury is out on whether some of that was good or bad. Just my opinion.

Wterrel, did you think that was a low turnout? I always think it sounds like a low number but it always seems to be low in a primary no matter how animated some groups get. They get themselves all wound up like a mob mentality and think that everyone else is following them. Like those forum polls that showed Mike way ahead. When you fake polls, you're disappointed on election day. It doesn't do any good.

All in all, these results weren't very unexpected. Except maybe Doobie. I would like to see somebody new in that office.

For the rest, I recommend everybody take a deep breath, get your meds adjusted, and think about leading life with active vigilance and participation, but within reality. ;) Having one more gang of bullies that criticizes everybody for being a gang of bullies doesn't seem productive.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:58 pm

I don't know about turnout. Seemed a bit higher than past years. That's the worst whuppin' I remember seeing in a sheriff race with another name printed on the ballot.

Been a long week. Have a good weekend.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Cowboy1 wrote:
I don't know about turnout. Seemed a bit higher than past years. That's the worst whuppin' I remember seeing in a sheriff race with another name printed on the ballot.

Been a long week. Have a good weekend.

The woman who ran against Fred years ago came closer. I think she was a Democrat. This was surprising to me. It has been a long week and now the calm before the next storm. What is interesting is to see the different decisions on campaigns and how they turned out. The candidates who put up a single page or did their own website and left it at that, won. The ones who had a lot of flap going on in the louder forums, either by themselves or their supporters, lost. No "moral of the story" intended, just observing.

Thanks to everybody for running. Shame on the people who don't bother to get informed and vote. Poor turnout.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:47 am

The "moral of the story" is that the county government is happy with the "loud" forum because the county doesn't have to attack anybody any more. The crazies are doing their work for them. At least that's what a couple of county employees told me this week.

They're very grateful. :bowdown:

Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:48 am

Looking at who won the precincts http://parkbull.com/politics/2010/10081 ... sults.html

The candidates who won really swept it. Even Doobie beat Wissel by over 8%. The Sheriff wiped them out and stormed the whole county. People who voted for some of the other new candidates somehow decided not to vote for Mike. I guess it's true, the rumors that people turned away because of the crazy group.

If there is a case to be concerned about, I hope it isn't too badly damaged by all of the misinformation that has been thrown around about elections and so forth. It doesn't take that much to turn a true concern into a comedy show and then have it disregarded.

I guess we will see if they can be serious and professional instead of their usual selves.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:02 am