It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:56 am

Park County Sample Ballot 2010 Released 
Alert A+

Post Park County Sample Ballot 2010 Released
The Park County Clerk's office has released their two versions of sample ballots to be used by voters for the 2010 General Election. Park County is divided between two Colorado Congressional Districts, so there are two separate ballots. Most of the county is in CD 5, currently represented by Republican Doug Lamborn. CD6, a small section of NE Park County, is currently represented by Republican Mike Coffman.

If you live in CD5, the sample ballot that says Precinct 1 at the top represents what your ballot will look like.

In CD6, scroll down to the ballot that says Precinct 9 at the top.

Each ballot is 3 pages long. Please read carefully before voting as there are some odd texts. Ask questions here, if you like. Or Google and bring us your opinions.

BALLOT ISSUES
In reading some of the ballot issues, we would caution the voter to pay particular attention to the wording. You may think a Yes vote supports your position, when, in fact, they are asking if they should prohibit something. If you want it, you vote No. If you're interested in stopping the activity, vote Yes. (That is an example and not necessarily applicable to any particular current issues.)

TAX INCREASE
Referendum 1B asks voters to increase taxes by applying a 4% additional tax on Medical Marijuana and related paraphernalia. It also adds a section exempting it from TABOR, allowing the county to collect as much as they can and spend it without any restriction or taxpayer protections or input.

JUDICIAL RETENTION (APPOINTED JUDGES)
We hope to provide some information regarding judicial retention as we realize most people don't follow that. Our Park County Judge Brian Louis Green was recommended unanimously for retention with glowing reviews. Others have not been recommended so highly and there may be some problems in their records. We will try to bring details here shortly. Feel free to discuss.

http://parkbull.com/politics/2010/Sampl ... eneral.pdf

Get Ready! :soap: Here it comes!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Park County Sample Ballot 2010 Released
I'm voting to throw Stephen Groome off the bench. I don't know how he got appointed, but he was unqualified then and incompetent now, in my opinion. The board that reviews judges said he had to take some kind of classes in order to get any kind of recommendation from them, I read. Some of the board withheld their vote even with that requirement. He's made some dumb statements from the bench. He was the bosom buddy of Leni Walker and John Tighe and Lee Phillips and he was the former county attorney that helped them set up all of these grungy overspending systems.

http://www.chieftain.com/news/local/art ... 73e4f.html

Groome was the county attorney and now as District Court Judge hears cases against the county where he has all of his buddies working. I don't see how anybody can get fair treatment against the county with him judging.

I think Brian Green, the county judge, is good, from what I've heard.

VOTE NO ON STEPHEN GROOME

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:56 pm